• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v West Brom OMT ***

What did I say about the ref at half time? How can someone that brick get a gig in the EPL?

He killed the game. Killed it and 'encouraged' the drudgers to hack forth and nearly achieve their aim of seriously injuring one of our players. I think he took Alli off for his own protection personally, as they were battering him and he would either have been tacoted or sent off.

Give me losses and wins over draw - from a pure mathmatical perspective they are costing us even though the run continues.

Tbf the scum lost here two weeks ago so they are a hard side but they were such an aggressive horrible side. They will be Stoke mark 2 very soon - terrible behaviour on and off the ball.

Also that ref was rubbish (one of the worst I've seen) - that was a real bad tackle and he wanted to play on until he saw the reaction of our players. He clearly didn't see it 5 yards away as that was a nasty leg breaking red card challenge if I ever saw one.

They already are for me.

He was a fudging disgrace, I see no media have mentioned that egregious filthy foul post-match. As for the lino, unforgivable, what is the fudging point of bringing on a sub to play off the defender with pace if the officials are too brick to see when he's clearly onside? The lad would've scored I am convinced.

This is where I really miss Bentaleb, and the Mason-Bentaleb combo. Sure Dembele and Dier will win more 50/50 duels than them, but the only thing awaiting us at the end of a 50/50 against a Pulis lead WBA is another 50/50.

People are being harsh on some of the 6 players that operated in the "front 4" positions today (Kane, Eriksen, Alli, Lamela, Son, Clinton). To me they were all average because we failed to provide them with the kind of passes they can thrive on. This is the job of the other 6 outfield players on the pitch - particularly our central midfield. We were outfought, for me not because we weren't up for a fight - but rather because we were willing to play this as a fighting game. Bentaleb and Mason (on form) would have been looking to receive the ball in tighter areas, they would have looked to make more effective first touches and they would have found a purposeful pass more often and quicker. That would have given us a chance to hurt WBA by playing through their pressure more often.

Not looking to have a go at either Dembele or Dier or rekindle debates of the past. Both have been very good this season (though I think Dembele has been better further forward), and for 15-20 minutes of the second half Dembele upped his game and we looked good. But I miss the options given to us by those other players unfortunately not available at the moment.

A point away to WBA is fine in isolation though. And a draw was the fair result based on performances. I think the negativity about our draws is massively overstated by some here.

Well said that man.

We cannot complain about that style of play on the one hand and then complain when we get labelled as 'southern softies' on the other.

We need to win against teams no matter how they play - ugly, we'll whip 'em, pretty, we'll whip 'em with even greater ease. How they play shouldn't ideally enter into it.

Right. And if the referee is doing his job, then teams should not be able to get away with that. Because things like free-kicks and yellow cards will accumulate. We got nothing today, Moss did nothing to establish a clean game early doors and we were lucky his shoddy weak-handed approach didn't yield a leg-breaker. The bottom-line is, playing hard is one thing playing dirty and getting away with it repeatedly because of a brick ref is another.

Same ref when we lost to Man Utd. When I saw the fouls being allowed, it reminded me of how Bolton under Big Sam and Kevin Davies used to foul us and the ref would let it slide.

The team tried but lost focus. I am glad we are unbeaten but oh boy did Vertoghen look uncomfortable today and Harry Kane ..

That said - COYS!! Lets laugh at those who said we would be relegated this season!

Our squad is painfully thin. Not enough quality. That bench is nowhere near good enough.

Yes..exactly..we still have some very good players..no one really World Class in front of the smaller box near the goal though!

Chadli, Mason, Bentaleb all injured. Three internationals and fully-fledged first-team players. Matches like today is where we need them, although in fairness to the likes of demo goons, our injuries are not terrible...

You really believed we would get at CL spot this season? And you based that on what?
Based on United not being much of a team under LVG, we are very much at least on par with Liverpool. Expected City, Arsenal and Chelsea to be better than us.

I didn't see the game, the result is a bit disappointing - but in the context of the league this season, it's not a bad result. The points total that wins the league will be low this season, there is no outstanding team. We are right in it, I don't know what teams people are seeing out there (in England) that are so much better than us.

I was a little bummed with the performance today. Then I took a shower and put on my King shirt and immediately felt awesome. With knees he'd still be playing, like a sex GHod. Where's the Ledley King man Love thread?

Strange game really.

Few pointers:

Dembele was too deep to be effective and needed to be where Alli (although the latter was doing fine). Dier wasn't involved much as wasn't Lamela. There seemed to be chasm somewhere and it's not like we played badly. Kane was a little short of ideas and at time crowded out.

My excuses:

WBA worked hard as would most home teams. It was a very Pulis performance.
We were away and this would have been a game we'd have lost.
Moss was a count as usual - terrible ref.
We used the Pulis method in the first half and scored.
They used the Pulis method more in the second half (against a difficult backwind) and that caused us problems.

We can really get annoyed as to not have won (particularly because of the results around us) but seriously, 14 unbeaten is not to be sniffed at (bet Jose would take it!). Didn't they beat the goons?

I'm gutted like most not to win and it was the first time I saw Poch not embrace his opp equivalent as warmly as he does.

Make no mistake, if the wind wasn't there then we would have won imo.

Onwards and upwards...

Well that was a cr#p drive home, just got back.

Naturally disappointed we didnt win, but more disappointed that we didnt look like we could cope with the conditions(most of the time). The wind was horrendous and must have been a godsend for Tony Pulis and his rugby team, they truly are Stoke City 2

Awful performance from an inept referee too, should have his wages docked...and from what i can gather N'jie was not offside which makes me more p#ssed off.

We defintely have to start turning these draws into wins, all well and good being unbeaten with back-to-back draws, but pointswise we would better off winning one week losing the next....like them down the road

@MC_of_A
xG map for #wba-#COYS. West Brom were allowed to determine the pace and style of the match, earned a draw.
CVfK-D5WEAAWR__.png:large

Watching toby and jan was like watching an under 15 game - they let balls bounce time and time again and put ourselves under real pressure. Just attack the first ball ffs
That's not exactly easy when you have no idea where exactly the ball will end up due to the strong wind.

This is where I really miss Bentaleb, and the Mason-Bentaleb combo. Sure Dembele and Dier will win more 50/50 duels than them, but the only thing awaiting us at the end of a 50/50 against a Pulis lead WBA is another 50/50.

People are being harsh on some of the 6 players that operated in the "front 4" positions today (Kane, Eriksen, Alli, Lamela, Son, Clinton). To me they were all average because we failed to provide them with the kind of passes they can thrive on. This is the job of the other 6 outfield players on the pitch - particularly our central midfield. We were outfought, for me not because we weren't up for a fight - but rather because we were willing to play this as a fighting game. Bentaleb and Mason (on form) would have been looking to receive the ball in tighter areas, they would have looked to make more effective first touches and they would have found a purposeful pass more often and quicker. That would have given us a chance to hurt WBA by playing through their pressure more often.

Not looking to have a go at either Dembele or Dier or rekindle debates of the past. Both have been very good this season (though I think Dembele has been better further forward), and for 15-20 minutes of the second half Dembele upped his game and we looked good. But I miss the options given to us by those other players unfortunately not available at the moment.

A point away to WBA is fine in isolation though. And a draw was the fair result based on performances. I think the negativity about our draws is massively overstated by some here.

I'm sorry if this is rude, but what utter drivel. Did you watch us last season? Today's match was like the WHOLE of last season. Mason and bentalebs biggest weakness was that they offered no limk to the front 4, every game was like today, but we had Eriksen and Kane pulling goals out of their arse to rescue us time and time again.

I think it's funny that their dier and Dembele partnership has been absolutely incredible. One bad game (that the whole team suffered) and all of a sudden bentaleb and mason could've done better.... Mental!

I'm sorry if this is rude, but what utter drivel. Did you watch us last season? Today's match was like the WHOLE of last season. Mason and bentalebs biggest weakness was that they offered no limk to the front 4, every game was like today, but we had Eriksen and Kane pulling goals out of their arse to rescue us time and time again.

I think it's funny that their dier and Dembele partnership has been absolutely incredible. One bad game (that the whole team suffered) and all of a sudden bentaleb and mason could've done better.... Mental!

I actually felt that we missed Mason's energy and the way he moves the ball quickly. It would have been useful to have Bentaleb and Mason available today, as I felt that they could have influenced the game in a positive way. All four of Demble, Dier, Mason and Bentaleb are important to our squad IMHO and I feel they will all have a role to play in what looks like it will be a long and tiring season.

Last edited:
even more reason to deal with it before it bounces, it could go anywhere

I think they were trying to head before it bounced, bbbbuuuuttttt the wind made it difficult so it bounce.
Rinse and repeat

The weather made very hard to handle any high ball. Music for any WBA team.

Draws will not even get us into the top 4 ...points we desperately need at this stage of the season..oh I forgot its a marathon innit..:D ....oh yeah......................:rolleyes:
It sounds like some of the players were not at their best to-day.
I did not see the game!
The ref was a bit of a Wanger then...
what do we expect though...? a class referee in this country. :D
It just stinks....money being placed somewhere.
China..or maybe Russia.

goodbye....title chances...

Funny isn't it. One week were at the start of a new dawn,
then wer'e back to square one ..lol
perhaps I am overreacting ....but I'm so disappointed..a new dawn! fiddlesticks.
Oh BTW...those fans who chanted your brick to WBA.at the start of the game!
worst fans in the country..and complete utter idiots.
Dont follow us again. You must have done the Spurs players a great favour..by putting the backs of WBA fans up and their Team.LOL..WELL DONE!

I want proper fans supporting my club...not a bunch of idiots!

I don't know what you're on, or if all your posts are as ridiculous as this one, but you are filling up space on this forum with utter drivel.

Back