• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - Archway On Fire

There's nothing racist about it other than when it comes from a West Ham or Chelsea etc supporting anti Semite.

And if you knew your history (it's enough to....), you would be aware that, contrary to your claim, there very much has been a particular Jewish connection with Spurs. Not just because of the large Jewish population in north London but also because of the Jewish population that used to live in east London and who, because of rail connections, found White Hart Lane to be the easiest football stadium to get to.

Of course, Jewish fans have only ever represented a minority of Spurs' overall fan base. It was the actions of anti Semites from other clubs that gave us our Jewish identity. They chose us as the Jewish club when they started chanting "yiddos" at us. We drew their sting and embraced the word. We took their weapon away from them and made it our own. No matter what race or religion we are, we are all "yiddos". This single act defines us and unites us like no other. It's not really about jewishness at all. It's about belonging. It's about solidarity. It's about a big **** off to racists and bigots of all kinds, everywhere.

It's one of the things that I most love about our club.

So don't knock it.
Well said.

There's nothing racist about it other than when it comes from a West Ham or Chelsea etc supporting anti Semite.

And if you knew your history (it's enough to....), you would be aware that, contrary to your claim, there very much has been a particular Jewish connection with Spurs. Not just because of the large Jewish population in north London but also because of the Jewish population that used to live in east London and who, because of rail connections, found White Hart Lane to be the easiest football stadium to get to.

Of course, Jewish fans have only ever represented a minority of Spurs' overall fan base. It was the actions of anti Semites from other clubs that gave us our Jewish identity. They chose us as the Jewish club when they started chanting "yiddos" at us. We drew their sting and embraced the word. We took their weapon away from them and made it our own. No matter what race or religion we are, we are all "yiddos". This single act defines us and unites us like no other. It's not really about jewishness at all. It's about belonging. It's about solidarity. It's about a big **** off to racists and bigots of all kinds, everywhere.

It's one of the things that I most love about our club.

So don't knock it.

=D>YOU SIR, are a proper Yiddo!! COYS!

It was astonishing to see the Archway Burning story break. One thing for people to (inevitably) joke about burning them down, quite another to see the place ablaze. Are there three possible explanations?

1. An interested party started the fire. A Spurs 'supporter', not necessarily a fan. A fan, a contractor, a paid up arsonist. Obviously a fan is most likely. But I don't think this is the case...just a hunch. For all we know it was Japanessgarden super spark.

2. With a ready made explanation and evidence of fans vitriol, the owner could have started the blaze. Maybe that was their one way to cash out and move on in the end? It seem unlikely too. Who would want to see their business go up in flames? If things weren't going well however, some probably would.

3. There was an electrical fault and GHod is a Spurs fan.

It was interesting to read NWs insurance perspective. What comes next? Will the appeal go ahead in Jan? Will Archway make a move anyway now, as its cheaper than re-building on a site that will likely be forcedly purchased?

Our thoughts are with the local business and employees. Let's hope there is a happy ending for all concerned.

Last edited:

If the CPO only covers the value of the land, the insurance money will pay for buildings and equipment.

If the CPO only covers the value of the land, the insurance money will pay for buildings and equipment.
Thinking as a cynic.....

If the CPO covers the value of the land but also includes a free building as a sweetener (I believe it does). Then a burnt down building attracts the same CPO value plus the rebuild costs in cash from the insurers.

Don't Archway stand to make a lot from the CPO plus and burnt down building?

It was astonishing to see the Archway Burning story break. One thing for people to (inevitably) joke about burning them down, quite another to see the place ablaze. Are there three possible explanations?

1. An interested party started the fire. A Spurs 'supporter', not necessarily a fan. A fan, a contractor, a paid up arsonist. Obviously a fan is most likely. But I don't think this is the case...just a hunch. For all we know it was Japanessgarden super spark.

2. With a ready made explanation and evidence of fans vitriol, the owner could have started the blaze. Maybe that was their one way to cash out and move on in the end? It seem unlikely too. Who would want to see their business go up in flames? If things weren't going well however, some probably would.

3. There was an electrical fault and GHod is a Spurs fan.

It was interesting to read NWs insurance perspective. What comes next? Will the appeal go ahead in Jan? Will Archway make a move anyway now, as its cheaper than re-building on a site that will likely be forcedly purchased?

Our thoughts are with the local business and employees. Let's hope there is a happy ending for all concerned.

Ha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_White_(footballer,_born_1937)

Ha.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-the-european-heartache-of-tottenham-hotspur

Ha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_Tottenham_Hotspur_F.C._season

Jokes aside, I'm quite concerned about this. Worried, even.

poch brought jesus along when he joined us. jesus now watches over every game we play.

Thinking as a cynic.....

If the CPO covers the value of the land but also includes a free building as a sweetener (I believe it does). Then a burnt down building attracts the same CPO value plus the rebuild costs in cash from the insurers.

Don't Archway stand to make a lot from the CPO plus and burnt down building?

This, right now my order of suspicion would be

- Owner trying to double cash in against insurance and Spurs
- Someone in neighborhood who sees Archway as blocking area regeneration
- Actual accidental fire
- Stupid ass fan

And as easy as the last option is, money is usually a better bet ...

Supporter of the NDP, whether fan, politician, community is by far the most likely sources.
Then accident.
Then Archway.

They stand to make a shed load of money either way. This does not help their cause in any way.

To be honest, given the mob mentality of football fans, our ridiculous home form and Kabouls defending, I'm surprised this hadn't already happened at around 3.30 on a Sunday afternoon.

Actually, the more you think about it the more it was done by a "drunk Tottenham fan" makes sense.

So was it someone who was merry, Josif or Jesus?

This, right now my order of suspicion would be

- Owner trying to double cash in against insurance and Spurs
- Someone in neighborhood who sees Archway as blocking area regeneration
- Actual accidental fire
- Stupid ass fan
- Gooner

And as easy as the last option is, money is usually a better bet ...

Fixed. ;)

Supporter of the NDP, whether fan, politician, community is by far the most likely sources.
Then accident.
Then Archway.

They stand to make a shed load of money either way. This does not help their cause in any way.

To be honest, given the mob mentality of football fans, our ridiculous home form and Kabouls defending, I'm surprised this hadn't already happened at around 3.30 on a Sunday afternoon.

I dont believe for a minute that a fan is the most likely source. How many people, however drunk, would think of burning a building down? And if it was something calculated then why not wait to see whether the CPO appeal succeeds or fails rather than risk prison unnecessarily? The appeal is only in Jan as well. You've have to be mind-numbingly stupid to do this

On the basis that an accident is far too coincidental, that just leaves Archway who would collect the insurance cash and the CPO money. Obviously have nothing to base that on, no reason to noubt the characters of the people behind the company and its pure speculation. Then again, it would be so obvious that Archway would be under suspiscion so they would have to be 1000000% confident about covering their tracks - would they be so stupid to even try it?

Either way, hopefully it shouldnt delay the stadium development as once the CPO has gone through, we'll know that we will own the land and can build on it once the police have taken whatever they need for evidence. So we can start building as soon as the appeal is dismissed

When's he gonna turn the water into wine?

I go tomorrow to a formal dinner, at which a few years ago the Padre's grace was :

Lord and Father, most Divine
who first turned water into wine.
Please forgive us foolish men,
who work to turn it back again.

Someone said something about a couple of empty petrol cans being found in the building (one of the Josefs quoting a fireman, possibly?). If true, that would make it deliberate arson, which makes a drunk fan less likely. It would seem more planned, although that doesn't rule out fans.

I wonder what the Josefs and Levy are thinking of doing. In many ways the best solution is a settlement between them allowing both to get on with their business in new premises. From the Spurs perspective, an approach from Levy now would seem rather tactless, to say the least. For the Josefs, they would hardly want to ask Spurs for something now, but it makes no sense to start rebuilding now or to wait for the High Court decision. It needs a third party to intervene, but I don't see who it could be.

Last edited:

As I've stated, from any insurance company's perspective:

This is likely to be subject to a commerical package policy sold via a broker.

It is likely they have fire cover as standard for the building and surrounding land. However as this land is subject of a current CPO insurers are likely to obtain legal advice as to prospects of success of any appeal. If it is deemed likely on the balance of probabilities that Archway would eventually have to move under the CPO process, then it would be arguable that no loss has occurred because of the fire.

The legal onus is on the insured to prove they've suffered a financial loss as a result of an insured event (it isn't enough just to demonstrate that an event occurred, although in 99/100 the two pretty much go together hand-in-hand).

They will likely have cover for stock, machinery etc. Depending on the terms of the CPO, this could arguably be claimed for under the policy as could business interruption.

My guess is however, that the insurance company would seek to force agreement for relocation quickly, as it would minimise its own costs. In this respect, they could hold Archway over a barrel to an extent as I'm sure that the insurance company would deem a quick acceptance of the terms of the CPO and relocation of the business as much preferrable than anything else.

Infact, I would even go so far as the insurer will rule out a liability decision until the CPO process has been completed, even if they did not have any concerns regarding the legitimacy of the fire and any claim.

Someone said something about a couple of empty petrol cans being found in the building (one of the Josefs quoting a fireman, possibly?). If true, that would make it deliberate arson, which makes a drunk fan less likely. It would seem more planned, although that doesn't rule out fans.

I wonder what the Josefs and Levy are thinking of doing. In many ways the best solution is a settlement between them allowing both to get on with their business in new premises. From the Spurs perspective, an approach from Levy now would seem rather tactless, to say the least. For the Josefs, they would hardly want to ask Spurs for something now, but it makes no sense to start rebuilding now or to wait for the High Court decision. It needs a third party to intervene, but I don't see who it could be.

I think the insurance company will intervene mate. I think they will look to bring the two parties round the table to hammer out an agreement and maybe even be willing to throw in an ex-gratia sweetener to make sure a swift relocation goes through.

Petrol cans being found make no sense whatsoever. If it is an insurance job then that's a pretty fundamental mistake. If it was arson you don't leave materials that could be identifiable (tracked to retailer, then CCTV from when they were purchases; or containing forensic material) at the scene.

It also makes no sense for us to do anything now - the CPO will be finally confirmed in 6-7 weeks' time. Why pay £5m for something now that we'll get for £1m then? That's another Eric Dier in January.

If anything the pressure is on Archway to drop their appeal and accept the CPO valuation without incurring any further legal costs. Then they can start building their new premises immediately (or retire, as they seem expected to).

Back