• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Torres

Understand that but Jan was also on a yellow.

Can you not get a yellow for intent to endanger. I think watching the whole incident from the previous tackle IMO there was intent from Torres, a red mist. There was a collision, Torres had zero chance to get the ball as he wasn't even looking at it. Bang to rights yellow card. All Vertonghen did was go up to win a header, got clattered which saw the ball hit his face which he grasped when he hit the ground.

And both were intended to provoke a response that would get the other player sent off. Live by the sword; die by the sword.

Agree, its almost like he was told to get someone sent off, and I don't care if you get sent off trying. Which is exasperated by the arm around Torres by Mourinho as he left the pitch, almost certainly telling him that he loved that attitude.

Last edited:
Can you not get a yellow for intent to endanger. I think watching the whole incident from the previous tackle IMO there was intent from Torres, a red mist. There was a collision, Torres had zero chance to get the ball as he wasn't even looking at it. Bang to rights yellow card. All Vertonghen did was go up to win a header, got clattered which saw the ball hit his face which he grasped when he hit the ground.

Can you honestly say you'd have the same view if this was defoe and terry?

Yes I would. Why wouldn't I. Being at the game you could see the red mist had taken hold of him and it was a matter of time before something was going to happen. He missed the first one with Dembele, the ball bounced, Torres turned but made sure with the second, IMO he saw who it was in that challenge and the intent was dangerous play. Incidently the red mist started when he got a proper whack from Vertonghen from a tackle from behind on his gimpy leg, which could have brought him a yellow for that challenge but just a free kick.

The commentator on MOTD summed it up.. Torres has been fired up through out the second half.

I am glad he went when he did as the next challenge could have been a bad injury for one of our players.

The fuсk was Moaninho given a platform for a four-minute rant against Vertonghen on the BBC website for? You know what, José? Stick it up your аrsе.

Absolutely unbelievable!
I don't think i have ever seen or heard a Manager do a character asssination on someone that is in the SAME PROFESSION (note the irony Jose).
He even talked about other fouls Verts has committed at other times, in other matches ffs!

Moaninho (aptly named) really is a total c@nt that has become a total bore to me and many others that i speak to.

I honestly can't see how there can possibly be a debate about the sending off. He comes flying into Vertonghen in mid-air in a hundred miles an hour. He has no chance of getting to the ball, he has no intention of getting to the ball, it is all about getting one in at Vertonghen. That is a yellow card every day of the week, every week of the year.

I think perhaps people who say it is not a yellow card have been looking at the replays and not the incident in full speed. In slow motion it doesn't look that bad, but when you see it in real time, it is clear that Torres has got Vertonghen is his sights for a big hit.

And of course, he should already been sent off for the face-scratching incident anyway. He might get into trouble there, cause I don't think the referee saw it. He might get three games rather than just one. Because it is Chelsea and Mourinho, I doubt it though.

Mourinho is turning into a joke with his comments to the media. It was the same earlier in the season after the Villa-game when he was also full of ****. Unfortunately, he's got the media on his side, and they won't ask him critical questions, but instead they just stand there holding his mic until he has said what he wants to say.

I agree that Vertonghen should perhaps not have held his head (althoguh Torres did the same), but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do make the referee make the correct decision.

Torres didn't get that second yellow for elbowing JV - an elbow there would have been a straight red. He got the yellow for an overly aggressive/dangerous charge at JV who was trying to get the ball. In one of the replays you can see Torres sizing JV up with no care for the ball and charging into him. Clear yellow to go with the other clear yellow = red.

Yes, thats absolutely spot on. Torres was jumping into the man and not even looking at the ball.
If you look again, Verts puts his arm/hand up to stop Torres and his elbow doing any damage.

They both went down holding their face and Torres deserved to be off the pitch for previous incidents.

Also how Ramires got away without a booking is beyond me.

I honestly can't see how there can possibly be a debate about the sending off. He comes flying into Vertonghen in mid-air in a hundred miles an hour. He has no chance of getting to the ball, he has no intention of getting to the ball, it is all about getting one in at Vertonghen. That is a yellow card every day of the week, every week of the year.

I think perhaps people who say it is not a yellow card have been looking at the replays and not the incident in full speed. In slow motion it doesn't look that bad, but when you see it in real time, it is clear that Torres has got Vertonghen is his sights for a big hit.

And of course, he should already been sent off for the face-scratching incident anyway. He might get into trouble there, cause I don't think the referee saw it. He might get three games rather than just one. Because it is Chelsea and Mourinho, I doubt it though.

Mourinho is turning into a joke with his comments to the media. It was the same earlier in the season after the Villa-game when he was also full of ****. Unfortunately, he's got the media on his side, and they won't ask him critical questions, but instead they just stand there holding his mic until he has said what he wants to say.

I agree that Vertonghen should perhaps not have held his head (althoguh Torres did the same), but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do make the referee make the correct decision.

But Torres didn't touch him. If he'd wanted to do Jan he could have. He didn't touch him.

Yes I would. Why wouldn't I. Being at the game you could see the red mist had taken hold of him and it was a matter of time before something was going to happen. He missed the first one with Dembele, the ball bounced, Torres turned but made sure with the second, IMO he saw who it was in that challenge and the intent was dangerous play. Incidently the red mist started when he got a proper whack from Vertonghen from a tackle from behind on his gimpy leg, which could have brought him a yellow for that challenge but just a free kick.

The commentator on MOTD summed it up.. Torres has been fired up through out the second half.

I am glad he went when he did as the next challenge could have been a bad injury for one of our players.

Fair enough mate. If thats your honest opinion, we will agree to disagree.

torres.gif

should have been a straight red for this!

I'm not your mate. And you really shouldn't talk about poor posts.

Oh dear...

Okay, **** poor post sunshine. Its poor coz youre abusive but that aside..

Torres never touched Jan. Looked like he did on realtime but replay clearly shows he didnt.

Jan acted to get him sent off. If you can't admit that, you're just being. biased.

Oh dear...

Okay, **** poor post sunshine. Its poor coz youre abusive but that aside..

Torres never touched Jan. Looked like he did on realtime but replay clearly shows he didnt.

Jan acted to get him sent off. If you can't admit that, you're just being. biased.

At least I know how to use apostrophes. I look forward to beating you lot at Stamford Bridge. Can't ****ing wait.

At least I know how to use apostrophes. I look forward to beating you lot at Stamford Bridge. Can't ****ing wait.

Dont go down that road with me or ill have to point out that you can't spell Chelsea.

I'm on a phone buddy but its good to see you'll stoop that low. Shows you know you've lost the argument.

Good man yourself.

Back