• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

You do realise that we actually WON yesterday, don't you?

I tend to agree with the notion that it's a results business and i do find some of the criticism labelled at Sherwood as pretty pathetic BUT yesterday we won in spite of him for sure. His substitutions and the timing of them (bar the Rose sub) was appalling. He watched as get controlled by 10 man Stoke and did **** all but hope we don't concede.

All I care about - in the end - is Spurs winning. The thought of Sherwood staying appalls me in a way, but maybe it's what we need, a gobby, opinionated c*nt, who is completely in love with himself, and won't take any crap from the players. I can't see him believing that we could win away at Old Trafford or Anfield - I don't think he believes that we could do it, so I can't see him achieving it. But heck, if he could do something great, I'd put up with the fact that he was the manager.

For me it depends on what the alternative is. I'm more a 'better the devil you know' type of guy.

I didnt agree with TS appointment, but I will always give credit where its due, he started well thats for sure, doing the right things. Granted over his reign we have picked up plenty of wins, but its not very entertaining, and certainly not good for the ticker (not just watching Spurs ever was)

If the alternative is one of the following- FDB,Benitez,Klinsmann,Bielsa,Redknapp Then bye Tim, thanks

If the alternative is Moyes,Sven,Mancini Then its Kylie Minoque hit from the 90s

For someone so into stats I cannot believe that stato cannot get his head around the fact that Timmy playing against x number of teams may be different to AVBs x amount of teams.

Tim maybe played the current bottom 6 twice

AVB maybe played the current top 6 twice

Delving deeper a star striker may have played against AVB but in the return game he was injured against Dim Tim.

For someone so into stats I cannot believe that stato cannot get his head around the fact that Timmy playing against x number of teams may be different to AVBs x amount of teams.

Tim maybe played the current bottom 6 twice

AVB maybe played the current top 6 twice

Delving deeper a star striker may have played against AVB but in the return game he was injured against Dim Tim.

P497_zpsc8aa75d9.png

For me it depends on what the alternative is. I'm more a 'better the devil you know' type of guy.

I didnt agree with TS appointment, but I will always give credit where its due, he started well thats for sure, doing the right things. Granted over his reign we have picked up plenty of wins, but its not very entertaining, and certainly not good for the ticker (not just watching Spurs ever was)

If the alternative is one of the following- FDB,Benitez,Klinsmann,Bielsa,Redknapp Then bye Tim, thanks

If the alternative is Moyes,Sven,Mancini Then its Kylie Minoque hit from the 90
s

Hits Nail on Head=D> though I would leave Redknapp out and Pocchettino as well.

There is something to be said for the outlined approach above. Some of us want Sherwood moved on in part due to the Lamela & Sandro sagas. What is to say that the new manager will even want either of those players at the club?

Perhaps a new manager comes in, with new ideas, and decides that he doesn't require those players. He may even think that he would rather sell Eriksen for good money now than keep him only to sell next summer. Now, those are extreme examples but are used to point out that there is no guarantee that a new manager will fix all the problems that each of us perceives to exist.

Anyone who wants Sherwood gone simply because of the Sandro incident, or similar, may be disappointed with whoever comes in as they are unlikely to agree 100% with every action and decision that the new manager will take.

I know the above is obvious but it does seem as if there are people on here who think that a new manager will solve everything when, he won't.

No I do not want him to stay on, I do not actually want him at the club at all. I can not believe in this day in age when even a dinosaur like me knows about public relations that this guy can be so poor with the media. The media and interaction with them plays a large part of the modern managers job and Sherwood lacks that understanding.

On the football side of things though he has not been a disaster he has shown to be severely lacking in tactics when it comes to the top teams, his predecessor was not a whole lot better either so it is something I would like to see more of in our next appointment.

His football philosophy is a strange one because the way he sets out our midfield is bizarre, add to that how we have started games and the number of mistakes our players make, Sherwood is not up to the job he had his chance he should move elsewhere and learn his trade.

Slowly but surely I can sense more people are coming around to the idea that changing coach for the sake of it would be stupid.

Changing Sherwood for LvG, Carlo Ancelotti or Frank de Boer would be smart.

Changing Sherwood for Pochettino, Mancini, Spaletti, Moyes, Allegri, Laudrup or any of those guys would be dumb, panicky, unnecessary, short-sighted and a FAR GREATER RISK than just leaving Sherwood with the final year of his contract.

I have yet to see a coherent case made for ANY of that second group, except that they are "not Sherwood". So we'd be appointing someone because he's not someone else? Weak as pi$$. The one exception perhaps is Pochettino, who has his obvious appeals, but even then his supporters seem less than 100% certain. Nobody is balls deep in their desire to see him appointed.

The only thing that will make me change my mind on Sherwood would be a massive sign of support from the players and by that I don't mean people like Kane and Bentaleb who have TS to thank for their break in the Premier League. If all of a sudden I hear Eriksen, Lloris, Dawson, Kaboul and Dembele saying how much they'd like to keep working under Tim then you know that if the senior players believe in his methods then we should to.

i think there are very few that are THAT staunchly against Sherwood Chancer anyway, and a lot of people that probably seem that they are have the caveat that any replacement that comes in needs to be an obvious upgrade - doesn't mean you can't be dead against him signing on next season though. i bet everyone that 'hates' Naughton and Rose wouldn't be happy if we replaced them with two full backs from the irish league or whatever for example, that doesn't mean they are desperate for them to be gone.

it's not our job as supporters to identify replacements, obviously there are those that know a fair bit about world football so can discuss it better than others but we're definitely in a position to judge whether we think someone is right for the job or not based on what we see happening on our pitch every week.

The only thing that will make me change my mind on Sherwood would be a massive sign of support from the players and by that I don't mean people like Kane and Bentaleb who have TS to thank for their break in the Premier League. If all of a sudden I hear Eriksen, Lloris, Dawson, Kaboul and Dembele saying how much they'd like to keep working under Tim then you know that if the senior players believe in his methods then we should to.

Don't forget Sandro and Vertonghen.

i voted no

I dont think he is bad...quite the contrary, i think he has a very high ceiling and with a bit more experience will be one of the best english managers/coaches out there.

What i do think is that he is

not yet ready to be manager of a club of our calibre......its just little things

Professionalism

Dealing with the media

Dealing with the squad in a Non footballing sense.., man management (talking about people being vocal in the media, these things should be kept in house)

Tactically he is fine, good infact, but certain scenarios just makes you think he isnt as good as the best or better ones out there.....case in point...us getting outplayed and overrun by 10 man stoke , not 10 man barca......stoke.

HIs Team selection:- the irony is that it is technically working, but i dont trust the model.....not believing in a defensive mids is the start of trouble.....i think though sherwood wants a ball player from that position before he wants a defensive player....nothing wrong with that. its his perogative. I just personally am not the biggest fan of it....not that it is wrong , its just not my cup of tea

There are better managers / coaches / tacticians out there

for these reasons and a few more....i would like someone else better

Slowly but surely I can sense more people are coming around to the idea that changing coach for the sake of it would be stupid.

Changing Sherwood for LvG, Carlo Ancelotti or Frank de Boer would be smart.

Changing Sherwood for Pochettino, Mancini, Spaletti, Moyes, Allegri, Laudrup or any of those guys would be dumb, panicky, unnecessary, short-sighted and a FAR GREATER RISK than just leaving Sherwood with the final year of his contract.

I have yet to see a coherent case made for ANY of that second group, except that they are "not Sherwood". So we'd be appointing someone because he's not someone else? Weak as pi$$. The one exception perhaps is Pochettino, who has his obvious appeals, but even then his supporters seem less than 100% certain. Nobody is balls deep in their desire to see him appointed.

All of that second group have far more experience than Timmeh and have shown that at some point in their careers they can at least attempt to put in place a credible plan for management.

Whilst they've all had failures too, they have done more than stumble from one mistake/fluke to the next. Timmeh hasn't yet.

No.

In his time here I am yet to see any discernible style of play that he claimed he would bring when he was hired. Added to that the obvious lack of preparation before games and it all combines to make us look amateur. Compare to last season when we were conceding late goals, AVB highlighted the weakness and changed the training to counter this and shortly we were winning games late on. The amount of goals we concede from the kick off or after we have scored isn't coincidence, it is poor preparation. He's a charlatan who avoids mainstream media mocking because he is friends with ex pros in the press.

The sooner he goes the better for me.

I don't want Sherwood but you can't just dismiss the stats statto's posting because you don't like him. When did being objective become so uncool?

i voted no

I dont think he is bad...quite the contrary, i think he has a very high ceiling and with a bit more experience will be one of the best english managers/coaches out there.

What i do think is that he is

not yet ready to be manager of a club of our calibre......its just little things

Professionalism

Dealing with the media

Dealing with the squad in a Non footballing sense.., man management (talking about people being vocal in the media, these things should be kept in house)

Tactically he is fine, good infact, but certain scenarios just makes you think he isnt as good as the best or better ones out there.....case in point...us getting outplayed and overrun by 10 man stoke , not 10 man barca......stoke.

HIs Team selection:- the irony is that it is technically working, but i dont trust the model.....not believing in a defensive mids is the start of trouble.....i think though sherwood wants a ball player from that position before he wants a defensive player....nothing wrong with that. its his perogative. I just personally am not the biggest fan of it....not that it is wrong , its just not my cup of tea

There are better managers / coaches / tacticians out there

for these reasons and a few more....i would like someone else better

I think that is one of the few reasoned and thought out responses as to why tactically Tim maybe should be replaced, however when bemoaning the fact that we were outplayed in the second half against Stoke, you have to take in to account that bar Liverpool over the last 8 games stoke are the team in the best form in the league, they had just won the last four of their previous home games, they have had some great results at home and excluding an early season blib to Norwich they only other team to beat them at home were Liverpool who were in fact lucky to do so.... In addition based on the sky highlights up to their sending off we were by far the better team (and started fast this time), not sure why we couldn't control the game better after the sending off but think it could be down to the fact that their blood was up and they they fans right behind them at what they perceived was a injustice (it wasn't).

I don't want Sherwood but you can't just dismiss the stats statto's posting because you don't like him. When did being objective become so uncool?

They're not objective because they ignore so many factors.

Using Statto's logic I could claim that Lloris is the best keeper to ever exist because of yesterday's 100% save ratio, or that Rose is the world's greatest striker because of his 100% goals to shots ratio.

I do. Shows how weak the opposition were. We had the incorrect starting line up, played badly, made the wrong subs and got dominated by 10 men - ending up with a midfield made up of three soft players trying halt a landslide.

That was by no means a satisfying 'performance' and we won despite Sherwood's best efforts, not because of them.

The opposition were not weak at at see my post to Africanspur

They're not objective because they ignore so many factors.

Using Statto's logic I could claim that Lloris is the best keeper to ever exist because of yesterday's 100% save ratio, or that Rose is the world's greatest striker because of his 100% goals to shots ratio.

Ok what stats would you like to use ?

Back