• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

I think we've seen that even getting into the CL once isn't the golden ticket. Sooner or later just about every team regresses to the mean set by their financial power. If we want to become an established top side we have to up our revenue stream and a new stadium is the way. Meanwhile do as well as we can and hope we over perform (compared to our finances) to the extent that we reach our goals.

That for me is the horse before the cart.

For me it's trophies.

Without trying any self-promotion I wrote this whilst hung over a week ago.

http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/we-need-a-miracle.109176/#post-4031250

edmonton: Despite some optimism in this thread (mainly sourced from other sites) the cpo is not sorted and won't happen in May. Daniel has no idea when/if it is coming. Personally I think the way the club is being treated is outrageous.

](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

spiral-clock2.jpg

Last edited:

edmonton: Despite some optimism in this thread (mainly sourced from other sites) the cpo is not sorted and won't happen in May. Daniel has no idea when/if it is coming. Personally I think the way the club is being treated is outrageous.

Why would anyone expect "Daniel" to have any insider information on the timing?

This sort of post discredits ITKs even to those who want to believe. One, if Spurs had a CPO, why would they have inside information in the first place? Two, it's Haringey who have the CPO so a direct channel from Pickles Central to WHL is even less likely.

Such a post just confirms Edmonton is a fraud.

This sort of post discredits ITKs even to those who want to believe. One, if Spurs had a CPO, why would they have inside information in the first place? Two, it's Haringey who have the CPO so a direct channel from Pickles Central to WHL is even less likely.

Agree.

the cpo is not sorted and won't happen in May.

Well as its May 30th tomorrow that prediction was hardly rocket science either

I think you're being more than a bit unfair, jts.

Firstly, edmonton has been a good source of verifiable stadium information over the years.

Secondly, I understand the issues you have with this particular snippet of itk but it seems to me that the problem stems from it being poorly written and unnewsworthy rather than being blatantly bull****. My reading of it was that edmonton, or rather his source, had asked Levy when the decision was likely to be and that Levy had responded by saying that he had no idea. Nothing more to it than that.

If we have been waiting a year, one has to wonder why no journalist has been looking into why such an important project for such a deprived area is taking so long... With the background being the way Levy fcuked it up for the politicians over the Olympic stadium and this seems a tad bit of revenge.

I believe Brentford had there CPO problems passed. How long did they wait? I don't think it was fatty pickle that was dealing with it either. Will look into who it was, maybe able to get another contact email in the same ministry office for people to follow up with.

Council planning passed early December

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/lionel-road-planning-committee-1212113.aspx

So early March as it was passed to state of planning due to English heritage.

Nick Boles, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Planning
Read more at http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/a...ate-approval-1419585.aspx#YoBT78c7XmEWa2Db.99

nick.boles.mp@parliament.uk

don't be rude, just ask if he is dealing with it and why the hold up.

Last edited:

Because it is a CPO that is being dealt with through Haringey, does anyone know whether it's possible Haringey has many more on the table, thus the reason for taking so long. One may only affect the football club but there could be 20 CPOs for other business in and around the stadium.

Firstly, edmonton has been a good source of verifiable stadium information over the years.

Secondly, I understand the issues you have with this particular snippet of itk but it seems to me that the problem stems from it being poorly written and unnewsworthy rather than being blatantly bull****. My reading of it was that edmonton, or rather his source, had asked Levy when the decision was likely to be and that Levy had responded by saying that he had no idea. Nothing more to it than that.

That's how I read it too.

If we have been waiting a year, one has to wonder why no journalist has been looking into why such an important project for such a deprived area is taking so long... With the background being the way Levy fcuked it up for the politicians over the Olympic stadium and this seems a tad bit of revenge.

I believe Brentford had there CPO problems passed. How long did they wait? I don't think it was fatty pickle that was dealing with it either. Will look into who it was, maybe able to get another contact email in the same ministry office for people to follow up with.

Clearly, Pickles has been sitting on this for far too long. And it is a disgrace. But I really don't think that this is any kind of punishment. There is a great deal of political will for the NDP and the overall regeneration of Tottenham to happen.

As to Brentford, did they require any CPOs? I'm not sure that they did. The problem that they faced was an organised group of NIMBYs who forced an appeal against the council's original decision to grant planning permission.

I think your description emphasises my point: he is a fraud. He may have had valid information in the past (and might in the future) but is now trying to live on it. Even if he has a source who has asked Levy and been told he doesn't know, the reason is because it's very unlikely Levy would have advance information on when a decision would be given, especially as he isn't directly involved in the CPO application. To take this lack of knowledge on a date and present it as ITK that the CPO hasn't been sorted is dishonest.

Not necessarily. I think the best guess from discussion in this thread and on Skyscrapercity is that there will be a small increase, but not enough to require a major revaluation of the travel plan. There is hope that the design might accommodate scope for a further increase later, but that would probably fall short your 75k.

I would hope that the revised planning application is close to completion and that once the CPO is approved that it can be put in within a few weeks. So we could find out relatively soon, although we've been saying this for a while. If the changes are not too major then approval might be possible in about 3 months (the same time for the revisions on the north and south parts).

Back