• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

From KingFresh on FTL

Button Sold to Charlton
Lloris in, coaching staff are quite unhappy about selling Button. They want one of the first team keepers gone and Button to replace.

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Well, it's all over the internet that we've agreed a fee.

So its up to Lloris to decide! 3 weeks ago Lloris was pushing for the move but we couldnt agree a fee!

Since then we have struggled in our first two games of the season and sold Modric, that wont help.

A lot of french players tend to phone the National Coach before a move. Asking them what they think. I have no doubt that Deschamps would tell him to stay in France.

But i think he wants the move. The turning point was he wasnt on the team sheet for the first game of the season. He clearly had his mind on a move.

im gonna confirm POTL' post.

numero uno has arrived. i mean, it is 2 days till window shuts

We can rubbish POTL all we want, but him and Akqayid have been saying Lloris all the way this summer.

Whereas JJset said it wouldnt happen, and has now changed his mind since the Lyon chairman spoke...

would destroy the locker room, complete utter pshycho
ha is he really? never heard that. McFadden really doesn't suit us but surprised other teams haven't come in for him he is a good player imo

I just logged in to join in the chorus and call POTL a dingdongh*ad

POTL has said something about Dark Blue, before that he was away for most of the summer.

Fergie has tried to turn him into a DM, but from people who's followed his career I've heard he might be better suited further forward.
Yeah was about to say - He's been playing an unnatural position for the last five or so years. I think he's more of a number 10 than anything.

POTL has said something about Dark Blue, before that he was away for most of the summer.

Yeah it was "The Journalist" and Aqua that have been saying Lloris all summer.

one thing that concerns me about Dembele is that he is simply the flavor of the day, looked like a world beater last season and so far this season, but before that I knew nothing of him. Main thing is that Huddlestone was the exact same player 3 years ago, people were talking about United coming in for him etc. Since then he has not progressed and only gotten worse and been very injury prone. I want Dembele, but maybe 15m is a bit insane

There is a bit more to it than that. Hughes brought him as a striker, where he clearly looked impressive but didnt produce the goods. Then he spent a season and a half being switched between wings and up front. Wasnt entirely productive but was that good he couldnt be left out.

Wasnt until the second half of last season that Jol put him in CM and he absolutely flourished. And this season he has continued in that same vein. £15m is a snip, IMHO. And I dont think he is flavour of the month at all.

Ahh, thanks! I see he has only cottoned on a day later than all of us non-ITK's.....

As he claims to be ITK, then by definition that makes us all ITK if we knew a day before him of the Lloris deal.

I'm off to open a twitter account.

not really impressed with afellay. never have been

More from KingFresh -

Button has been at spurs years and wants to be part of the first team squad. Coaching staff are livid that they have put such time and effort into a player who is just being let go because we cant sell the others. For the record they really feel Button will be a top keeper. I have not seen him much so have no idea.

Back