• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

Ange has said more than once that he sets great store upon the character of a player and how they'll fit with the group. With that in mind, it was good to read this from Matt Law about Werner's time at Chelsea:

"One thing I would say is that he’s a great lad. I dealt with him a lot at Chelsea and the dressing room will love him, even when things were going bad at Chelsea he was very popular behind the scenes. I know coaches and clubs do a lot of due diligence into the characters of players, and I’m sure that is a huge thing for Ange. He will slot in well in that dressing room, he will be well-liked at the club, he’s a great lad, seriously"

Same as Soldado then. He used to give Sandro and Lamela lifts to training and everything.

I'm being facetious, but not being a dingdong shouldn't really be a standout quality

Ange has said more than once that he sets great store upon the character of a player and how they'll fit with the group. With that in mind, it was good to read this from Matt Law about Werner's time at Chelsea:

"One thing I would say is that he’s a great lad. I dealt with him a lot at Chelsea and the dressing room will love him, even when things were going bad at Chelsea he was very popular behind the scenes. I know coaches and clubs do a lot of due diligence into the characters of players, and I’m sure that is a huge thing for Ange. He will slot in well in that dressing room, he will be well-liked at the club, he’s a great lad, seriously"
”I suppose I've created an atmosphere where I'm a friend first and a striker second. Probably an entertainer third."

Same as Soldado then. He used to give Sandro and Lamela lifts to training and everything.

I'm being facetious, but not being a dingdong shouldn't really be a standout quality
It shouldn't be, but in elite sport, with the egos and mentalities inherent, it sadly appears that way.
Besides, Ange seems to go beyond just not wanting someone who isn't a bit of a pillock, but actively after the strong cohesive characters.

well I hope he plays better for us because he was brick with them.

He's no Drogba, but he scored or assisted almost every other game and helped them win the CL. He was decent for Leipzig last season as well. I think he's had an injury and has now lost his place in the team. I'd take him over Havertz and that's before you even consider the potential fee.

He won't replace our star striker for a decade either, but he fills a gap in our squad and it gives us more room for other deals in this window.

Gonna be fun popping back in here once he's playing one-twos with Son and Maddison and we're on another unbeaten run.

We were seriously lacking upfront - more than at CB. While everyone was looking at CB we're addressing the arguably more urgent need - to strengthen our attack. Without Maddison and Son, Kulu is the only first choice senior choice in attack imo. And he's 23, has played every game more or less, and run his heart out.

Absolutely no brainer of a signing and could be a bit of a master stroke if he settles fast. I think he could link up very happily with Son, Maddison and Kulu. Quite a tantalising attack that should create a lot for each other. I'd love to see Kulu scoring more too.

Not overly excited about this one as I feel we really need another elite forward to compliment Son and I don’t feel Werner is that. However Ange has improved Sarr, Bissouma (disciplinary record aside) Porro and Kulu to name a few compared to the level they were at last season and I’d rather Werner than no one at all.

Not overly excited about this one as I feel we really need another elite forward to compliment Son and I don’t feel Werner is that. However Ange has improved Sarr, Bissouma (disciplinary record aside) Porro and Kulu to name a few compared to the level they were at last season and I’d rather Werner than no one at all.
Elite forwards are going to cost in the region of £100m, we have been stung too many times to spend big money on players and will continue to buy almost unknowns in the hope they become Elite.

With all the negativity being dragged out about Werner's past endeavours, there is a bright side to consider: just imagine how fcuking demoralizing it will be for an opponent when Werner actually does score a goal.

Erik Lamela was never a great goal scorer but when he popped one in, the players' celebrations were always very strong. Here's hoping Werner earns that and also receives Soldado-level support from fans.

Erik Lamela as a forward player scored 17 league goals in 177 league games and is rated highly by some for his time here. Werner will score a lot more than that in my opinion.
Werner doesn’t die in training and need 6 months rest
Huge difference there

Erik Lamela as a forward player scored 17 league goals in 177 league games and is rated highly by some for his time here. Werner will score a lot more than that in my opinion.
Let’s see if he’s as adept at stamping on an opponent’s hand and getting away with it.

Come on Timo.....tear it up. I'm positive about this, more about how he fits in and contributes by linking up with our other forwards

Elite forwards are going to cost in the region of £100m, we have been stung too many times to spend big money on players and will continue to buy almost unknowns in the hope they become Elite.

That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t ever try again.

Back