• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

It's funny how when TS criticizes his players for showing a lack of guts and fight, he is pillioried, not least by some on here.

Yet when Mourinho, one of the most successful managers of the current era, publicly questions his players courage and says they lack balls, no one questions his coaching or man-management abilities.

Just saying...:-"

One has a 14 year track record of getting it right, the other doesn't. Mourinho knows what he's doing and how to do it.

how often do posters on here pick up on and post about what other managers say in their press conferences?

the lengths some of you go to, to drag something out :lol:

how often do posters on here pick up on and post about what other managers say in their press conferences?

the lengths some of you go to, to drag something out :lol:

Completely agree. Some seem to care about how managers speak and come across more than the actual results they achieve.

I'm at the stage where I don't care who the manager is, he's not going to be able to pick the players he signs, the fans will get on his **** for something he said in a press conference 3 years ago and never let it go and whoever it is will get a negative net spend.

ha - i actually meant what other teams managers say in press conferences (as in why this stuff about what Mourinho has said in relation to what Sherwood has said)

Completely agree. Some seem to care about how managers speak and come across more than the actual results they achieve.

I'm at the stage where I don't care who the manager is, he's not going to be able to pick the players he signs, the fans will get on his **** for something he said in a press conference 3 years ago and never let it go and whoever it is will get a negative net spend.

And that is how you run a football club these days. It's nothing special about Spurs and we're not any more prone to sacking our managers than the vast majority of other clubs. Coaches and players are assets you buy and sell, or just get rid of if their presence is considered detrimental. I'm just happy we have an owner and a chairman who isn't draining the club's resources to enrich themselves or participating in some billionaire's **** measuring contest.

No matter how the new manager performs, the vast majority make their mind up before he's even taken charge of a game.

how do you come to that conclusion Rossi? Ive seen plenty of change in peoples perspective on Sherwood over the time he has been in charge, similarly with Redknapp and AVB - there's always a vocal minority on either side of the argument though and there are those who make the mistake of attributing the thoughts of a select few to everyone.

it seems to be the way message boards generally work. same arguments are taking place all over

Today's selection shows that TS is either supremely confident or a raving nutter hell bent on smashing this club to bits

He doesnt help himself by selecting the starting eleven's he does but **** me he isnt at fault for the players constantly making basic errors and not trying or being able to pass it 5 yards to another Spurs player

Every time we finish a game strongly and it looks like we might be on to something Sherwood starts ****ing about with our starting lineup again. He's either clueless or incapable of getting tactical instructions through to the players (quite possibly both). His man management skills are pretty much non-existant though. Not once have we started a game looking even half motivated or like we have a plan.

what a mistake sacking avb and appointing sherwood was.

the press should just get on levy's back and leave the players alone.

He doesnt help himself by selecting the starting eleven's he does but **** me he isnt at fault for the players constantly making basic errors and not trying or being able to pass it 5 yards to another Spurs player

You could argue that the inability to pick a midfield that protects the back line, invites the back line to make mistakes by putting it under pressure

I'm fed up of reading about trying to defend this idiot. He can take his excuses and show himself the door.

Please GHod let LVG be announced as soon as possible.

6 more games left thank GHod

Is this honestly Sherwood's fault that the performance is that bad though? The players have been at it all season.

It's his total lack of action today. Just sitting up in the stands doing absolutely sweet FA. Maybe he was on the phone to the touchline, but he should be down there.

Every time we finish a game strongly and it looks like we might be on to something Sherwood starts ****ing about with our starting lineup again. He's either clueless or incapable of getting tactical instructions through to the players (quite possibly both). His man management skills are pretty much non-existant though. Not once have we started a game looking even half motivated or like we have a plan.

We used to press quite well before YTS, now we just go charging at the player with the ball without covering any angles and leaving massive gaps. I don't know what he's telling them, but I had coaches in school who could do better.

You could argue that the inability to pick a midfield that protects the back line, invites the back line to make mistakes by putting it under pressure

That isn't relevant to 3 of the 4 goals. Only for Coutinho's goal could you argue it, and even then it wasn't that we didn't have covering players, it was that the players who were there just didn't close down, block or tackle.

Back