• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

I think he's a player that reacts on instinct. Coming from the lower leagues that is more likely to be physical, sometimes rash, challenges and clearing the ball as far up the field as possible. Can perhaps be a bit too nice or maybe naive at times, doesn't do the dirty stuff that the likes of Terry (just of the top of my head, there are many others) get away with. The little nudges and shirt pulls that make it more difficult for the attacker. Think it's too late to start making massive changes to his game now.
I can't quite agree with him being too nice, he's actually one of the few who can have a go at the referee, although not nearly in the Terry division luckily. Maybe his boyish look makes him look too nice? Only problem (for me at least) is, what do one expect from a player of his stature at the club? Relatively speaking and massively IMO of course, he's too old and have been too long at the club to be lead by a youngster (Verthongen, Caulker) - not that anyone of those have shown such ability yet anyway - and being touted as captain even less so. But if he is willing to put team before pride (which I think he will), he's a keeper in my book.

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

[video=youtube;CA4hw9c0gPY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA4hw9c0gPY[/video]

one thing that concerns me about Dembele is that he is simply the flavor of the day, looked like a world beater last season and so far this season, but before that I knew nothing of him. Main thing is that Huddlestone was the exact same player 3 years ago, people were talking about United coming in for him etc. Since then he has not progressed and only gotten worse and been very injury prone. I want Dembele, but maybe 15m is a bit insane

So how many seasons do you give him before he's no longer flavour of the day and acknowledge he's a very good player? Teams knew about him after the first half of last season, he's still doing it now. There is no way this guy is a flash in the pan, he can get around the pitch and has a ridiculous amount of skill - using Huddlestone as an example is quite an insult to the guy IMO....

The Rennes Chairman has just said that there is nothing new with M'Vila. And that the player might not move.

Lequipe seem to think that we've pulled out but Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are still keen.

Entre de bonnes mains. Numero un.

POTL

one thing that concerns me about Dembele is that he is simply the flavor of the day, looked like a world beater last season and so far this season, but before that I knew nothing of him. Main thing is that Huddlestone was the exact same player 3 years ago, people were talking about United coming in for him etc. Since then he has not progressed and only gotten worse and been very injury prone. I want Dembele, but maybe 15m is a bit insane

So we've moved on from flavour of the month to flavour of the day have we? :)

I may have to update my location.

Freebies: Gordon, Hahneman, Salgado, Diao, Gabbidon, Bouba Diop, Reo Coker, Grella, Gardner, Hargreaves, Bodde, Owen, Heskey, Klasnic, McFadden, Carew

Freebies: Gordon, Hahneman, Salgado, Diao, Gabbidon, Bouba Diop, Reo Coker, Grella, Gardner, Hargreaves, Bodde, Owen, Heskey, Klasnic, McFadden, Carew

Klasnic on a free wouldn't be a bad shout could be good cover for us

T minus 80 hours and counting.

Back