• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

It was only a couple of years ago byern won it.

Yeah the one horse in the race, German football is very average and fans here think if they had more say in clubs here it would be great, I don't see how replacing billionaires with naive nutters will improve the product, that's what it is a product not a sports club.

I did not say that Ange did not want Werner. And Vicario vs Raya was a win win situation.

Im talking about getting the right players, we and the Club hopes TW can help us some now and the next months.. and yea Im saying what I belive and what I think… but I am afraid if the Club always going to be 3-5mill short on getting first the choice. That Ange will jump on the next task. But lets count the points in may and see if TW dit help us og if it was a mill out the window
Genuine question - if you deem that Werner is second choice because we are short changing another deal, who is the number 1 target? Not speculative itk but real info?

Also, given we had no prior knowledge of how well Vicario was going to perform in our league, I fail to see how him or Raya was win-win.

I did not say that Ange did not want Werner. And Vicario vs Raya was a win win situation.

Im talking about getting the right players, we and the Club hopes TW can help us some now and the next months.. and yea Im saying what I belive and what I think… but I am afraid if the Club always going to be 3-5mill short on getting first the choice. That Ange will jump on the next task. But lets count the points in may and see if TW dit help us og if it was a mill out the window
I'm no Levy advocate but the likelihood is that any serious striker targets just aren't gettable this January (and rarely are). So instead we've looked at an option that hopefully fills a void and doesn't cost too much or has us locked into a deal we don't really want to do in the long run.

Spurs fans - why won't levy back the manager! Levy is a disgrace

Also spurs fans - I only meant back him with players I like and cost millions!

Just wait till you hear about Spurs fans trying to belittle scoring 5 in 5 in the premier league as they just have it in their head that they don't like that player so use clearly defined terms in a widely inaccurate manner to downplay the form of our own players. But I can actually directly quote that fan so it's not a made up exaggerated claim of an imagined strawman irrational argument. The mind boggles, I'd have probably just admitted what I had posted was utter nonsense rather than scuttling away but each to their own.

Anyway, announce Werner! The idea of this signing has grown on me, it's even more important with Veliz being out for this spell and I like that Werner will be hungry for football with the Euros in mind. To me he seems like the Son replacement as he is way more effective in wide positions. Werner has also got that awkward German thing going on in press conferences, I didn't admit it when at Chelsea but he's quite a likeable funny guy.

Neither him or Richy finish 100% of their chances(who does?) but getting in the positions is the main thing. And it will help if fans actually support these players rather than waiting for them to slip up so they can bitch and moan :D

Now we need Hendo to come in on a loan and finally break Scara, plus the CB from the Italian league and it's a dream transfer window.

I think it’s a very smart signing. If it doesn’t work we cut losses, if it does, we buy. People need to forget about hius scoring record because he’s not being signed as a CF!!!!! The potential positives from this are immense.

I am actually quite optimistic with regards to this signing. He could even start on the left in place of Son against Utd.

Just wait till you hear about Spurs fans trying to belittle scoring 5 in 5 in the premier league as they just have it in their head that they don't like that player so use clearly defined terms in a widely inaccurate manner to downplay the form of our own players. But I can actually directly quote that fan so it's not a made up exaggerated claim of an imagined strawman irrational argument. The mind boggles, I'd have probably just admitted what I had posted was utter nonsense rather than scuttling away but each to their own.

Anyway, announce Werner! The idea of this signing has grown on me, it's even more important with Veliz being out for this spell and I like that Werner will be hungry for football with the Euros in mind. To me he seems like the Son replacement as he is way more effective in wide positions. Werner has also got that awkward German thing going on in press conferences, I didn't admit it when at Chelsea but he's quite a likeable funny guy.

Neither him or Richy finish 100% of their chances(who does?) but getting in the positions is the main thing. And it will help if fans actually support these players rather than waiting for them to slip up so they can bitch and moan :D

Now we need Hendo to come in on a loan and finally break Scara, plus the CB from the Italian league and it's a dream transfer window.

This is Spurs, there are no dream transfer windows just short naps disturbed by nightmares.

there anyone out there who scores more than they miss?
Not sure about actually scoring more than they miss but there are some players who hit higher than their xG. We've had two in recent years; Son and Kane. On average given the chances they had they would have been expected to score fewer than they did if they were average finishers, quite significantly in both case.

Rather than a stop gap, I think Werner's style of play suits Postecoglou. At his best Timo is moving the ball fast, using his pace and dribbling ability to get away from defenders, release a pass, and then sprint forward to recieve the ball back.

He's a bit more 'cultured' or experienced than most of our young attacking prospects. His ability to pick out players with a cross is less hit and hope and he can accuretly pass/cross the ball whilst moving at speed. He can also finish, probably with a little more varity than Kulu.

He has genuine pace. He can turn and face up a defender, and quickly make space to pass or shoot. He can round fullbacks, and break offside lines. So for me, I think he's potentially more than a stop gap.

A front line of Werner, Son, Kulu, Maddison, supported by Johnson, Richarlison Solomon, Gil, Veliz...is decent. Plenty of cover with players fit.

Such a shame we ended up stuck with VdV, Maddison and Vicario this summer instead of paying 3-5m more and getting our first choice in.

Most clubs do some cheaper deals. Among other reasons because it frees up money for those signings that are more expensive.

Werner may end up being a flop, we'll see. But this deal says fairly little about our overall transfer strategy from the top. Reports that Ange really wants him, if so probably based on mostly cheap/loan deals being possible this month, but still. If Ange really wants him is this really on Levy if it doesn't work out?

You are correct, I should have used 10 goals in 54 to back up the point he needs to improve in front of goal 😃

Not sure about actually scoring more than they miss but there are some players who hit higher than their xG. We've had two in recent years; Son and Kane. On average given the chances they had they would have been expected to score fewer than they did if they were average finishers, quite significantly in both case.
This is true. It's also really rare to see that.

And of course, without really knowing it, that has conditioned us. Our expectations of a forward are set by what we have seen (regularly). We need to move on from that and readjust.

In a way it's been a bit tragic, we've had two XG monsters on our books at the same time...and despite that have gained zero trophies.

Such a shame we ended up stuck with VdV, Maddison and Vicario this summer instead of paying 3-5m more and getting our first choice in.
Of course, it’s just as easy to list many examples of times when we have gone for a second (or third, or fourth…) choice - or ‘a club signing’ - and it hasn’t worked out.

Fingers crossed this one does. At least it’s happened relatively early in the window. That does hopefully show a positive change in Levy’s approach to doing business at this time of the year.

And of course, without really knowing it, that has conditioned us. Our expectations of a forward are set by what we have seen (regularly). We need to move on from that and readjust.

In a way it's been a bit tragic, we've had two XG monsters on our books at the same time...and despite that have gained zero trophies.
Id prefer an aG monster

Of course, it’s just as easy to list many examples of times when we have gone for a second (or third, or fourth…) choice - or ‘a club signing’ - and it hasn’t worked out.

Fingers crossed this one does. At least it’s happened relatively early in the window. That does hopefully show a positive change in Levy’s approach to doing business at this time of the year.
Since Paratici came in (and after he partially left) I really rather like our overtall transfer strategy and I'd definitely argue we've been at least as successful in that regard as we can realistically expect.

The financial constraints are there, it is what it is. But within those constraints it's not like it's Levy choosing to spend real money (potentially) on Dragusin while going for the cheaper loan deal forward option of Werner.

Of course if we could just continually sign all our top targets we would be more successful. That's not really an option.

Back