• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
you compared his style of play to Pedro? well then i apologise Rossi and you're the one that's wrong.

No - I did no such thing - simply noted 19 goals is a good return for someone who'a played mostly as 2nd striker next to a superior player

Rossi, give over, fella - Adrian is a good forward who can play anywhere along the last line, and would improve our team substantially. A true no-brainer investment signing if remotely possible

I find this funny(nothing against you) but you have one half of posters on here who are basically all about the wiki, the more you've got, the better u are. Then you have the other half who claim how important Ade is to our all round game and isn't just about the numbers, personally I'm in the latter category. Maybe Damiao would out score Ade, but he won't do half as much outside of the 18 yard box.

btw this is jjetset/Rossi's post just today...and yes it's the same guy as the one now using Wiki stats regarding goal return to prove his point.

Mate - considering the figures paid for Oscar and PSG's alleged 35m bid for Mourra - I'd say Internacional wouldn't want to play ball for anything under 22-25m, imv. Else he'd just stay put and wait for a better offer in the future

Whoops, missed your point there. I thought you were saying he wasn't worth the outlay. It seems like a deal could be struck around the 20 million mark (17-22), and it seems like Interncaional are ready to sell. They have a huge wage bill, and according to Tim Vickery, they would be ready to sell. I think at Adebayor's huge wages, plus his lack of resale value, around 20 million for Damiao would be a decent price. The more valuable Oscar went for around 25 million, so I think a bid of about 20 million will do the trick.

Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne
#Llorente confirms he want to leave, but clearly no #Arsenal move if#RVP stays. Club were keen I know that.
RVP out, Llorente in

Spanish double by Wenger, wouldnt be surprised in the slightest

This thread actually has no itk in it, just tinkled off peple who use it to argue and bitch about everything!
Lots of rumours on twitter but what's the point of postng them in here??

Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne
#Llorente confirms he want to leave, but clearly no #Arsenal move if#RVP stays. Club were keen I know that.
RVP out, Llorente in

Spanish double by Wenger, wouldnt be surprised in the slightest

My word - we should be in there as soon as possible if this is even remotely true!

So what if he is/ does? Stop acting like a child ffs

eh? it's not contradictory to state that he finds it funny that people do that and people shouldn't judge a striker based on goals from wiki...then decides to go on wiki and post up goal stats to prove a point.

Anyway i take everything you say with a pinch of salt now after stating you won't support Sahin in a spurs shirt because he's Turkish. That was probably the most childish and ignorant comment on this thread so please don't lecture me about acting like a child.

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/fernando-llorente-comunica-athletic-desea/20120807dasdasftb_21/Tes

fudge Ade, fudge everyone else we were thinking about - we should be spending our remaining budget on making this guy a Tottenham player. Nowhere else will we find a player with his combination of technical and physical ability to lead our front line.

I think I will cry if Arsenal get him.

Arsenal getting Cazorla and Llorente would be frankly a disaster. Considering our desperate need for a striker if we have not already been in contact with Bilbao before now then someone needs to be flogged.

Edit: Though it's probably not Arsenal we need to be worried about if Llorente is on the market. Plenty of other suitors.

An update from Duncan Castles:

THFC are increasingly confident of agreeing a deal to bring Brazil centre forward Leandro Damiao to White Hart Lane before the start of the Premier League season. Internacional have been looking for a fee of between €20 and €25million for the aerially adept striker, who has established himself as a regular for his national team in the past year.

While Daniel Levy has been reluctant to commit such a significant sum to any one transfer before completing Luka Modric's sale to Real Madrid, a severe shortage of attacking personnel has forced Tottenham's chairman to sanction advanced negotiations for the Brazilian. Andre Villas-Boas, who has been frustrated by preparing his first season at the club with just one experienced striker, is pushing for a rapid resolution.

The new coach's agent, Carlos Goncalves, is understood to have flown to Brazil to work on the transfer of a player Tottenham first attempted to purchase last year only to baulk at the demands of Inter and Damiao's agents. Villas-Boas has also accepted that his first choice for the position, Robert Lewandowski, is unattainable with Borussia Dortmund asking €30m for the free scoring Poland international.

As for Llorente, lets be realistic - It doesn't hurt to try but there will blatantly be bigger teams than us in for Llorente if he is indeed available. There aren't many strikers like him out there on the market....

Who is Duncan Castles exactly?

Freelance sports journalist for The Sunday Times, The National, Sports Illustrated, etc etc.

Think he has a good rep in the jounalist world and doesn't spout brick for the sake of it. He also goes on to say that any deal for Damiao doesnt end our interest in Ade.

An update from Duncan Castles:

THFC are increasingly confident of agreeing a deal to bring Brazil centre forward Leandro Damiao to White Hart Lane before the start of the Premier League season. Internacional have been looking for a fee of between €20 and €25million for the aerially adept striker, who has established himself as a regular for his national team in the past year.

While Daniel Levy has been reluctant to commit such a significant sum to any one transfer before completing Luka Modric's sale to Real Madrid, a severe shortage of attacking personnel has forced Tottenham's chairman to sanction advanced negotiations for the Brazilian. Andre Villas-Boas, who has been frustrated by preparing his first season at the club with just one experienced striker, is pushing for a rapid resolution.

The new coach's agent, Carlos Goncalves, is understood to have flown to Brazil to work on the transfer of a player Tottenham first attempted to purchase last year only to baulk at the demands of Inter and Damiao's agents. Villas-Boas has also accepted that his first choice for the position, Robert Lewandowski, is unattainable with Borussia Dortmund asking €30m for the free scoring Poland international.

If this happens i will eat 20 hats and 5 lizards :eek:

As for Llorente, lets be realistic - It doesn't hurt to try but there will blatantly be bigger teams than us in for Llorente if he is indeed available. There aren't many strikers like him out there on the market....

We certainly are in with a chance and it helps that none of the 'bigger' clubs in world football bar AC Milan and maybe Chelsea are in need of a striker.

Back