• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Incorrect Decisions thread

Hotshot-Tottenham

Edgar Davids
No, not Danny's transfer policy... a roll call of wrongly called goals by the officials, and how it affects results, panning out over the season. Does it really 'equal itself out??'

Feel free to add in any that I miss.

Was thinking of clearly incorrect offside goals or onside goals not given (where the other players haven't stopped due to the whistle), pens wrongly given that are converted... over / not over the line etc and the impact on the score.

So, to begin... can only think of the Chelsea Torres goal. Let me know if there have any others so far.

Arsenal
+ 1 goal, Arteta offside v QPR, 27.10.12. End up winning 1-0 when it would have been a draw.
Total points loss / gain so far = + 2.

Aston Villa

Chelsea
+ 1 goal, Torres offside v Reading 22/08/12. Was the 3rd goal in a 4-2 win, so the winner. Potentially + 2 points.

- 2 pens against QPR, 15/09/12. Got to think they would have scored at least 1, so missing out on 2 points. Ended 1-1.

-1 goal, Hernandez was offside for his winner, ended 2-3. Would have been 2-2. -2 points.

Total points loss / gain so far = -2

Everton
Umm, well then... TWO goals wrongly disallowed v Saudi Sportswashing Machine 17/09/12. Would have won 4-2. Ended 2-2. -2 points.

Suarez was onside when he scored what would have been the winner 28.10.12. Ended 2-2. + 2 points for Everton.

Total points loss / gain so far = 0

Fulham

Liverpool
Pen given against Johnson for a non-foul on Valencia on 23/09/12. Converted for Man U to win 2-1.

Suarez was onside when he scored what would have been the winner 28.10.12. Ended 2-2. - 2 points for Everton.

Total points loss / gain so far = -3.

Emirates Marketing Project
The Crouch handball for the Stoke goal vs City 15/09/12. Game ended in a 1-1 draw, so - 2.
Total points loss / gain so far = -2

Manchester United
Pen given against Johnson for a non-foul on Valencia on 23/09/12. Converted for Man U to win 2-1.

+ 1 goal, Hernandez was offside for his winner, ended 2-3. Would have been 2-2. + 2 points.

Total points loss / gain so far = +4.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Got away with murder v Everton 17/09/12 with 2 goals against wrongly not given, so ended 2-2 rather than 4-2. + 1 point.

Ba's handball 2nd goal v Reading, 29/09/12. Ended 2-2, would have been 2-1. + 1 point.
Total points loss / gain so far = + 2.

Norwich City

Queens Park Rangers
2 pens not given against QPR v Chelsea, 15/09/12. Got to think Chelsea would have scored at least 1, ended 1-1 so + 1 point for QPR.

The Arteta offside goal when playing at the gooners, 27.10.12. End up losing 1-0 when it would have been a draw.

So, -1 point for QPR.

Total points loss / gain so far = 0

Reading
- 1 goal, Torres offside 22/08/12. Was the 3rd goal in a 4-2 win, so the winner. Potentially -1 point had they gone on to draw.

Ba's handball 2nd goal v Reading, 29/09/12. Ended 2-2, would have been 2-1. - 2 points.

Total point loss / gain so far = -3

Southampton

Stoke City
The Crouch handball for their goal vs City 15/09/12. Game ended in a draw, so + 1.
Total points loss / gain so far = + 1

Sunderland

Swansea City

Tottenham Hotspur

West Bromwich Albion

West Ham United

Wigan Athletic

Last edited:
Can't think of any howlers so far besides the Torres offside goal. But I'm sure this will change and Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project and United will benefit from it more than the rest of the clubs.

Yea, Gallas was offside when he headed it back to Vertonghen.
cG8Ky.jpg

Was he offside? I didn't see the game or the goals, but that's the first I've heard anyone mention him being offside, even in media reports I've read, or the text commentaries.

Was he offside? I didn't see the game or the goals, but that's the first I've heard anyone mention him being offside, even in media reports I've read, or the text commentaries.
Espn mentioned it more then a few times. Yes he was offside and the goal shouldn't have stood.

Espn mentioned it more then a few times. Yes he was offside and the goal shouldn't have stood.

Like I said, I didn't watch the game so wouldn't know what ESPN said !

Fair enough, was it blatant then? We'll need 3 or 4 more of those decisions to go for us this season in order for it to even up Adebayor'S hattrick +1 of goals last season blatantly incorrectly ruled out for offside.

This thread could be quite depressing come the end of the season!

Fans of every club out there do this to themselves and conveniently ignores the situations they benefitted from. If everyone finished where they "should", the top half of the table would get crowded.

Back