• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Saudi Sportswashing Machine OMT ***

It was a fudging cert that the weekend would turn out this way! Beaten by relegation fodder. Scum win, Utd get beat. Could have got into 4th. My favourite player, Eriksen, has been brick for a few weeks now. Carroll was crap, Kane was crap, Alli just wanted to fight with everyone all match. Hugo threw one in. Barcodes three in a row at the Lane. McLaren, Ashley and fat Geordies celebrating!

Knee-jerk! Letting it all out!

The 2nd goal he was awful, should never get beat there.

I think in the brief mêlée of the first one, instead of just falling on it, he took it away from Dier's feet when the latter might have cleared it as well. On the other hand, Eliot did us a favour too, lifting ED's header over their defender on the far post.

A very poor second half and we really didn't deserve anything out of the game. Eriksen is off the boil and needs to sharpen up. We really missed Dembele IMO. Today underscored for me the need to buy a Kane replacement/cover. When he gets short shrift from centre halves like against Chelsea, West Brom and today, we really struggle as a team to score. Poch has no direct replacement for him which needs to be rectified in January to give us the necessary options up front.

I thought Rose particularly and the rest of the back 4 were good today as well as Lamela. Hard to find a good performance amongst the rest though.

I never trusted that feckless Argentine know-nuffin'. Poch out. No wonder the Empire's gone, what with this permissive society and woolly society liberals turnin' our lads into skinny-legged shrinking violets. What happened to British grit? Bring back flogging and the gold standard, I says.....

Am I doing it right?
Just need to reinstate the Corn Laws and I think you have it covered! GHod we were bad second half!

People need to get this "Hugo is without imperfections" nonsense out of their heads

He has weaknesses and will let in the occasional howler - if he didn't, he would be playing somewhere else

He is an excellent goalkeeper, but he is not a GHod.

Just need to reinstate the Corn Laws and I think you have it covered! GHod we were bad second half!

Ah, the nostalgia of all those days spent subjugating the Irish. We 'ad a great Empire once. :p

People need to get this "Hugo is without imperfections" nonsense out of their heads

He has weaknesses and will let in the occasional howler - if he didn't, he would be playing somewhere else

He is an excellent goalkeeper, but he is not a GHod.

And, if we don't make the CL this season by hook or by crook, he will likely be GHone.

Just back from the first game i took my son; what a horrible conclusion!:(

Funnily enough,HE is eager for me to take him to see my (now OUR) beloved Spurs again ASAP!
Despite the result he absolutely LOVED it! I think it was the way we attacked (especially first half) that got him well and truly hooked - and no amount of late collapse on our part seems to have dampened his enthusiasm. If anything it's been strengthened. I know he's seen how mad i am about Spurs, but - Wow!

He's got the shirt, scarf, wallet and now the full-on Spurs bug!!
Onwards and upwards!
COYS

Funnily enough,HE is eager for me to take him to see my (now OUR) beloved Spurs again ASAP!
Despite the result he absolutely LOVED it! I think it was the way we attacked (especially first half) that got him well and truly hooked - and no amount of late collapse on our part seems to have dampened his enthusiasm. If anything it's been strengthened. I know he's seen how mad i am about Spurs, but - Wow!

Onwards and upwards!
COYS

You love it all, and live for it all, despite the soul-crushing disappointment and endless false dawns: that's what being a Spurs fan is all about. Glad to hear that your son's picked up on that so early. :)

A few things i felt during and afterwards:

I predicted when we would score as i could see us turning that screw - to the point when we did the guy beside me wanted to know the lotto number lol!

However, not getting that second goal started to worry us fans watching and it fed to the players imo. It was at that midway point in the match when we needed an experienced head in the middle calming our youngsters down. Oh for a Illaramendi or even Dembele today! The number of times Dier was tackled to start a counter-attack for them was ridiculous - he didn't seem to get a shout at all during those times and the panic slowly set in from those times.

Second half we seemed to lack that final ball - you could see the movement and ideas that Poch has trained into them. My son certainly seemed to appreciate that despite our loss lol.
Carrol started well, but faded. Eriksen's set-pices were mostly woeful (one of the few times led to our goal!) and he was relatively peripheral most of the time imo, Kane seemed leaden-footed second half (tired? carrying a knock from the first half?) and Lamela second seemed to hold onto the ball a second or two too long and not make the forward pass into the final third, though looking back i wonder if this was simply because he didn't have many options because Kane, Eriksen and Alli just weren't getting into the spaces they usually do.

Sadly i did also predict when Mitrovic would score and was VERY worried about Perez when he came on:(

Perhaps losing our unbeaten record could work well for us and give us the kick up the backside we might need.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

COYS

Onwards and upwards!
COYS

He is obviously made of the right stuff - glad to hear hes hooked and tell him there will be ups as well as downs......honest :) COYS

Terrible overexpectation and juju on this thread.
Let's just sacrifice the one poster and move on.

Badgers do not work against a team playing in black and white.

Having a week to recover and get our heads back in the game will be good for us. Get three points on Saturday and who knows? Maybe Utd will have slipped up again. You just don't know. This season really is a bizarre one. COYS.

He is obviously made of the right stuff - glad to hear hes hooked and tell him there will be ups as well as downs......honest :) COYS

Haha. I was almost apologising to HIM for seeing the late loss and it was HIM who said he still loved it and that he couldn't understand how Saudi Sportswashing Machine had won (he's got time to read up on tactics..)

Certainly it seems he's no fair weather fan (unlike the sons of some Gooners i know who are the same age as him lol)

A very good day, despite the result

You love it all, and live for it all, despite the soul-crushing disappointment and endless false dawns: that's what being a Spurs fan is all about. Glad to hear that your son's picked up on that so early. :)

Lol! I'd rather that he saw us win or draw in his first game watching us live, but i'm overjoyed that his support was almost strengthened by the loss and that he seems no fair weather fan (unlike some Gooner/Manure friends who have sons who switch very loosely depending on the last result lol).

All good (despite the result)

we didn't ever click today and we tired quickly after the half

one of those days

let's not disrespect Watford by the way, look who they have in nets, the only surprise to me is that they have conceded at all
just one of those days ..lol

It happens every season when we have a chance to get into the top four!

And the press saying this is a different Tottenham a tougher
Tottenham...not like the southern softies we once were! lol

Well ..nice try...but let's face it ..we have bottled it again and I'm sorry to say that ...I just don't understand this football club!
Anyway...
let's see how the southern softies can put it right.
How and why so many good players go missing when they were playing so well.
Where's the pep talk, the psychology...to make them believe in themselves and fight.

Rant over ..yet again and again..LOL

I never trusted that feckless Argentine know-nuffin'. Poch out. No wonder the Empire's gone, what with this permissive society and woolly society liberals turnin' our lads into skinny-legged shrinking violets. What happened to British grit? Bring back flogging and the gold standard, I says.....

Am I doing it right?

Well we certainly need a Graham Roberts out there thats for sure.
Hang on a minute....................
tickle my balls with a feather. That's why we lost!
Our only strong midfielder lasanger gated! :D

Onwards and upwards!
COYS

Something good to come of today then!!

Back