• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Great post!

I too was there for nos 3-7, only difference being I didn't help with the snow clearance for the humiliating FA cup 3rd round 0-3 defeat vs Burnley. Also vividly recall my amazement and thrill at Greavesey's extraordinary acrobatic volley from the left-edge of the box for the first of his debut hat-trick for us against Blackpool.

You're an old fart and that Burnley game was a big upset, the only good thing I remember about that match was Smithy put one on Talbot.

The delay in the meeting will be to sort out any potential banana skins and make sure when it comes to committee all the ducks are in a row and it can be passed.

I am interested as to what will be done with the traffic management when we have another 25000 yids. They won't all come by train that's for sure. I can't see any reason why the High Road/Angel can't use all four lanes in before the game and all four lanes out after the game. The lights at Angel could be controlled to clear the area before and after the game and life would be much easier. Many people who come to the Lane do not have easy access to public transport and allowance has to be made for drivers.

Although it was tongue-in-cheek, if it were true it would not surprise me in the slightest
I hope we (er...someone) are lodging objections to that monstrouserty they plan to build. It is one hideous looking stadium (which strangely suits their club :confused:) but we can't let the habitat of the extremely rare Chelsea slug whose breeding ground is beside the stadium get destroyed in the process.
Plenty of scope for jokes based on that last sentence ;)

I hope we (er...someone) are lodging objections to that monstrouserty they plan to build. It is one hideous looking stadium (which strangely suits their club :confused:) but we can't let the habitat of the extremely rare Chel53a slug whose breeding ground is beside the stadium get destroyed in the process.
Plenty of scope for jokes based on that last sentence ;)

You mean a Chelsea fan pre-1995?

What are Spurs going to do with the transport and Network Rail etc as 5/6 last home games have had either White Hart Lane or Northumberland Park stations closed due to engineering works and it's meant the crowding has been horrendous, what the fudge will it be like with another 25k people at the match
The continual closures of Northumberland Park might have something to do with the upgrades Network Rail are doing to that line, dunno what TFL are up to on the Overground side though.

Meridian Water Station and Rail Improvements - Meridian Water Station (Angel Road) - Enfield Council
As a first class business location, Enfield has ambitious proposals to further strengthen its position as an employment area of strategic importance within London.

By introducing a stretch of third track, services to all stations along the route will be improved, in particular Angel Road Station, which is key to unlocking the £1.5 billion proposed development at Meridian Water.

This will also provide a fast, reliable service to Stansted and other destinations outside London and will also meet the needs of local residents and businesses through enhanced station access arrangements, alongside service improvements to provide 4 stopping trains per hour.

A new 3rd Track between Stratford and Angel Road has been approved after £74 million of investment by Network Rail and the Greater London Authority with completion due in 2018.

In order to ensure a regular and reliable service to meet the growing needs of businesses and residents, additional track needs to be provided all the way to Brimsdown and beyond. As well as unlocking development in Enfield, this proposal will also provide beneficial improvements for partners across a large part of North and East London as well further afield including Stansted.

The funding is now in place to deliver a new Meridian Water station in 2018, Angel Road station will be renamed Meridian Water Station

In the longer term, it is looking increasingly likely that Crossrail 2 could extend up to the Lee Valley by 2030, transforming the areas connectivity by providing quick and easy access to central London, the rest of the UK and international destinations.

The delay in the meeting will be to sort out any potential banana skins and make sure when it comes to committee all the ducks are in a row and it can be passed.

I am interested as to what will be done with the traffic management when we have another 25000 yids. They won't all come by train that's for sure. I can't see any reason why the High Road/Angel can't use all four lanes in before the game and all four lanes out after the game. The lights at Angel could be controlled to clear the area before and after the game and life would be much easier. Many people who come to the Lane do not have easy access to public transport and allowance has to be made for drivers.
I've suggested this before. The area could barely be less car friendly, it's a ridiculous situation for a Premier League club with corporate aspirations.

@DubaiSpur I do not really understand how you spend most transfer windows complaining about our lack of spending and then are against bringing forward something that will help us spend more :confused:

@DubaiSpur I do not really understand how you spend most transfer windows complaining about our lack of spending and then are against bringing forward something that will help us spend more :confused:

Sentimentality, mate. Doesn't necessarily have to be rational here: I just don't want to see the ground I've grown up knowing and identifying as 'home' for our club go down at short notice, is all. Plus, a bit of selfishness, I suppose: I haven't ruled out a wild fling at trying to scrape together the money and time to take the transatlantic trip and go one final time before it gets turned into rubble. Given my circumstances, however, I can't justify doing that any time soon. :p

Sentimentality, mate. Doesn't necessarily have to be rational here: I just don't want to see the ground I've grown up knowing and identifying as 'home' for our club go down at short notice, is all. Plus, a bit of selfishness, I suppose: I haven't ruled out a wild fling at trying to scrape together the money and time to take the transatlantic trip and go one final time before it gets turned into rubble. Given my circumstances, however, I can't justify doing that any time soon. :p

I understand the sentimental attachment to the ground, it will be odd walking up the High Road for the first time and not seeing WHL there, but that is no way to run a business. If we made an announcement in the New Year, that should give most fans a chance to make it to the ground at least one more time before it is bulldozed.

Tottenham's new stadium plans SLAMMED as "an act of pure vandalism"

Plans for the stadium will be considered by the council later this month but not everybody in the area is pleased

Plans for Tottenham's new £500million, 61,000-seater stadium have been slammed by local businesses.

The latest plans, which were submitted to the council by the north London club in July, will be considered on December 16.

However, Patricia Pearcy, the vice-chair of the Tottenham Business Group, objects to the plans as they involve demolishing a number of Victorian and Edwardian buildings to allow for the construction of wider pavements.

She said: "We object to the new proposed development because [it is] overbearing, out of scale and out of character with a redbrick Heritage High Road.

"The shiny glass and concrete stadium facility is now 10 storeys high and further forward than previously proposed.

"The proposal to restore and place a Grade 2 building in a modern terrace on the southern approach is an act of pure vandalism."

If the plans are approved, the stadium will be the biggest club arena in London, holding more than Arsenal's 60,432-seater Emirates Stadium.

Spurs' new ground will contain a number of facilities constructed specifically for use by NFL teams after the club signed a 10-year deal to host at least two American football matches per year.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenhams-new-stadium-plans-slammed-6963220

I think it's all the tossers whose businesses aren't up to the standard required to be on our concourse and will therefore lose out on matchday footfall.

They've had a free ride off the club for decades, I can't see what makes them think they should get one in perpetuity.
Yeah it sounded weird a business group getting worked up over some old buildings - more like they are being left out of the bigger picture.

I find these comments laughable without Tottenham Hotspur what would make anyone want to go to Tottenham? to view the heritage shopfronts like up in Beamish? See the olde worlde nail bars, see dingdongensian characters at the many betting shops, browse in the Edwardian Turkish markets?

When I first went to Tottenham there was a massive Departments Store (Wade's?) at Seven Sisters with a cinema on the corner, The Royal Ballroom next to a big Cinema opposite the cop shop, Marks & Spencers and lots of family retail shops selling everything you could need.

Tottenham High Road is on it's a*** it's been going down hill since the 70's. All High Streets have been fighting a losing battle against chain stores and shopping centres. Broadwater Farm was the nail in the coffin. The only positive thats come out of the retail war is that it has created an opportunity for new people to open a business.

I find these comments laughable without Tottenham Hotspur what would make anyone want to go to Tottenham? to view the heritage shopfronts like up in Beamish? See the olde worlde nail bars, see dingdongensian characters at the many betting shops, browse in the Edwardian Turkish markets?

When I first went to Tottenham there was a massive Departments Store (Wade's?) at Seven Sisters with a cinema on the corner, The Royal Ballroom next to a big Cinema opposite the cop shop, Marks & Spencers and lots of family retail shops selling everything you could need.

Tottenham High Road is on it's a*** it's been going down hill since the 70's. All High Streets have been fighting a losing battle against chain stores and shopping centres. Broadwater Farm was the nail in the coffin. The only positive thats come out of the retail war is that it has created an opportunity for new people to open a business.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/dec/04/lets-move-to-tottenham-north-london

It's kind of funny that the same people who have been in those brick holes for decades, without doing anything, except keeping the buildings look like brick holes, are now the great spokesmen of preservation.

Back