• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City *** FA Cup OMT ***

It's poor losing a 1-0 lead at home. Plus what are the chances of beating Chel53a even if we do get to Wembley. Not great I would hazard.

There's a clue there somewhere.;)

Besides, it could well be a Sheffield Utd v L'Pool final (I think it will be Spurs v L'Pool myself)

That fa cup doesn't exist anymore, it used to be the biggest in the land, but now the PL has not only eclipsed it, it's stamped it into the dirt.

It might not be as big as it used to be, but it is still a big trophy, and if you to the Wembley and win it it's a day you'll remember as a fan for the rest of your life. Football is about moments, the enjoyment there and then. Winning a cup final is surely a fantastic occasion. It is not as if we are gonna win the league in the near future anyway. Finishing fourth this season is also unrealistic. You'd think from some people's reactions that we've been bagging so many trophies in recent seasons that the people polishing our silverware is suffering from chronic tendinitis. Are we spoilt with winning trophies? In more than 20 years as a Spurs-fan I have seen us lifting two cups. I don't see how people can be so indifferent about it.

Not sure to what extent that is true. But the more it is, the less impressed I am...if you know what I mean? If we really are that reliant on those 3 then its not really a good thing. Btw, Mason had an absolute shocker last Wed...

I think we are more reliant on players who can move the ball well rather than those 3 per se. Those are the type of players poch will look to bring into the team. Those that don't will be moved on. Can't see the likes of Capoue, Kaboul or awe having much of a future at Spurs anyway.

Than Utd or any one else??? Not for me.

Obviously I'd rather United than arsenal, but if someone at the fa said to me right now, Spurs out, city out, Chelsea out, Liverpool in with an easy game coming, you can play the tournament out and see what happens or we can give it to the goons right now, I'd give it the goons.

All I want from the fa cup now is Liverpool to not win it, other than that i don't care, I couldn't tell you who won it last year, obviously it wasn't Liverpool as its not been renamed the Steven Gerard F-eh cup yet.

We lost. This is the FA Cup. This is what can happen. This is Spurs. It's always in our locker.

What can we do? If it serves as a huge kick up our ass for midweek maybe it will make us feel better.

Its a shame, but got to keep moving onwards

I'll say it again, booing our players during games must be about the most counter productive thing a fan can do.

It might not be as big as it used to be, but it is still a big trophy, and if you to the Wembley and win it it's a day you'll remember as a fan for the rest of your life. Football is about moments, the enjoyment there and then. Winning a cup final is surely a fantastic occasion. It is not as if we are gonna win the league in the near future anyway. Finishing fourth this season is also unrealistic. You'd think from some people's reactions that we've been bagging so many trophies in recent seasons that the people polishing our silverware is suffering from chronic tendinitis. Are we spoilt with winning trophies? In more than 20 years as a Spurs-fan I have seen us lifting two cups. I don't see how people can be so indifferent about it.

Maybe I'm just too old and bitter, Wembley isn't wembley anymore either, I go there all the time these days, to watch NFL games.

A pathetic capitulation in the end. If we'd taken the game to them more in the first half, we could have been out of sight, but typically tried to play in 2nd gear and paid the inevitable price. Got exactly what we deserved, and with other big guns crashing out as well, we've thrown away a great chance to have progressed to the latter stages.

Yes it really hurts...

The Fa cup has been devalued by so many for so long now that most just see it as an inconvenience! This is sad because the FA cup used to be special but all the magic has been sucked out of it!

In terms of us yes I am gutted we are out....I dont understand fans wanting less games......I mean how does it affect us as fans? we can choose to go/ not to go to matches....

surely every match played is a chance for players to improve their understanding with their team-mates and improve their game....its an opportunity to blood new players/youngsters.

Today I am very worried and I hope for our sake Kane & Eriksen stay fit.....getting Nabil back is essential to.....so many of our squad just go through the motions it seems.

Most of the magic came from the fact that it was one of the few times you got to see football on tv. Now we're force fed PL and CL around the clock.

We have a semi final in another cup in 4 days and the EL (which in my eyes dwarfs any domestic cup) still to come.

Maybe I'm just too old and bitter, Wembley isn't wembley anymore either, I go there all the time these days, to watch NFL games.

I would think it is not about the place itself, but the joy of seeing your favourite team winning a trophy. Can't compare that with watching a bunch of Americans on steroids playing a silly American sport.

We lost. This is the FA Cup. This is what can happen. This is Spurs. It's always in our locker.

What can we do? If it serves as a huge kick up our ass for midweek maybe it will make us feel better.

Its a shame, but got to keep moving onwards

This is the only positive I can really take from the match. It might just give us a little extra motivation for next week.

Sigh. Very sexy. Not too concerned: I love this competition, but we have two cup competitions that I also want us to try to win, and correspondingly this one might have been a step too far.....however, the fact that we were up and then lost in the way that we did ****es me off to no end. Ah, well.

I'm not glad we went out, but it is hardly like our season has us with no chance of lifting any silverware. Given the choice between being in the fifth round of FA cup or a one nil lead in the League cup semi final second leg, I know which I'd choose.

And I know today wasn't a choice between the two, but if you put it into perspective we are hardly floundering. We have no divine right to win the FA cup just because we have in the past. We are in a semi final in once cup, in the knockout stages of a European competition and within reach of qualifying for the Champions League due to our league position. I'd rather be in that position than be in Leicester's.

it'll also backup the point (I desperatley hope MP is making to Levy) that we need players of a higher quality, so signing some in the transfer window would be a good idea

I'm not glad we went out, but it is hardly like our season has us with no chance of lifting any silverware. Given the choice between being in the fifth round of FA cup or a one nil lead in the League cup semi final second leg, I know which I'd choose.

And I know today wasn't a choice between the two, but if you put it into perspective we are hardly floundering. We have no divine right to win the FA cup just because we have in the past. We are in a semi final in once cup, in the knockout stages of a European competition and within reach of qualifying for the Champions League due to our league position. I'd rather be in that position than be in Leicester's.

Wasnt much to ask to hold out for 10mins when the game seemed dead. We capitulated which is always a concern.

Been out and just got home and caught the result. Am I angry and upset we have gone out, at home, to the side sitting rock bottom of the division ? Yes. Am I suprised in the slightest ? No, not one little bit.

Without trawling through all the pages of the thread, I already know whats been written. Its as predictable as night following day so whats the point. Its as predicable as the standard copy and paste posts which happen after every crap result. I hope the "everything is fine" optimists are still able to say it after the Sheff Utd game.

Back