• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Nah, the work we are going to do for the new build is no more drastic than the last time it was rebuilt, its just another iteration, it'll still be the same ground.

It won't be called the same thing, for one. We will, but officially, it won't. :p Plus, it doesn't mean we shouldn't say goodbye to the Lane in a manner that befits the time we've used it in its present configuration.

Sure we can. If it saves us money on the build or it's necessary to be finished on time. Two and a half years is a short time.

If we stay one more year I expect the bulldozers to come in on the Monday, the day after the season ends. This summer we might get a final send off. Maybe Dawson's testimonial.

Sure, let the bulldozers come in after the season ends: that final game and the ceremonies surrounding it will make it worthwhile, I suspect. This way...eh. It doesn't stick right with me.

@DubaiSpur would you change your mind if it meant using Wembley next year instead of MK the year after? Obviously it doesn't really affect you living where you do but anyway...

That just came to me as a a possible reason for me to change my mind - would certainly make me think twice

It won't be called the same thing, for one. We will, but officially, it won't. :p Plus, it doesn't mean we shouldn't say goodbye to the Lane in a manner that befits the time we've used it in its present configuration.

well the corner where the north and west meet was refactored what 2/3 seasons ago, and they put in some fancy new yellow railing and removed a row of seats

:D

@DubaiSpur would you change your mind if it meant using Wembley next year instead of MK the year after? Obviously it doesn't really affect you living where you do but anyway...

That just came to me as a a possible reason for me to change my mind - would certainly make me think twice

True, it doesn't really affect me: I feel like I have less of a stake in this particular discussion because the fans who go regularly are the ones who should decide whether the prospect of trips to Wembley over MK Dons compensates for losing the Lane a year early.

I'll happily accept whatever decision they make it comes down to that factor: personally, my stake revolves around the emotional connection I have to the Lane (one all Spurs fans share, I guess) and the desire to see it sent off in a manner befitting its long and memorable history with us. I just feel that would be better served by building up to the moment for a year or more (as the original plan probably intended) and then getting it over with on a final matchday filled with emotion and reverence. The prospect Jord raised (of a long, drawn out summer filled with testimonials and meaningless friendlies) just doesn't sound as appealing to me.

True, it doesn't really affect me: I feel like I have less of a stake in this particular discussion because the fans who go regularly are the ones who should decide whether the prospect of trips to Wembley over MK Dons compensates for losing the Lane a year early.

I'll happily accept whatever decision they make it comes down to that factor: personally, my stake revolves around the emotional connection I have to the Lane (one all Spurs fans share, I guess) and the desire to see it sent off in a manner befitting its long and memorable history with us. I just feel that would be better served by building up to the moment for a year or more (as the original plan probably intended) and then getting it over with on a final matchday filled with emotion and reverence. The prospect Jord raised (of a long, drawn out summer filled with testimonials and meaningless friendlies) just doesn't sound as appealing to me.

I think if it was just a case of getting the stadium a year earlier it wouldn't appeal but if it was the difference between using Wembley instead of MK (which i think could be the reasoning should this happen, the more i think of it) then im edging towards making that sacrifice

What kind of a goodbye do you think is needed!? I'd happily move at the end of this season if it meant the new stadium is built sooner. Would put an extra edge to our remaining games this season

Anyone else think it's weird that the aerial photos haven't been updated on the OS since early October?

Would be my thoughts as well.

What kind of a goodbye do you think is needed!? I'd happily move at the end of this season if it meant the new stadium is built sooner. Would put an extra edge to our remaining games this season

Anyone else think it's weird that the aerial photos haven't been updated on the OS since early October?
I'd move tomorrow if it benefits the club. No room for sentimentality if it gets in our way.

To add to this mystery, there are no scheduled events at Wembley after April 2016. Make whatever you will of that. Certainly adds fuel to this story.

According to Mail Chelsea submit their planning application today. Let's compare and contrast in the coming weeks...

To add to this mystery, there are no scheduled events at Wembley after April 2016. Make whatever you will of that. Certainly adds fuel to this story.

Because we'll only be allowed to use the bottom tier, any games there won't count as proper Wembley events (for the purpose of their by-law restrictions).

I keep meaning to do a stadium tour, but to be fair the scene of most of our biggest triumphs was the old Wembley.
I know what you mean, but it's more about my memories of events which mean more to me than just victories

1 Going to my first match with my Dad
2 The night we beat Sheff. Wed to clinch the league
3 Running onto the pitch, slipping over to be covered in mud while celebrating the league win
4 First european night against Gornik
5 Heart break getting beaten by Benfica
6 Seeing Greaves score hattrick against Blackpool on debut
7 Help clearing the pitch of snow in the winter of '63
8 Beating Burnley 4-3 in a cup tie, one of the best games I've ever seen
9 Losing my Dad and Uncle at the United ECWC game that was abandoned due to fog
10 Winning the Golden Gold competition £75 in the 70's
11 Beating Leeds 4-2 in last game of the season to stay up
12 Winning UEFA Cup against Wolves
13 Supporting the team than got relegated against Leicester
14 Seeing Hoddle dismantle Ajax in UEFA Cup
15 Winning UEFA Cup against Aderlecht
16 Taking my son to his first match
17 Seeing Fashanu assault Mabbsy and it ignored by ref and FA
18 Taking my first grandson
18 Destroying Inter Milan in CL
19 Trashing Chelski 5-3
20 Taking my second grandson

A few victories but much more, winning the Golden Goal money was life changing for my mate as we went to Hammersmith Palais and he met his future wife and started an other family doomed to support Spurs.

The draft planning verdict (ahead of next week) is GRANTED

http://www.minutes.haringey.gov.uk/...7550/$DRAFTCommitteeReportTHFC201513.docx.pdf

Planning Application HGY/2015/3000 (Northumberland Development Project)
That the Committee resolve to GRANT the application, taking account of the information set out in the Environmental Impact assessment, and that the Head of Development Management is delegated authority to issue the planning permission subject to the conditions and informatives set out in Appendix ## of this report, subject to the prior completion of a Section 106 Legal Agreement to secure the obligations set out in section ##, of this report and subject to referral to the Mayor for London.

The draft planning verdict (ahead of next week) is GRANTED

http://www.minutes.haringey.gov.uk/...7550/$DRAFTCommitteeReportTHFC201513.docx.pdf

Planning Application HGY/2015/3000 (Northumberland Development Project)
That the Committee resolve to GRANT the application, taking account of the information set out in the Environmental Impact assessment, and that the Head of Development Management is delegated authority to issue the planning permission subject to the conditions and informatives set out in Appendix ## of this report, subject to the prior completion of a Section 106 Legal Agreement to secure the obligations set out in section ##, of this report and subject to referral to the Mayor for London.
So... Does this mean that we're good to go and can start building when we're ready?

Back