• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Incorrect Decisions thread

If we continue this run and keep on threathening the established so called "big four", this will become a massive, massive thread I fear.

In answer to the first point, in bold above, I thought the Suarez 'challenge' with Begovic was very very similar in nature to the Adebayor/Cazorla situation. This time, Suarez got a yellow despite the ball being FURTHER from his potential reach. Webb was the ref on both occasions. At this point, it clearly depends on personal opinions. Mine is that given it did not lead to injury, and given it was nothing more than sloppy play from a forward, a yellow is the correct decision. Probably helped that Begovic was on his feet in moments because, err, he wasn't hurt.

As to the second point in bold, given what you term a 'dive' then yes, absolutely, 100%. And if that's what it means, then the game has it wrong. Because it basically means that cloggers trying to clog Bale will win. Essentially, if he is punished for avoiding bad challenges because refs won't book players/protect him enough, then it gives them the clear advantage and will become a tactic. I rue the day...

And why don't you defend Suarez when he dives? He gets kicked to pieces also.

2 nailed on pens not given for Norwich at Upton Park by Clattenburg

Silva being fouled way outside the box then throwing himself in the box and a pen being given

Saudi Sportswashing Machine's Marveaux blatently dived in yesterday's match against Everton causing two Everton players to remonstrate with him. The ref was Atkinson who has booked Bale twice for diving. No card this time.
Marko Marin's leg breaker on Mbia last night punished only by a yellow. A tackle 10 times worse than Ade's challege with Corzola. Is it too much to have some parity in decision making from the refs?

some from today for debate:

Everton vs Wigan. Maloney's penalty appeal. MOTD are convinced it is a pen, I disagree. Osman (?) does have his leg out, but the player doesn't go over.. he actually steps on Osman's planted foot and slips. That isn't a foul.

Lame to bump your own post, I know.. but the Rooney/Caulker incident is the same as Maloney/Osman. Seems all the pundits (except David Pleat and Jon Champion on ESPN Asia, where I watched) said it was a foul and definite pen. The reason I quote this one above is that it's exactly the same. The ball goes, Caulker has already stepped across to cover, Rooney kicks his legs and goes over. That is not a foul! Rooney kicks him. Caulker doesn't *do* anything, he has already moved. Rooney runs into Caulker. If Caulker kicks Rooney it's a foul, if Caulker is behind Rooney and trips WR it's a foul. Otherwise Caulker is standing his ground. No foul.

And so much for Foy being a homer ref. Should have given a penalty to QPR yesterday.

Foy is a joke. Lets so much go when he shouldn't, blows for fouls when he should let it go.

Kagawa grabs Dembele round the collar, nothing. Kagawa grabs Parker, nothing. Lennon is running free after a foul, gives the free kick. Off the ball incident (not seen on TV either) and nothing, linesman should see though.

Back