• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Torres

IMO if you take the second yellow incident on its own, it was harsh no contact, but he should have walked earlier.

Verts was smart. That's how to get revenge when the ref isn't protecting you.

If I'd've been clawed across the face like Torres did to him, I'd've just smacked him back (and got myself sent off).

Petulant - sarcastically applauding the ref.

Behaved like a girl in a playground cat fight - who scratches someone on the face?? Deserved a red for that alone.

The fuсk was Moaninho given a platform for a four-minute rant against Vertonghen on the BBC website for? You know what, José? Stick it up your аrsе.

No but I think Mark's reaction is a bit OTT. I don't remember any dirty fouls besides the scratch.

torres.gif

Once again, I think the reaction is perfectly fine.

I think Vertonghen deserves credit for being so calm about it. I said the same (I think on here) after the Suarez biting about Ivanovich. Would have been so easy to rashly swing an arm and get sent off.

I'm obviously biased and you guys can accuse me of making excuses for our players all you want, but after that I'm not surprised Vertonghen chose to stay down after the duel that lead to the second yellow if that's what actually happened...

Torres didn't get that second yellow for elbowing JV - an elbow there would have been a straight red. He got the yellow for an overly aggressive/dangerous charge at JV who was trying to get the ball. In one of the replays you can see Torres sizing JV up with no care for the ball and charging into him. Clear yellow to go with the other clear yellow = red.

The fuсk was Moaninho given a platform for a four-minute rant against Vertonghen on the BBC website for? You know what, José? Stick it up your аrsе.

He has to distract the media from talking about his own players somehow..

Shocking journalism how someone can allow that without making him comment on the scratch from Torres.

Blatantly ****ing ridiculous from Mourinho consider the **** his players have done, and obviously continue to do. But that's what he does, and as long as it helps shift the focus away from Torres and onto Vertonghen then it serves his, and Chelsea's, purposes I suppose.

Never seen that side of Torres before, nothing like as aggressive anyway. Guessing he was got at good and proper by Mourinho before the match.

Torres didn't get that second yellow for elbowing JV - an elbow there would have been a straight red. He got the yellow for an overly aggressive/dangerous charge at JV who was trying to get the ball. In one of the replays you can see Torres sizing JV up with no care for the ball and charging into him. Clear yellow to go with the other clear yellow = red.

This

torres.gif

Once again, I think the reaction is perfectly fine.

I think Vertonghen deserves credit for being so calm about it. I said the same (I think on here) after the Suarez biting about Ivanovich. Would have been so easy to rashly swing an arm and get sent off.

I'm obviously biased and you guys can accuse me of making excuses for our players all you want, but after that I'm not surprised Vertonghen chose to stay down after the duel that lead to the second yellow if that's what actually happened...

I'm talking about HIS reaction. If he wasn't a Chelsea player Marky's reaction would have been different.

I can possibly agree with this.

Difficult to see from the (few) replays I've seen, but it comes down to if he's going for the ball fairly or just diving in at Vertonghen without trying to get the ball.

What is certainly clear is that Chelsea have no reason to be unhappy about the ref today. Torres should obviously have been sent off in the first half. How Ramires didn't get a yellow early on for booting the ball half way across the pitch after the ref blew his whistle I have no idea.

Only a very small number of managers would have the balls to complain about a harsh second yellow that got a player sent off when that same player should have been sent off an hour earlier for what Torres did today.

I thought he was very good today

He is and has always been a petulent player. I think the yellow car shoulda been a red but the second yellow was never one - so justice? perhaps

I'm talking about HIS reaction. If he wasn't a Chelsea player Marky's reaction would have been different.

Really Jurgen? You're not expecting reactions to be somewhat coloured by who the opposition are?

Let's all just forget about our feelings, this isn't a derby against Chelsea, just another player in another team doing something?

And I'm not sure it would have been that different. I haven't seen a lot of players behave in a similar way to that to compare.

Not quite as bad as Suarez's bite perhaps, but somewhere not as bad as that whilst a lot worse than your standard diving/cheating on the spectrum for me. Plenty of people get plenty angry/outraged about players doing stuff like that even when they're not our rivals and they don't do it to our players.

Really Jurgen? You're not expecting reactions to be somewhat coloured by who the opposition are?

Let's all just forget about our feelings, this isn't a derby against Chelsea, just another player in another team doing something?

And I'm not sure it would have been that different. I haven't seen a lot of players behave in a similar way to that to compare.

Not quite as bad as Suarez's bite perhaps, but somewhere not as bad as that whilst a lot worse than your standard diving/cheating on the spectrum for me. Plenty of people get plenty angry/outraged about players doing stuff like that even when they're not our rivals and they don't do it to our players.

I've seen worse things than that put it that way. He got sent off in the end so it's not like it cost us. If he had stayed on the pitch and scored or set up the winner then I would see why people would get angry. It annoyed me but I didn't jump out of my seat with rage.

I think the ref on the commentary said they may go after him for the gouge even though he was yellowed.

Classless club with classless players and classless manager.

Back