• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Torres

Moaninho works the media well and gives them what he wants them to have. He will have been fully advised as to what Torres got up if he didn't see it first hand. His words and actions are simply designed to deflect criticism away from his own player and get everyone focusing on sound bites like 'disgrace' or accusations of diving and cheating. People should generally complain en masse to the FA because Moan' has brought the game into disrepute. I'd be very surprised if Torres is not banned for at least 3 matches and I'd like to see the FA set the record straight by reminding players about diving, feigning injury to get players sent off and that managers should keep their mouths firmly shut when speaking to the media.

Thank you Dorothy; Mourinho purely acted up to deflect attention from the face scratch, that is all.

I did like the quote above though...

Mourinho on John Terry said:
He has a future; the way he is playing he has a future in China...

Not only do we disagree with you fella, but so does Sir Isaac Newton.

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2013/09/28/video-fernando-torres-red-card-vs-tottenham-2013-sent-off-spurs-chelsea-september/

This site has different videos of the incident, full-speed and slow-motion. In full speed, you can see Torres charging into Jan. Full force. He didn't head-butt him or put his elbow in, but he ran and jumped into Jan who was stationary and going for the ball. That's a yellow all day long.

In slow-motion you can clearly see that Torres' impact affects Jan; the ball hits him a bit awkwardly and the force of Torres spins him in the air so he lands on his hands, the other way around with his feet in the air.

If you can simulate that movement at home with nobody touching you, I'd love to see a video of it.

It's never a second yellow in a million years. If it happened to one of our players, we'd be up in arms. As for people saying "Jan held his head because that's where the ball hit him"...give me a break. The ball has bounced up and there's little pace on it. It's not like someone smacked it at him.

I'll give you that there is some contact but it's Jan touching Torres more than the other way around. It still ain't a booking. Torres is actually going for the ball too in my view. He comes out of a challenge with Dembele, doesn't break his stride and launches into the next one. He doesn't have time to think "Hey it's Verts, I'm going to clatter him".

It's an awful decision. If people want to argue on the scratching, I can understand that but to say that the second yellow was a booking is wrong in my view.

It's never a second yellow in a million years. If it happened to one of our players, we'd be up in arms. As for people saying "Jan held his head because that's where the ball hit him"...give me a break. The ball has bounced up and there's little pace on it. It's not like someone smacked it at him.

I'll give you that there is some contact but it's Jan touching Torres more than the other way around. It still ain't a booking. Torres is actually going for the ball too in my view. He comes out of a challenge with Dembele, doesn't break his stride and launches into the next one. He doesn't have time to think "Hey it's Verts, I'm going to clatter him".

It's an awful decision. If people want to argue on the scratching, I can understand that but to say that the second yellow was a booking is wrong in my view.

I don't think I could disagree with you more tbh. I think you're backing yourself in to a corner on this one.

Definately a punch or attempted punch by Torres as they land. The slow motion replay cuts before you see whether or not he makes contact. But no doubt Torres intends to hit Jan, before quickly putting hands to his own face.

Yeah I agree. It was a foul, but I don't think it was a worth a yellow card.

The scratching on the other hand should have been red on its own.

I bet he gets away with it.

H'mm. Not so sure about that.

Defoe was given a straight red at Villa Park for a similar challenge to Torres 2nd booking. Considering what had gone before it was ridiculous he was still on the pitch by then. I would have no complaints if a Spurs player had done that.

Oh he has plenty of time to see who is going for the ball. Whether he did go up for it because it was Verts I don't know but he for sure knew it was him.

Torres was wound up by Moaninho who is the man responsible for his vicious assult on Jan. Moaninho is already starting to crack up and the British press have already grown weary of him. He will soon find out that we dislike him even more than the Spanish people do.

It's worse of course but there are still cheating and all of the players I mentioned are serial divers. It's one nasty incident in Torres' career that I can recall so it's not like he has a history of doing it. Defoe bit a player once for example, but that was a blip.

Torres was excellent, loads better than Soldado let's be honest.

Agree if we are talking about his football, but if we are talking about his behaviour , he was a sh1t.

Poor decision, but I knew from the comments by Mourinho after the game that nothing would happen. He makes a ludicrous, over the top comment in the press and the FA flap it once again. No surprises here

Poor decision, but I knew from the comments by Mourinho after the game that nothing would happen. He makes a ludicrous, over the top comment in the press and the FA flap it once again. No surprises here

Good to have in mind for future reference that scratching an opponents face is a perfectly fine thing to do during a game of football.

Good to have in mind for future reference that scratching an opponents face is a perfectly fine thing to do during a game of football.

Yep an odd decision especially given the action and the decision taken in the Suarez biting incident. Wasn't that decision made because biting had no place on the football pitch and the action would affect the image of the game in this country. I will have to look it up again.

still i think the damage is done because the controversy lives on and torres just doesn't have the mental strength to take it.

Back