• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City *** FA Cup OMT ***

We played a weakend side but surely had enough quality out there to win? Or at least score a goal from open play? Our starting eleven wasn't better than their's? Soldado and Lamela alone cost...oh thats right the money doesn't matter.
I went and soldado and lamela were fantastic during that match, both of them were creating all match and managed to make paulinho to briefly look like a star.

Adebayour, Townsend, capoue, kaboul, chiriches and dembele let the team down.

Paulinho had one of the best half's from him but, that isn't saying much considering he routinely ruined lamela's chances to score.

Vorm did well to make a few saves and considering the chances created, we should have won that comfortably.

Exactly the same turgid lack lustre performance that AVB used to get crucified for, but then I suppose we did Have Adebayor, Kaboul and Capoue on the pitch with a rusty Lamela and an out of sorts Paulinho, so why is it I am still disappointed.

I didn't see the match but it didn't sound like a 'turgid' affair going by the commentary. Sounds like we had chances and didn't take them. They did, eventually.

Exactly the same turgid lack lustre performance that AVB used to get crucified for, but then I suppose we did Have Adebayor, Kaboul and Capoue on the pitch with a rusty Lamela and an out of sorts Paulinho, so why is it I am still disappointed.
Dupe post.

We should have kept the back 4, they need to gel and they played well.

I can't help think today's team was a result of not doing the job on wed, we have to send our first team up to Sheffield this week, so we needed to rest players today.

I went and soldado and lamela were fantastic during that match, both of them were creating all match and managed to make paulinho to briefly look like a star.

Paulinho had one of the best half's from him but, that isn't saying much considering he routinely ruined lamela's chances to score.

Vorm did well to make a few saves and considering the chances created, we should have won that comfortably.

Thanks, eye witness accounts are important when there are no rivers and MOTD cut their highlights dependant on the narrative.

I'm absolutely gutted. Our home form is going to kill me this year. I suppose it is too much to hope the **** getted knocked out, otherwise I will be getting it big style from the goons at work monday. Will kill me even more if they go on to win it again.
Bloody hell being a Spurs fan is torture sometimes

I understand that football and Spurs is more important to me than it is to most other people, and therefore I react more strongly, but I simply can't understand how people can be happy or indifferent about us going out of the FA Cup, especially in this way and with Chelsea and City going out too. This is the tournament in which Tottenham, more than anywhere else, has built its reputation. We used to be the kings of the FA Cup. Now we haven't won it in 24 years. We would have had a decent chance with the favourites going out, we had a winnable game ourselves, and we gave it away in the last 10 minutes. How can you not be upset? Your Spurs-fans, for ****'s sake. Doesn't it hurt, doesn't it make you angry and sad? I just don't understand your mentality.

Yes it really hurts...

The Fa cup has been devalued by so many for so long now that most just see it as an inconvenience! This is sad because the FA cup used to be special but all the magic has been sucked out of it!

In terms of us yes I am gutted we are out....I dont understand fans wanting less games......I mean how does it affect us as fans? we can choose to go/ not to go to matches....

surely every match played is a chance for players to improve their understanding with their team-mates and improve their game....its an opportunity to blood new players/youngsters.

Today I am very worried and I hope for our sake Kane & Eriksen stay fit.....getting Nabil back is essential to.....so many of our squad just go through the motions it seems.

I understand that football and Spurs is more important to me than it is to most other people, and therefore I react more strongly, but I simply can't understand how people can be happy or indifferent about us going out of the FA Cup, especially in this way and with Chel53a and City going out too. This is the tournament in which Tottenham, more than anywhere else, has built its reputation. We used to be the kings of the FA Cup. Now we haven't won it in 24 years. We would have had a decent chance with the favourites going out, we had a winnable game ourselves, and we gave it away in the last 10 minutes. How can you not be upset? Your Spurs-fans, for ****'s sake. Doesn't it hurt, doesn't it make you angry and sad? I just don't understand your mentality.

fking double post again

Yes...and thus they will likely be viewed by their respective fans and management and players as bad reults/performances.

Oh yeah not trying to excuse our performance. But I do think it is interesting that this line up was what we went with at the start of the season when we were so poor. So it shows how critical bentaleb, mason and Kane have become to the way we played. Also shows us some of the players we need to shift.

Oh yeah not trying to excuse our performance. But I do think it is interesting that this line up was what we went with at the start of the season when we were so poor. So it shows how critical bentaleb, mason and Kane have become to the way we played. Also shows us some of the players we need to shift.

Yep

Maybe it's because it were lowly Leicester and not a heavyweight, and that they scored both their goals in the last 10 minutes>

Also we are Spurs fans and that means we want to win trophies and watch our players cover themselves in glory. Well I think that's what being a Spurs fan is all about ?

Its our performances, even games we win our performances are lacklustre and safety first, 1-0 up at home in a cup game and we still lack passion and drive, just sit back and feck about inviting teams on to us.

Thank you

It shows how critical bentaleb, mason and Kane have become to the way we played. Also shows us some of the players we need to shift.

Not sure to what extent that is true. But the more it is, the less impressed I am...if you know what I mean? If we really are that reliant on those 3 then its not really a good thing. We should be getting more out of the others. I think we are seeing some chinks in the armour, if you will. Btw, Mason had an absolute shocker last Wed...

Last edited:
Back