• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

If Sherwood brought in one mature player in each position who had won stuff in the past im all for it.

Ashley Cole
Esteban Cambiasso
Miroslav Klose

All three of them will be free transfers come the summer, the experience and winning mentality they would bring would help the likes of Townsend, Bentaleb, Eriksen and Lamala no end, plus all three are still half decent players. I read an interview yesterday where Ledley King talked about how when Davids first signed his attitude was about winning and being 100% committed even in training.

if Sherwood wants PL proven players, then that just means he would rather take the safe option. From what he says, he wants proven experience, players who have seen it and done it, so of course players like Ferdinand, Lescott, Barry, Milner etc will be of interest to him. He has said on enough occasions that we have a quiet dressing room, not enough characters, so why wouldnt he be looking for exactly those types????

This isn't about those specific players.

This is about code.

And the code people are communicating when they mention those types of players is: "Sherwood wants a bunch of journeymen English hoofers with limited technical ability but loads of heart so we can clog it about in a 4-4-2 while Sherwood throws teacups in the dressing room."

That is what people are really saying whenever this stuff is trotted out. And it's EXACTLY the same thing that was said about Redknapp for exactly the same reasons at a time when he was putting out a thrilling team.

I think it's rather snide and sneaky, and neither fair nor backed up by evidence.

If Sherwood brought in one mature player in each position who had won stuff in the past im all for it.

Ashley Cole
Esteban Cambiasso
Miroslav Klose

All three of them will be free transfers come the summer, the experience and winning mentality they would bring would help the likes of Townsend, Bentaleb, Eriksen and Lamala no end, plus all three are still half decent players. I read an interview yesterday where Ledley King talked about how when Davids first signed his attitude was about winning and being 100% committed even in training.

Just a word of warning.

Hoddle attempted the same in his first season bringing in players like Sheringham and Poyet, all decent in their prime. The idea was that the experienced bunch would rectify any problems in the short term and then once a winning mentality had grown or things were stable then the kids could learn from their elders whilst being integrated into the team to help stabilise the club in the long term thus prevent any short termism or covering up the cracks.

We all know how it ended, whilst there wasn't much in the way of a younger generation with the wonder flops Milenko Ačimovič, Rohan Ricketts and Jonathan Blondel there wasn't much in the crocked older generation either. Who knows maybe it could succeed this time but we have to be very careful as such players could surprisingly turn out to be irreplaceable or kick up a fuss when the younger players want their turn.

This is about code.

And the code people are communicating when they mention those types of players is: "Sherwood wants a bunch of journeymen English hoofers with limited technical ability but loads of heart so we can clog it about in a 4-4-2 while Sherwood throws teacups in the dressing room."

That is what people are really saying whenever this stuff is trotted out. And it's EXACTLY the same thing that was said about Redknapp for exactly the same reasons at a time when he was putting out a thrilling team.

I think it's rather snide and sneaky, and neither fair nor backed up by evidence.

I agree

Just a word of warning.

Hoddle attempted the same in his first season bringing in players like Sheringham and Poyet, all decent in their prime. The idea was that the experienced bunch would rectify any problems in the short term and then once a winning mentality had grown or things were stable then the kids could learn from their elders whilst being integrated into the team to help stabilise the club in the long term thus prevent any short termism or covering up the cracks.

We all know how it ended, whilst there wasn't much in the way of a younger generation with the wonder flops Milenko Ačimovič, Rohan Ricketts and Jonathan Blondel there wasn't much in the crocked older generation either. Who knows maybe it could succeed this time but we have to be very careful as such players could surprisingly turn out to be irreplaceable or kick up a fuss when the younger players want their turn.

He wasn't building from a strong base though

This is about code.

Well said, sir.

Just a word of warning.

We all know how it ended, whilst there wasn't much in the way of a younger generation with the wonder flops Milenko Aimovi, Rohan Ricketts and Jonathan Blondel there wasn't much in the crocked older generation either. Who knows maybe it could succeed this time but we have to be very careful as such players could surprisingly turn out to be irreplaceable or kick up a fuss when the younger players want their turn.

Ironically, wasn't our Timmeh one of those kicking up a stink and ****ing up the club?

Threads like these are the reason I post less frequently than in the past. If you don't like/rate Sherwood then that's fine, I'm not sure if he's the right man for the job, but don't act like it wasn't already broken before and he simply took over from a man that was smashing it left, right and centre. We weren't scoring and we were leaking in goals for fun towards the end, and to be blunt we were lucky we didn't concede more goals earlier in the season with that suicidal high line.

Let's just wait and see what happens until the end of the season. Yes it may pinch like a new pair of shoes to the people that don't like English managers and can't stand Arry as we all know he's mates with the Redknapp family. But don't worry, you will get your wish in the summer when Levy appoints yet another foreign manager who will save us only for Levy to sack him after 18 months- 3 years.

Threads like these are the reason I post less frequently than in the past. If you don't like/rate Sherwood then that's fine, I'm not sure if he's the right man for the job, but don't act like it wasn't already broken before and he simply took over from a man that was smashing it left, right and centre. We weren't scoring and we were leaking in goals for fun towards the end, and to be blunt we were lucky we didn't concede more goals earlier in the season with that suicidal high line.

Let's just wait and see what happens until the end of the season. Yes it may pinch like a new pair of shoes to the people that don't like English managers and can't stand Arry as we all know he's mates with the Redknapp family. But don't worry, you will get your wish in the summer when Levy appoints yet another foreign manager who will save us only for Levy to sack him after 18 months- 3 years.

Sometimes holding up a mirror says more than I ever could...

Threads like this (blah.....)

If you like Timmeh, then fine. But don't act like he took over a broken club. We were solid at the back and unlucky not to have scored more.

Let's hope he's gone as soon as possible. It probably pinches like a new pair of shoes for those of you who hate foreign managers and think there's something special or unique about the Premiership - especially those who didn't get their jobs because they were owed one after 'Arry's son ****ed their business up.

But don't worry, Levy' s insular and small-minded too so he'll probably keep the YTS lad in charge. That Joe Cole's a triffic lad you know.

I did have an open mind towards Sherwood, very much 'wait and see.' But I've not seen a great deal of difference in performance between his side and that of AVB. For me, the games v Arsenal and City sum it up. We got hammered v City under both managers and we dominated possession with very little cutting edge (and also lost 1-0) against Arsenal under both.

If we can get Van Gaal in, we should imo. Sherwood hasn't shown enough thus far that he's capable of giving us any more than that d1ck AVB. There's more logic in gambling on Van Gaal than gambling on Sherwood coming good.

Sometimes holding up a mirror says more than I ever could...

Threads like this (blah.....)

If you like Timmeh, then fine. But don't act like he took over a broken club. We were solid at the back and unlucky not to have scored more.

Let's hope he's gone as soon as possible. It probably pinches like a new pair of shoes for those of you who hate foreign managers and think there's something special or unique about the Premiership - especially those who didn't get their jobs because they were owed one after 'Arry's son ****ed their business up.

But don't worry, Levy' s insular and small-minded too so he'll probably keep the YTS lad in charge. That Joe Cole's a triffic lad you know.

Complete bull****. Solid at the back? Conceding 3 to West Ham, 5 to Liverpool at 6 against Emirates Marketing Project? Sometimes I do wonder why the likes of Supporter, Park Lane James, Southstand and various others choose not to post here anymore but some of the comments on here make it plain to see why they don't.

Unlucky not to have scored more? Hmmmmmmm.

I'd say we were very lucky to have even gotten 15 in those 16 games. That tally included three penalties, an own goal, a Townsend cross and long range belters from Chiriches, Sandro and Holtby. Oh and a Kyle Walker free kick.

Complete bull****. Solid at the back? Conceding 3 to West Ham, 5 to Liverpool at 6 against Emirates Marketing Project? Sometimes I do wonder why the likes of Supporter, Park Lane James, Southstand and various others choose not to post here anymore but some of the comments on here make it plain to see why they don't.

The point was that what you posted was entirely opinion weighted by your cleat bias.

My post was no more or less ridiculous, just as far the other side of the truth as yours.

This is about code.

we were a thrilling team because of the likes of Modric and Bale who were already at the club. Yes Redknapp got the best out of them, but most of Redknapps actual signings were experienced PL based. Keane, Defoe, Crouch, Palacios, Chimbonda, Krancjar, Parker, Friedel, Gallas, Bassong, Pienaar.........2 who werent were Sandro and VDV and even then it seemed Redknapp took a while to be convinced they were the right buys. Yes i think by all Sherwood has said i get the impression he wants to and heart to the squad.Players who have gone the distance and are proven. Redknapp was the same, Sherwood is very similar to his mentor. if Redknapp was still here he would add Lescott, Barry and Milner to this squad im convinced. He wanted to sign Barry and Milner when he was at Spurs.

Commoli's contribution to that thrilling side we hark back to is often overlooked.

The point was that what you posted was entirely opinion weighted by your cleat bias.

My post was no more or less ridiculous, just as far the other side of the truth as yours.

Your post was just wrong. Solid at the back? Er no. ( See West Ham, Man C, Liverpool) Unlucky not to score more? Pah! See Rossi above.

I sometimes wonder what games you are watching.

Your post was just wrong. Solid at the back? Er no. ( See West Ham, Man C, Liverpool) Unlucky not to score more? Pah! See Rossi above.

I sometimes wonder what games you are watching.

We all have different views of the same games but some people have certain "vendettas" against certain players, managers etc.... I personally have been saying for a while that. Chaldi is awful and I've called him an oxygen thief and a model stealing a footballer life. Last week I commented on a spurs Facebook forum that I thought he had played really well the last few games and was turning it around and I got alter because I said I hated Chadli playing for us first. I hold my hands up i could have said something different bug hey I'm happy for Chadli to prove me wrong and my views are never "personal".

I'm nit Sherwood's biggest fan but whilst he is in charge I'll give him all the support I can. I hit why we sacked AVB, I didn't necessarily agree with it but I understood exactly why we did it and we will do it again and again unfortunately... Bug that's just spurs

It's funny how when TS criticizes his players for showing a lack of guts and fight, he is pillioried, not least by some on here.

Yet when Mourinho, one of the most successful managers of the current era, publicly questions his players courage and says they lack balls, no one questions his coaching or man-management abilities.

Just saying...:-"

Back