• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your point is totally and utterly wrong imo and i'm still of the opinion that you haven't actually seen him play much. Because he sometimes starts or takes up the same position pedro does, it doesn't make them similar players. it's like saying Vidic and Agger are similar players simply because they play in the same position. no scrap that...it's like saying vidic is similar to a player that plays rb/cb because he sometimes plays cb (say Richards).

Pedro and Adrian are totally different. That's why one is trusted to lead the line at times for club and country and the other wouldn't be trusted to lead the line if he was the last footballer on earth.

When has Adrian ever lead the line for Atletico? Not sure if you know, but they have this other striker, he's pretty good. I do think you're going way overboard with your apparent admiration for him, he was a very unpopular signing at the time, he's had a good season, set up a lot of goals for their striker and chipped in with a couple himself.

When has Adrian ever lead the line for Atletico? Not sure if you know, but they have this other striker, he's pretty good. I do think you're going way overboard with your apparent admiration for him, he was a very unpopular signing at the time, he's had a good season, set up a lot of goals for their striker and chipped in with a couple himself.

He has occasionally and done so for Spain as well

I'm done with this because neither will win.

You say Adrian is a similar player to pedro who has never lead the the line for Atletico. I say he's nothing like Pedro and has led the line and also partnered falcao centrally many times. I hope an English team signs him simply so others will see your comparison as totally bogus.

Because there's a beast of a striker ahead of him

Ahead of him in what context? Positionally or their standing in the squad?

If Adrian has "lead the line" and played upfront with Falcao as you and KD are claiming then why does Falcao have 24 in 34, whereas poor old Adrian has 7 in 35? Falcao "steals" all the chances does he? There are two ways to interpret the above facts - one being he's just not very good, or the other being he doesn't actually play where you and KD are claiming very often. The correct answer is the 2nd option but I'm happy enough to play along.

I would say both to the first question

He was immense in Europe and got around 11 goals, iirc and 19 for the season overall - not a bad return at all for a second striker, imv

And that is just one option, buddy

Most likely no - at least not for the reported 15m

Why do you say that? I think 15 mil would be more than a fair price for Leandro. I'm still not sure that we are big enough to attract him (still think Milan is a good bet), but if we can get him for 15 mil, I think we have to take that chance. He can be the focal point our squad desperately needs. Then you can start talking about outside forwards like Adrian or Pedro (both of which would be immense, if unlikely signings)

Let's sign Affellay and Sturridge - to give us more competition and quality on the wings. Move Bale into the center - he could cause a lot of problems and is a good finisher. Oh oh Bale plays on the left. Bale scores goals so lets put him in the middle to double his total. His air/heading play is improving, super fast and strong, and I believe he can hold up the ball if asked.

A risk but I'd take that risk and we can sign the other players with ease. Go with the Spain no true striker mold and not allow the CB to post up agaist a true CF. Lets move those CBs around the park. Drag them out of position tire them out.

I'd also take a shot at a signing or loan for Tello or Rafinha from Barca. (let the trashing of my ideas begin)

I'm still positive that we'll spend this summer. If Levy had told AVB at his interview that there was a chance of Modric leaving this summer and spending would be limited to what transpired with him, I could see AVB walking away from talks. The guys stock in Europe is still very high where they don't have the culture of fail once and your finished unlike here. He also has a reputation that he wants to continue to develop, and Levy stating there will be no money until the new stadium so you'll have to do your best to fight for 4th for the duration of your contract would not have impressed him.

I have no doubt there is money and a list has been drawn up, but they'll let the money clubs finish their business first to prevent inflated transfer/wage fee's then see who's left on the list to swoop in and get value for money.

If he's lead the line so many times, then why does he have a 1 in 5 record mr hotshot?

Read my post again. I said he leads the line and has also partnered Falcao many times which means i'm considering it two different positions. When he partners Falcao he usually plays just off him but again your weirdo comparison with pedro will expose you once people actually get to see him more.

A second striker, so not leading the line then. Thanks. We got there in the end.

I said he occasionally led the line - what are you on about?

He has played as a forward many a games

I can only suggest - perhaps watch him more.

And please reveal your association with JJetset. For the good of this thread

Back