• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Incorrect Decisions thread

some from today for debate:

QPR vs WBA. I am sure the 2nd goal is a foul. Fortune is leaning into Green and preventing him from clearing the ball. Green is already behind the line but can't get forward and Fortune leans back. The goalkeeping is pathetic though. Ridgewell's handball should have been given as well.

Everton vs Wigan. Maloney's penalty appeal. MOTD are convinced it is a pen, I disagree. Osman (?) does have his leg out, but the player doesn't go over.. he actually steps on Osman's planted foot and slips. That isn't a foul.

Man Utd vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Evans' og. Tricky, interpretation of interfering with play. I think Cisse is, he is offside and as soon as his marker becomes involved in the play then by default Cisse is active because otherwise Evans doesn't have to do move. If the 'interfering' rule only considers a player active if he touches the ball then I think that is quite strange.

some from today for debate:

QPR vs WBA. I am sure the 2nd goal is a foul. Fortune is leaning into Green and preventing him from clearing the ball. Green is already behind the line but can't get forward and Fortune leans back. The goalkeeping is pathetic though. Ridgewell's handball should have been given as well.

Everton vs Wigan. Maloney's penalty appeal. MOTD are convinced it is a pen, I disagree. Osman (?) does have his leg out, but the player doesn't go over.. he actually steps on Osman's planted foot and slips. That isn't a foul.

Man Utd vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Evans' og. Tricky, interpretation of interfering with play. I think Cisse is, he is offside and as soon as his marker becomes involved in the play then by default Cisse is active because otherwise Evans doesn't have to do move. If the 'interfering' rule only considers a player active if he touches the ball then I think that is quite strange.

The WBA goal was a good call. Goalies get pampered far too much.

Maloney was looking for a pen, not a foul in my book.

The Evans own goal is tricky as you say. Cisse is interferring with play as he's grappling with Evans. Wasn't it Danny Blanchflower who said "if he's not interferring with play then why is he on the pitch"?

So you are now accusing him of feigning injury? that tackle by Delph was ridiculous (it wasnt a sending off but not far off). All players stay down and im sure its to signal to a ref that he has gotta watch out for those tackles and stop them.

I agree about going down without contact if a tackle wasnt made. If a tackle has been made and doesnt get the ball (doesnt have to get the man remember) then by definition that is a foul and free kick. Dont forget Jurgen - a tackle should make contact with the ball first anything else is irrelevant. A tackle doesnt have to make contact with a player for it to be a foul.

It was more of a comment about football and players in general today. It was a bad tackle, but he did manage to get up and play the rest of the game, until he was subbed. And as I mentioned before, Cazorla got coated on here for staying down and making sure Adebayor got a red card.

It was more of a comment about football and players in general today. It was a bad tackle, but he did manage to get up and play the rest of the game, until he was subbed. And as I mentioned before, Cazorla got coated on here for staying down and making sure Adebayor got a red card.

I know that sorry if it came across as harsh. He was hurt though it was a bad challenge. Everyone gets up after the initial pain and shock. Its like stubbing your toe - it kills and you start jumping around like a fudgein pansie but after a few minutes its all hunky dory.

To be honest Ade's was a red card all day long and thats just peoples bias talking. I would argue with an Arse fan to death that it wasnt a red card just cos im biased (also its very funny)

I really don't get this "man up" brick comments re Bale ... especially from our fans, two points

- How many of you have taken a really hard hit at full sprint?
- How many of us, have trained to be an athlete at a Sport for as long as you could remember? finally make it to where you are on the verge of being a true World recognized talent, have someone fudge you up with a tackle (can you imagine 3-4 months of rehab where you must be thinking am I ever going to be the same again? look at the amount of players an injury killed their top level ability)

And what, I'm supposed to take a hit to prove I'm a man? to who, a set of internet keyboard warriors and critics?

Fact is, both Lennon and Bale take way to many hits without proper ref protection.

But he did connect, and brought him down. Contact with the leg but not the ball does in my view if it brings him down.

I'm with Jurgen on this.

There was no need for Maloney to make contact with Osman's leg. Maloney made sure that there was contact with a, by then, stationary Osman. He was also on his way down before there was any contact.

Good decision by the ref, IMO.

I really don't get this "man up" brick comments re Bale ... especially from our fans, two points

- How many of you have taken a really hard hit at full sprint?
- How many of us, have trained to be an athlete at a Sport for as long as you could remember? finally make it to where you are on the verge of being a true World recognized talent, have someone fudge you up with a tackle (can you imagine 3-4 months of rehab where you must be thinking am I ever going to be the same again? look at the amount of players an injury killed their top level ability)

And what, I'm supposed to take a hit to prove I'm a man? to who, a set of internet keyboard warriors and critics?

Fact is, both Lennon and Bale take way to many hits without proper ref protection.

I'm not a professional athlete so I won't pretend I know what it's like to get tackled at premier league standard speed. But I have played football for over 20 years and I have been clattered plenty of times, although never seriously injured luckily. If anything, some of the tackles you see on a Saturday/Sunday league level are horrendous and far worse than professional standard, plus most players don't know how to time tackles correctly. But I'll say it again, why do Spurs fans not make the same excuses for scum players or for Luis Suarez, who also dives a lot, but also gets kicked to pieces and it's far to say refs don't protect him enough either?

I've commented of some of Bale's dives in the past and some posters have accused of being too harsh and they claim it's not always black and white, well you know what? It works both ways. People will assume that I want Bale to get his leg broken just because I don't want him to dive, which is gonad*s! Why would I want our best player to pick up a serious injury? Think about it. Of course, if a player is bearing down on Bale and is about to two foot him, then try your best to avoid it, but is diving the only way to avoid tackles?

Raziel, I don't want to put words into your mouth, but are you saying that you want Bale to go to ground every time a player attempts to tackle/foul him? If the answer is yes then you are going to have to accept that fact that Bale is going to accumulate numerous yellow cards, which will ultimately lead to suspensions.

Foy is in Stokes pocket. For whatever reason, his displays at the Britannia for three matches, including us, last year were abysmal.

I truly believe it will come out one day he was on their payroll.

I'm not a professional athlete so I won't pretend I know what it's like to get tackled at premier league standard speed. But I have played football for over 20 years and I have been clattered plenty of times, although never seriously injured luckily. If anything, some of the tackles you see on a Saturday/Sunday league level are horrendous and far worse than professional standard, plus most players don't know how to time tackles correctly. But I'll say it again, why do Spurs fans not make the same excuses for scum players or for Luis Suarez, who also dives a lot, but also gets kicked to pieces and it's far to say refs don't protect him enough either?

I've commented of some of Bale's dives in the past and some posters have accused of being too harsh and they claim it's not always black and white, well you know what? It works both ways. People will assume that I want Bale to get his leg broken just because I don't want him to dive, which is gonad*s! Why would I want our best player to pick up a serious injury? Think about it. Of course, if a player is bearing down on Bale and is about to two foot him, then try your best to avoid it, but is diving the only way to avoid tackles?

Raziel, I don't want to put words into your mouth, but are you saying that you want Bale to go to ground every time a player attempts to tackle/foul him? If the answer is yes then you are going to have to accept that fact that Bale is going to accumulate numerous yellow cards, which will ultimately lead to suspensions.

In answer to the first point, in bold above, I thought the Suarez 'challenge' with Begovic was very very similar in nature to the Adebayor/Cazorla situation. This time, Suarez got a yellow despite the ball being FURTHER from his potential reach. Webb was the ref on both occasions. At this point, it clearly depends on personal opinions. Mine is that given it did not lead to injury, and given it was nothing more than sloppy play from a forward, a yellow is the correct decision. Probably helped that Begovic was on his feet in moments because, err, he wasn't hurt.

As to the second point in bold, given what you term a 'dive' then yes, absolutely, 100%. And if that's what it means, then the game has it wrong. Because it basically means that cloggers trying to clog Bale will win. Essentially, if he is punished for avoiding bad challenges because refs won't book players/protect him enough, then it gives them the clear advantage and will become a tactic. I rue the day...

Bale's yellow card.

Hit in the knee and with a loose arm. Nope, that's a dive, obviously. And his 5th yellow so he's suspended. 3 of those have been fouls given as dives. Congratulations referees.

1356791376646.gif

Last edited:
Back