• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Incorrect Decisions thread

So are we all going to ignore the fact that we've had decisions go our way this season so far?

Defoe goal vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine was offside, Reading should have had a pen, I swear Norwich should have had a blatant pen? , United should have had a pen.

Who's ignoring it?

Nani should have had a pen yesterday. Don't remember Defoe's goal being offside. Norwich and Reading both should have had pens.

not ignoring at all, and like JTG, remind me of the JD offside?

won't include pens that aren't given as you can't be sure that it will be converted. this thread is for things that materially affected the result, ie, ball over the line but not given, goals wrongly ruled out for offside, handled goals etc...

this isn't a Spurs-centric thread, genuinely trying to see how many results are affected by incorrect decisions, whether that means we benefit or not... not whitewashing anything.

Who's ignoring it?

Nani should have had a pen yesterday. Don't remember Defoe's goal being offside. Norwich and Reading both should have had pens.

Well it hasn't been mentioned in a thread titled "incorrect decisions thread".

3 penalties that should have been awarded against us and an offside goal that we were given (Defoe's goal was offside vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine). So 4 big decisions have gone our way in 6 games. That's the sort of favouritism that teams like Chelski and united are used too.

Last edited:
not ignoring at all, and like JTG, remind me of the JD offside?

won't include pens that aren't given as you can't be sure that it will be converted. this thread is for things that materially affected the result, ie, ball over the line but not given, goals wrongly ruled out for offside, handled goals etc...

this isn't a Spurs-centric thread, genuinely trying to see how many results are affected by incorrect decisions, whether that means we benefit or not... not whitewashing anything.

Of course you have to include the penalties that should have been given. Yes they might not have been converted but that doesn't mean it's not an incorrect decision..and a big one at that.

Defoe was offside for his goal vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine. They showed countless replays and he was clearly offside.

btw Hotshot you're now saying you won't include pens but you posted this in your earlier post on here..

"Queens Park Rangers
2 pens not given against QPR v Chelsea, 15/09/12. Got to think Chelsea would have scored at least 1, ended 1-1 so + 1 point for QPR.

Total points loss / gain so far = + 1"

seems like you'll ignore pen call regarding us if it benefits us but you'll mention it when talking about other games?

"Manchester United
Pen given against Johnson for a non-foul on Valencia on 23/09/12. Converted for Man U to win 2-1.
Total points loss / gain so far = +2."

?

btw Hotshot you're now saying you won't include pens but you posted this in your earlier post on here..

"Queens Park Rangers
2 pens not given against QPR v Chelsea, 15/09/12. Got to think Chelsea would have scored at least 1, ended 1-1 so + 1 point for QPR.

Total points loss / gain so far = + 1"

seems like you'll ignore pen call regarding us if it benefits us but you'll mention it when talking about other games?

that is a fair point but my reasoning was that because it was TWO pens not given, for me, it tipped the balance on that occasion, so i decided to include it on the probability (imo) that they would have scored at least one of the two.

just trying to keep it balanced as best i can.

and no, you've got the wrong end of the stick mate. i'm not trying to prove a pre-conception, genuinely trying to log an as accurate as possible record of bad decisions.

obviously it's subjective but it's just meant to be a bit of fun! :)

Of course you have to include the penalties that should have been given. Yes they might not have been converted but that doesn't mean it's not an incorrect decision..and a big one at that.

Defoe was offside for his goal vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine. They showed countless replays and he was clearly offside.

my thread my rules :lol:

like i say, i'm just trying to include incidents that definitely affected the score (like goals wrongly given / not given). we can't be sure that a pen will be converted, so generally, not including not-given pens.

honestly, don't remember the JD offside, is there a link or a still of it anywhere? happy to include it if it was.

that is a fair point but my reasoning was that because it was TWO pens not given, for me, it tipped the balance on that occasion, so i decided to include it on the probability (imo) that they would have scored at least one of the two.

just trying to keep it balanced as best i can.

and no, you've got the wrong end of the stick mate. i'm not trying to prove a pre-conception, genuinely trying to log an as accurate as possible record of bad decisions.

obviously it's subjective but it's just meant to be a bit of fun! :)

mate it doesn't matter if it was 10 pens you're still going on probability.

I get that it's meant to be a bit of fun but it would make much more sense to include all the key decisions. We're the first to complain and feel hard done by when it goes against us so lets admit we've had a large chunk of luck with the decisions so far this season (you watch the reaction on here when a bad pen call goes against us). Hopefully we continue getting this 'luck'.

mate it doesn't matter if it was 10 pens you're still going on probability.

I get that it's meant to be a bit of fun but it would make much more sense to include all the key decisions. We're the first to complain and feel hard done by when it goes against us so lets admit we've had a large chunk of luck with the decisions so far this season (you watch the reaction on here when a bad pen call goes against us). Hopefully we continue getting this 'luck'.

which is why i don't want to include pens that aren't given as it's not a definite. i just think in the case where City were denied 2 pens that that is an exceptional circumstance so i decided to include that.

it's not an exact science, just an indication...

Arsenal have had 2 penalties in recent weeks that were both dives.

Indeed they have. The Arsenal Way. Can't win properly, take a cheap fall and win a penalty.

A few moments later Kone had a chance to go over too and didn't, his shot was saved. Cheaters never prosper, well.. they do in football.

Gareth Barry's goal? I see both sides, Barry was charging in and Shorey stopped.. but Barry does climb on him after Shorey stopped. Could Barry have reached the ball without going over the top of Shorey? or could Barry have stopped his run? I doubt it on both counts. Should be a foul.

Back