• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Saudi Sportswashing Machine OMT ***

Now we will see what this team is made of?
Well put. I completely agree with Dubai Eriksen in particular needs to raise his game, although in his three seasons with us he does go through dips in form during the season so this is not new.

A team in the bottom 3, at home, who haven't won back to back games in 41 matches? Nothing's a given, of course, but the odds of winning when resting a player or two against a team like that as opposed to top half opposition have to be better.

As it happens, no first choice player was actually rested today, so your point is?

Well put.

My point is that there were various people on here saying that Saudi Sportswashing Machine was virtually a walkover and we could rest players and still win. No PL game is easy. The PL is the priority, I would imagine, for Poch and most people so we should be playing our first 11 in the league and resting players in the EL and domestic cups. Unfortunately a number of our first teamers have played large chunks of our first 6 EL games. Irrespective of ability, playing Carroll today was surprising given that he played the whole game on Thurs

I was actually amazed Cisse didnt score, as soon as they mentioned he had never scored against us I was almost going to put a bet on

It was ominous for me the minute the commentator mentioned Perez scoring against us last season. 'He scored the winning goal at the Lane last season...Saudi Sportswashing Machine need more magic like that from him if they're to turn things around'. As soon as I heard that and saw him stretching on the touchline, I felt like it had been foretold by the gods that we'd happily help him do just that.

So, so, so typically Tottenham.

I think the Carroll start was part of meritocracy and I have no problem with that. We didn't concede until he went off BTW...I do agree that long-term we should have enough squad wise not to need him, but he was not the reason we lost today by any stretch IMO. Did anyone think Harry picked up a knock firstt half???

We are an extremely good side and we are very young. We had another poor second-half. I believe we will learn and push on because Poch doesn't do passengers. Yes, whilst I do not want to hang it on one or two players, these are the days we look for Christian to show up and make it happen. It is pressure but when you have his quality it is to be expected. As my mate just said, lets go on another 14 match unbeaten run and turn a fee more draws to wins!!!!!

Well, we'll see. Personally, I'm starting to get a bit worried about whether our grafting, solid-but-somewhat-straightforward style of play's been found out by the rest of the league already, but I know we have differing perspectives on that. If we truly have been found out, then the antidote is better players with more creativity, pace and power throughout the side: doesn't matter if they come from the fringes of the first team, the youth teams or the market, we will need them to up the individual quality of players in the side to the level where the collective heft of the team can overcome opponents who've figured us out. Much like Redknapp's teams.

Well that was a real kick in the b0ll0cks. I've been thinking that I could see us get to the top of the league within 10 league games or so, I was convinced we would win today. I didn't see that 2nd half performance coming (although I didn't see the Chelsea or WBA games, only listened on the radio to Chelsea).

The players let themselves down 2nd half. I also think Poch made a mess of it. We seemed to set-up to counter attack in the second half, but we had nobody to carry the ball from midfield and no pace. Son for Carroll was the right call, but it should have been done at half-time (better still, we should have started with Alli deep and Son at 10, with Carroll on the bench.) I think Poch should have a bit more confidence in our lineup for a home game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, picking Carroll deep with Alli at 10 was a conservative call imo. But the worst was the way we just sat back on the 1-0, it just had that typical Spurs feel about it where you know we will get done.

ARGH! Still, if Leciester and Chelsea play out a draw, not too much damage has been done. But it's an opportunity missed (again, so phucking typical, you'd think I would have learnt to curb my enthusiasm by now).

Well that was a real kick in the b0ll0cks. I've been thinking that I could see us get to the top of the league within 10 league games or so, I was convinced we would win today. I didn't see that 2nd half performance coming (although I didn't see the Chel53a or WBA games, only listened on the radio to Chel53a).

The players let themselves down 2nd half. I also think Poch made a mess of it. We seemed to set-up to counter attack in the second half, but we had nobody to carry the ball from midfield and no pace. Son for Carroll was the right call, but it should have been done at half-time (better still, we should have started with Alli deep and Son at 10, with Carroll on the bench.) I think Poch should have a bit more confidence in our lineup for a home game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, picking Carroll deep with Alli at 10 was a conservative call imo. But the worst was the way we just sat back on the 1-0, it just had that typical Spurs feel about it where you know we will get done.

ARGH! Still, if Leciester and Chel53a play out a draw, not too much damage has been done. But it's an opportunity missed (again, so phucking typical, you'd think I would have learnt to curb my enthusiasm by now).

Never we are Spurs fans .......COYS :)

Another game spent missing Bentaleb and Mason for me.

All too similar to the WBA game is a worry. When we need to take control of the game when put under pressure our central midfield doesn't pass and move with the necessary quality.

Our second defeat in the league of the season against a shambolic Poocastle side. Poor subs, tired legs, too much youth, no leaders, Harry draws a blank, Eriksen lazy and cowardly AND Hugo at fault again!!!

Get your jerky knees out here, in one convenient location.

COYKJ!

I think the Carroll start was part of meritocracy and I have no problem with that. We didn't concede until he went off BTW...I do agree that long-term we should have enough squad wise not to need him, but he was not the reason we lost today by any stretch IMO. Did anyone think Harry picked up a knock firstt half???

I am convinced he did. Midway through it, going through in the box, got caught on the back of his leg. Felt it for a while on the goal-line, looks like it may have stayed with him. Only he knows though

So a great weekend for Arsenal and City. Arsenal seem to get away with with it when they lose themselves.

We have played Liverpool and Villa with new managers and Saudi Sportswashing Machine who came off a good win v Liverpool.

We tend not to get much luck which you need in football.

Terrible performance today. Surprised no one has mentioned how poor Eriksen has been for a while now when did he have a good 90 minutes? That's why he plays for Spurs and not at a bigger club.

A deserved loss . Devoid of any energy movement skill or class .. Lazy and players looking at others players to do something and firmly believe Spurs players went out on that pitch from minute one expecting to just walk it and win it and we got exactly what we deserved .. You couple this with an absolute a1 ability in been unable to kill off any game of any sort no matter what the opposition and u get what we got today ..typical Spurs and not suprised in slightest .. Poch IMO made mistake in playing Carroll but hindsight is wonderful . We might have been winning when he came off but he came off for a reason .. We should have played son up top with Kane and give them more to deal with and think about . Shocking 3 points lost giving other results . IMO Spurs won't make top 4 anyway .. Too many average players .. Rose total liability again today . Walker clueless .. No proper cm dominating and controlling a game for us .. And Kane can't do it on own .. Sometimes like today when he was rubbish he needs to just drop back into ten role and have top striker ahead of him in a different mould .. Very disappointed but not suprised at result today

I never trusted that feckless Argentine know-nuffin'. Poch out. No wonder the Empire's gone, what with this permissive society and woolly society liberals turnin' our lads into skinny-legged shrinking violets. What happened to British grit? Bring back flogging and the gold standard, I says.....

Am I doing it right?

Lamela the only player in white who looked at it today, I thought. The rest thought they only had to turn up to win the game and looked like they'd rather be sitting with their feet up for their £50k a week. Have to say I called it, though, including Mitrovic as the scorer. Chance to go 4th, check. Unbeaten home record to preserve against bottom three opposition, check. The choke was always on; we've been letting ourselves get carried away. The number of times we got caught dwelling on the ball, or just gave it away with slack passing while under no pressure was like a throwback to the bad old days. Must do better.

Back