• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Looking at what @Jordinho has posted, it looks like the recommendation is to pass all items. I've had a few dealings with planning and listed buildings on a personal level and I've never seen a vote against recommendations.

Does that mean that the nerdy tacos will have to go over the heads of those making this decision if they want to continue getting in our way? If so, can't Levy just set fire to them? (The people or the buildings, don't mind which).

Looking at what @Jordinho has posted, it looks like the recommendation is to pass all items. I've had a few dealings with planning and listed buildings on a personal level and I've never seen a vote against recommendations.

Does that mean that the nerdy tacos will have to go over the heads of those making this decision if they want to continue getting in our way? If so, can't Levy just set fire to them? (The people or the buildings, don't mind which).

Money nearly always wins in these cases. University towns are some of the common ones - as they are often the only businesses with money to invest in infrastructure (like Spurs in Tottenham) planning committees bend over backwards for them.

In Sheffield recently the council let one of the universities demolish a listed Edwardian Hospital (http://photos.wikimapia.org/p/00/03/17/88/45_full.jpg) to build some cheap and nasty pre-fab monstrouserty (http://www.bdonline.co.uk/Pictures/web/h/t/w/9192_005_05-Jessop-West-Courtyardl_636.jpg), despite mass public protests (most of the population had been born in the building)

we got away with the last one, we'll need a different tactic next time

It seems likely that Haringey will approve the plans but the recommendation to the the committee is to "grant permission, taking account of [various items] ... and subject to referral to the Mayor for London". So, even a positive outcome this evening isn't the final result, and the consultation response from City Hall said that "the Mayor expressed the view that the loss of [the 3 locally listed buildings] is not justified, and furthermore, that these buildings should be retained in the scheme".

It seems likely that Haringey will approve the plans but the recommendation to the the committee is to "grant permission, taking account of [various items] ... and subject to referral to the Mayor for London". So, even a positive outcome this evening isn't the final result, and the consultation response from City Hall said that "the Mayor expressed the view that the loss of [the 3 locally listed buildings] is not justified, and furthermore, that these buildings should be retained in the scheme".

The mayor's office have already said they support the demolition proposals though, so I don't know how that stacks up? His own expert department vs his personal whim.

Ah! Who needs adrenaline filled football games, derbies, pain and glory, when you can watch council planning meetings!

They are in the throws of declaring their interests at present. Sweaty palms. Oh two Gooner's on the committee....doomed.

Last edited:
"Late submission from Spurs which the councillors have not yet had time to consider. The meeting is adjourned for 30 minutes while they read/consider whatever this happens to be."

Levy's ace hand?

"Do you mind if we use this deck I just bought?"

ultimarkeddeck_red-alt1_1.jpg

Back