• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

I don’t know if it is - experience tells me it’s been his kind of signing plenty of times in the past, though.

Like everybody else, I hope he comes in and scores a bucketload.
Levy has appointed DOF long before every club had them
They have a budget
That’s his role at the top
I don’t think for one second he sits there and thinks we need Werner… we need Dragustin
He pays people to do that and his role is to effectively back their calls

I did not say that Ange did not want Werner. And Vicario vs Raya was a win win situation.

Im talking about getting the right players, we and the Club hopes TW can help us some now and the next months.. and yea Im saying what I belive and what I think… but I am afraid if the Club always going to be 3-5mill short on getting first the choice. That Ange will jump on the next task. But lets count the points in may and see if TW dit help us og if it was a mill out the window

What makes you think he wasn't anges first choice? Ange knows him celtic played against Leipzig in the cl. Werner scored in one of the games. Before the window opened ally gold said that ange wanted a cb, a cm and an attacker that can play across the front. Ange also likes players with pace. Werner is the attacker. Dragusin looks like it will be done in the next 24 hours. That leaves a cm. Although we might be waiting to shift hojbjerg first.

What makes you think he wasn't anges first choice? Ange knows him celtic played against Leipzig in the cl. Werner scored in one of the games. Before the window opened ally gold said that ange wanted a cb, a cm and an attacker that can play across the front. Ange also likes players with pace. Werner is the attacker. Dragusin looks like it will be done in the next 24 hours. That leaves a cm. Although we might be waiting to shift hojbjerg first.
I've heard DL has offered him Lee Cattermole;)

Indeed. There's an absolutely dearth of top CFs in the world at the moment, certainly any that aren't already in the biggest sides. There's kind of Osimhen, then bar.
And then you have the January factor

Werner can help us get back into the CL that’s enough to help boost the coffers to go big in someone like an Osihmen if Ange wants him (sure there are others)

This move just feels low risk, potential high upside

I’m realistic about his weaknesses though - and 20+ years of largely trophyless football, and multiple failures to invest in the football side at crucial moments, means that he can be criticised at times, imho.
Criticise him all you want. But your criticism holds zero credibility if it’s just stuff you made up. You’ve no idea who initiated this transfer and you’ve gone on record as saying Ange doesn’t want him and it’s Levy’s fault we’re signing him.

Criticise him all you want. But your criticism holds zero credibility if it’s just stuff you made up. You’ve no idea who initiated this transfer and you’ve gone on record as saying Ange doesn’t want him and it’s Levy’s fault we’re signing him.
Are you saying that despite putting in place about 5 layers of management between him and the players … this isn’t levy negotiating and doing this deal on his own…

He offers pace, he presses like mad and if you can tap into his scoring he can hit nearly1 in 2.

I dont judge anyone on their times at the mess that's Chelsea, it's a hard barometer that place
At Leipzig he's been averaging 0.6 goal involvements per 90. Not setting the world alight, but not garbage either. Over the course of a full season where he plays 85% of the time available that a combination of 19 goals and assists. If he gets 6-7 goals and 3-4 assists over the remaining games, I'd say he will have made a decent contribution.

The only real negative about this is that it probably means we're not getting another wide attacker this January.
I'm guessing we have a list of targets, but January is not the window that we could get them. So filling a gap for now until we get our preferred targets. It's a reasonable move. And with Madders coming back soon, our goal scoring options aren't too shabby. I mean we're the 3rd highest scoring team in the league. It's not like we're struggling for goals where we desperately need reinforcements up front.

I think it’s a very smart signing. If it doesn’t work we cut losses, if it does, we buy. People need to forget about hius scoring record because he’s not being signed as a CF!!!!! The potential positives from this are immense.
You think he's being signed to play wide primarily? Interesting... I would have thought striker option primarily with the option of playing wide sometimes.

Back