• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So he leads the line and plays with Falcao but scored 7 in 35. Doing your argument the world of good here KD.

Why do you say that? I think 15 mil would be more than a fair price for Leandro. I'm still not sure that we are big enough to attract him (still think Milan is a good bet), but if we can get him for 15 mil, I think we have to take that chance. He can be the focal point our squad desperately needs. Then you can start talking about outside forwards like Adrian or Pedro (both of which would be immense, if unlikely signings)

Mate - considering the figures paid for Oscar and PSG's alleged 35m bid for Mourra - I'd say Internacional wouldn't want to play ball for anything under 22-25m, imv. Else he'd just stay put and wait for a better offer in the future

Rossi, as suggested earlier - perhaps it would come down to who is prettier for you - Pedro or Adrian. Cast your preference and let's end this debacle

So he leads the line and plays with Falcao but scored 7 in 35. Doing your argument the world of good here KD.

He's scored 19 goals last season but tbh you contradict yourself so much on this board it's hard to even debate with you.

one minute you're sick and tired of people talking about itk's and then you bring them up..again and again.

one minute you "find it funny" that people use wiki stats to judge a striker and state you prefer strikers that offer more to the team....now you go on and on about 7 in 35 as if it's confirmation he doesn't play as a striker.

As i said it's impossible debating with you as you change the goalposts depending on what suits your argument.

It's funny because Del Bosque himself said he had to make a decision of who to take to the Euros between Pedro and Adrian, no idea why it would be one or the other when they're SUCH different players.

Arcs - I like both players, Pedro is out of our league so I'd be happy with Adrian coming in as a wide forward.

Notice how Rossi is suddenly referring to him as a second striker. This is the same poster that only today claimed he's similar to pedro and only yesterday claimed he wasn't a striker and plays on the right.

I think it's madness to believe Chelski would sell us Sturridge. If I were them I wouldn't, especially as AVB gets the best out of him. I hoe, in the end, AVB decides to go with Ade as I think he is absolutely the best striker freely available to us right now. Of course I'd take one more of the quality of Lewandowski or a Klose-type, but I cannot see it happening. If we only brought in Ade and Modric was forced to stay/played like he did last season - professionally and well- I would be absolutely fine. The Hudd is like having a new player, and I believe AVB will get a lot of Dos Santos; the latter is a player who needs lots of technical instruction/coaching, and I think AVB is a coach who can give him that/get the best from him/get him to flourish...

It's funny because Del Bosque himself said he had to make a decision of who to take to the Euros between Pedro and Adrian, no idea why it would be one or the other when they're SUCH different players.

Arcs - I like both players, Pedro is out of our league so I'd be happy with Adrian coming in as a wide forward.

wow.

Notice how Rossi is suddenly referring to him as a second striker. This is the same poster that only today claimed he's similar to pedro and only yesterday claimed he wasn't a striker and plays on the right.

To be fair - I made the 'second striker' reference and he/she simply picked on that

He's scored 19 goals last season but tbh you contradict yourself so much on this board it's hard to even debate with you.

one minute you're sick and tired of people talking about itk's and then you bring them up..again and again.

one minute you "find it funny" that people use wiki stats to judge a striker and state you prefer strikers that offer more to the team....now you go on and on about 7 in 35 as if it's confirmation he doesn't play as a striker.

As i said it's impossible debating with you as you change the goalposts depending on what suits your argument.

12 of the 19 being in the Europa League - not quite the same quality they'll meet weekly in La Liga. I don't know where the arrogance has come from where only you can watch another team's games? Because finding Atletico games is like finding a Lithuanian 4th division under 17s game right? I can't possibly turn on Sky or ESPN and see them ...

Using stats to back up an argument is fine, using stats as your sole argument isn't. I've given you two choices, how can such a talented central striker who either leads the line or plays upfront alongside Falcao only get 7 in 35? Anyone who doesn't watch him would just see 7 in 35 and think GHod he must be crap if he's playing upfront like good old KD says he always does. Yes, I've said before, stats aren't everything, but 1 in 5 when his so called strike partner isn't far off 1 a game? Something is wrong there.

Atletico vs Bilbao - Europa League final. Adrian played on the right, surely you wouldn't tinker with your team like that for your most important game of the season KD?

Back