• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

So... Does this mean that we're good to go and can start building when we're ready?

Yeah - I think so. Everything we've proposed seems to have been granted.

The key finding is that demolishing the 3 locally listed buildings does do "substantial harm to the conservation area", but that "the Council has undertaken an assessment of all elements of the application and concludes that the substantial public benefits achieved outweigh the harm to, or loss of the heritage assets"

I know what you mean, but it's more about my memories of events which mean more to me than just victories

1 Going to my first match with my Dad
2 The night we beat Sheff. Wed to clinch the league
3 Running onto the pitch, slipping over to be covered in mud while celebrating the league win
4 First european night against Gornik
5 Heart break getting beaten by Benfica
6 Seeing Greaves score hattrick against Blackpool on debut
7 Help clearing the pitch of snow in the winter of '63
8 Beating Burnley 4-3 in a cup tie, one of the best games I've ever seen
9 Losing my Dad and Uncle at the United ECWC game that was abandoned due to fog
10 Winning the Golden Gold competition £75 in the 70's
11 Beating Leeds 4-2 in last game of the season to stay up
12 Winning UEFA Cup against Wolves
13 Supporting the team than got relegated against Leicester
14 Seeing Hoddle dismantle Ajax in UEFA Cup
15 Winning UEFA Cup against Aderlecht
16 Taking my son to his first match
17 Seeing Fashanu assault Mabbsy and it ignored by ref and FA
18 Taking my first grandson
18 Destroying Inter Milan in CL
19 Trashing Chelski 5-3
20 Taking my second grandson

A few victories but much more, winning the Golden Goal money was life changing for my mate as we went to Hammersmith Palais and he met his future wife and started an other family doomed to support Spurs.

Great post!

I too was there for nos 3-7, only difference being I didn't help with the snow clearance for the humiliating FA cup 3rd round 0-3 defeat vs Burnley. Also vividly recall my amazement and thrill at Greavesey's extraordinary acrobatic volley from the left-edge of the box for the first of his debut hat-trick for us against Blackpool.

No, I don't think so. These look like the recommendations before it goes to committee, but they could still say no.

It's 143 pages. I can't imagine anyone on the full committee will actually read it now. They'll surely just go with their own sub-committee's recommendations?

I've just looked through most of it.

A few key things
- There's no issues re the increased capacity. They are just going to try to get more people using Tottenham Hale, rather than Seven Sisters
- The revised design is seen as significantly preferable to the old one
- Heritage England's challenge on the 3 locally listed building is the only issue.
- Haringey's Heritage Officer and the Major oppose their demolition, but Haringey Council and the Major's Office says the safety risks of keeping them are genuine, and that the overall value of the scheme merits their demolition.

No, I don't think so. These look like the recommendations before it goes to committee, but they could still say no.
I wish I shared your optimism... recommendations can be over-ruled at the committee on the night... even if the bastards haven't read the full 141 pages.

I know what you mean, but it's more about my memories of events which mean more to me than just victories

1 Going to my first match with my Dad
2 The night we beat Sheff. Wed to clinch the league
3 Running onto the pitch, slipping over to be covered in mud while celebrating the league win
4 First european night against Gornik
5 Heart break getting beaten by Benfica
6 Seeing Greaves score hattrick against Blackpool on debut
7 Help clearing the pitch of snow in the winter of '63
8 Beating Burnley 4-3 in a cup tie, one of the best games I've ever seen
9 Losing my Dad and Uncle at the United ECWC game that was abandoned due to fog
10 Winning the Golden Gold competition £75 in the 70's
11 Beating Leeds 4-2 in last game of the season to stay up
12 Winning UEFA Cup against Wolves
13 Supporting the team than got relegated against Leicester
14 Seeing Hoddle dismantle Ajax in UEFA Cup
15 Winning UEFA Cup against Aderlecht
16 Taking my son to his first match
17 Seeing Fashanu assault Mabbsy and it ignored by ref and FA
18 Taking my first grandson
18 Destroying Inter Milan in CL
19 Trashing Chelski 5-3
20 Taking my second grandson

A few victories but much more, winning the Golden Goal money was life changing for my mate as we went to Hammersmith Palais and he met his future wife and started an other family doomed to support Spurs.

Great post KD, I also have most of those memories apart from num 10 ( I have never won anything like that ) and unforuately my first grandson's Dad is a Norwich supporter so no chance there either. I remember standing out side the ground before the Forest cup game in the tinkling rain because of a bomb scare, I still have part of the old North stand where i spent most of my youth standing, as you say so many memories. But I can not wait for our new ground and if it comes tomorrow it will not be quick enough for me as I really believe its going to be the best think that can happen for us.

I've just looked through most of it.

A few key things
- There's no issues re the increased capacity. They are just going to try to get more people using Tottenham Hale, rather than Seven Sisters
- The revised design is seen as significantly preferable to the old one
- Heritage England's challenge on the 3 locally listed building is the only issue.
- Haringey's Heritage Officer and the Major oppose their demolition, but Haringey Council and the Major's Office says the safety risks of keeping them are genuine, and that the overall value of the scheme merits their demolition.

I haven't read the current document, but I did read the comments from the London Assembly a while back. There was nothing against the increased capacity or the higher southern development, just a few comments that these were issues for Haringey to decide. The only criticism was the Heritage building and they made a recommendation: to take the facade of the Dispensary and incorporate that in some way in the Tottenham Experience with Warmington House and to move Bill Nicholson's office to the Club Museum (which I think is planned anyway).

It really does seem that the only stumbling block is the Heritage buildings. All the nationally listed and more important ones are to be preserved (except one that has already gone, iirc) and its only the three local ones at issue. This is for Haringey to decide and it seems that a compromise has been proposed. Elements of two of the three buildings would be preserved: the facade of the Edmonton Dispensary, Bill's office from the Red House, as well as the badger and clock which used to be outside the Red House..

Bill and Danny at work:

bill_dan730a.jpg

Last edited:
What are Spurs going to do with the transport and Network Rail etc as 5/6 last home games have had either White Hart Lane or Northumberland Park stations closed due to engineering works and it's meant the crowding has been horrendous, what the fudge will it be like with another 25k people at the match

What are Spurs going to do with the transport and Network Rail etc as 5/6 last home games have had either White Hart Lane or Northumberland Park stations closed due to engineering works and it's meant the crowding has been horrendous, what the fudge will it be like with another 25k people at the match
Roller blades, obviously. Can't you imagine 25,000 dudes roller blading down the high road?

Back