• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Saudi Sportswashing Machine OMT ***

This place is hilarious after a loss. Deserved or undeserved. fudgeing cry babies

yep, there will be about 100 conclusions now on why so and so can't play in such and such despite them doing so for most of the unbeaten run

they train the other guys too, and in this case by a pretty smart coach

What was with all the long balls forward. Far too light weight in mid field with Eriksen and Carroll. I have been saying for weeks that Eriksen has been a passenger, now maybe people will scrutinize his game more closely. Carroll was never good enough. He could not make a five yard pass today and in the second half that became contagious, as we just could not hold onto the ball.

Tbh, come on, who didnt see it coming once United lost last night. It's why when a select few people start talking about winning the title makes me smile. Yes we can dream, but thats exactly what it will always be.
A massive chance to go 4th, even higher come Boxing Day, but no, what happened is what happens most of the time, we mess it up. Only Spurs could lose 3 home games in consecutive seasons to Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

So frustrating at times. Possibly the unbeaten run was becoming a millstone round our neck instead of being a good thing. Lets see how they react next week.

Usually we can find a positive even after the poorest of performances, today I am struggling to find one

Very True re: Man U....Sod's law

Caroline is shocking, never ever rated him. As was posted above I don't think he has the build for the premier league. I always look for when a goal kick is taken and who is up for the headers, a number of our players do not even try or not strong enough for the midfield role.

ok, so our unbeaten run has finished. Instead of crying, let's focus on starting a new one!

For all those crying about how it was a loss st home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine...Arsenal lost at home to West Ham, as did Emirates Marketing Project. Man United lost against Bournemouth, as did Chelsea. There are no easy games in the league, except perhaps against Aston Villa.

Losing hurts but let's hope that this loss hurts the players too & fires them on to better performances. We fully deserved to lose today after a lackadaisical performance. The game was boring to watch and in the second half, only one team was going to win.

So on to Saints away, a tough game, let's hope we see more of the Spurs team that we thought that we had this season & less of today's sorry lot. Let's learn from today but not cry, for today has already gone. Coys

The much vaunted unbeaten run has deluded some people. We are 1 point ahead of Watford for fudges sake! The team needs to start winning matches. They have not played well for a while in truth. The Spammer game excepted.

ericdier: "You make your own luck. We weren't good enough in the second half. There are no excuses."

Good.

Good.

Sigh. I suppose in a way, it's better than if the team were blithely confident of their own abilities: self-questioning in the face of such abysmal displays is good, and doing it early is even better (as opposed to wondering why the downward spirals occur halfway through them).

We were sh*te against West Brom, and we were even worse today: truth be told, we've been on a bit of a curve since the West Ham game. If that's arrested against S'oton, we'll be back on track. If not....well, perhaps we'll never lose that 'southern softies' tag.

Caroline is shocking, never ever rated him. As was posted above I don't think he has the build for the premier league. I always look for when a goal kick is taken and who is up for the headers, a number of our players do not even try or not strong enough for the midfield role.

It doesn't matter if he never goes for a single header in midfield if he picks up the second ball.

Revolting performance, turned over by a bang average Saudi Sportswashing Machine side, Carroll proper pony player, championship player at best, shocking decision to start him

Let's put this in perspective a bit. We were all over then in the first half and should've been up by at least a couple. There was a bit of a drop off early in the second, but we were still going for that second goal to put it away, which was the right approach imo. It was inevitable that they would have a surge and they were more clinical than us. So I wouldn't call it a brick performance, but definitely should have closed it out. We need to work on winning these 1-0 games when we're up early and the other team is pushing for it.
Agreed.

We absolutely bossed the first half and should've been at least 2 up at the break but for Elliot' 2 finger tip saves from Lamela' plus a scuffed attempt from 6 yards by Rose and a couple of poor first touches early on by Alli when through on goal.

Not sure I agree, Kane, Eriksen, walker, rose, vertonghen did not play and Alli only played for about 1/2 hour on Thursday. It often happens when we drop players for a game bring them back and they don't perform its like we break our momentum.
I'm not talking about giving some players a rest for one single midweek home match. This isn't about the Monaco game... I'm talking about a more general philosophy. I still do not understand why Kane (and others) flew out to Azerbaijan for example.

Again - to reiterate - I'm a huge fan of Pochettino and I'm hugely impressed with what's happening at our club. Doesn't mean everything is 100% perfect and there are no areas where some improvements can't be made. And right now, I believe a little bit of rotation would do us good (and again; I'm not talking about wholesale changes every week - I'm talking about resting one or two key players for a couple of games - and doing that, with different players, from time to time).

The majority of our first team picks itself these days. But playing our first eleven for every game until they start to fade and our form drops...? There are better approaches (IMO).

Will all those ****s on here who were saying things before this game such as 'if you cant rest players against Saudi Sportswashing Machine then when can you' now admit they were wrong?

GB is one who was spouting cr@p like that

Will all those ****s on here who were saying things before this game such as 'if you cant rest players against Saudi Sportswashing Machine then when can you' now admit they were wrong?

That's because he has an agenda about not prioritising the league.

Apparently I'm one of those ****s. And frankly today demonstrated (to me) that we should be rotating a bit more. Resting a couple of players and bringing in fresh legs with something to prove? I think we might have won today if we'd done that. But it's all just opinions, right?

Agreed.

We absolutely bossed the first half and should've been at least 2 up at the break but for Elliot' 2 finger tip saves from Lamela' plus a scuffed attempt from 6 yards by Rose and a couple of poor first touches early on by Alli when through on goal.

You make your own damn luck. If we'd repeated that barrage in the second half, we'd be swimming. It's what teams aiming for the Champions League do, as opposed to fading away like one-trick ponies after the twenty minute mark.

I saw that happen with Harry's teams: twenty minutes where we looked like GHod's gift to football and then faded away until we were desperately making goal-line clearances by the 80th minute. But there, we had a LOT of individual talent to tide us over.

Here, we don't have any players as talented as Modric or Bale, and we don't have any players who combine creativity and technical skill the way VdV did (Eriksen matches him technically, Mason matches him creativity-wise: only Lamela seems to be able to do both at once). So, if we fade like that ,we'll struggle a lot more than Harry's teams did. This is a new phenomenon this season (compared to last season when we grew into games as the halves wore on), and it is a deeply worrying one.

The much vaunted unbeaten run has deluded some people. We are 1 point ahead of Watford for fudges sake! The team needs to start winning matches. They have not played well for a while in truth. The Spammer game excepted.

And level with Palace now.

That game at Vicarage Road at Christmas will be no easy ride

Back