• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are obviously unaware of past precedent here, - but to be quite frank with you - I couldn't give a little fudge how many agree with me or what the general accepted status quo states - keeping in mind those are often based on a-contextual statistics from fan-boy blogs. Back in the middle ages those in the minority burnt alive in public. I rather stop here and avoid an infraction.

No I really don't think they were, especially considering the season before that we was deployed further forward - but seeing that you have found you weekly point to disagree with me on - I rather not bite any further. It is obvious why Jol has accommodated him in such a way and he was no different while playing in Holland.

If you think he is a playmaker material in the Modric mould - little to add really

I'm not sure what the season season before or his time in Holland has got to do with how well he was playing in a deeper position. But it's widely recognised that he's been a mini revelation since the change.

I can't help it if I disagree with you, it's nothing personal. Other people are disagreeing with you about this also.

The majority of stats are very much based on the individual, the only categories where Walcott prevailed(ignoring that he played almost double that of Lennon) is in goals and assists, but then you'd expect that considering he's playing more as a forward and has one of the best strikers in the world to provide, whereas we only had a striker on par with Artem Milevskiy, well according to someone .... Regardless of stats I base my opinion on what I see on the pitch, but I wasn't surprised to see that they confirm what I thought.

You are obviously unaware of past precedent here, - but to be quite frank with you - I couldn't give a little fudge how many agree with me or what the general accepted status quo states - keeping in mind those are often based on a-contextual statistics from fan-boy blogs. Back in the middle ages those in the minority burnt alive in public. I rather stop here and avoid an infraction.

hah.

why such strong aversion toward others opinions? and whats your opinion based on then? whats wrong with having your opinion and stating it? theres no need to get offended by something someone says on a message board. people have different opinions. its simple. no need to let it get to you

as for transfer rumours, any news on Lloris today? I'm not so sure its really a huge need at this point

The majority of stats are very much based on the individual, the only categories where Walcott prevailed(ignoring that he played almost double that of Lennon) is in goals and assists, but then you'd expect that considering he's playing more as a forward and has one of the best strikers in the world to provide, whereas we only had a striker on par with Artem Milevskiy, well according to someone .... Regardless of stats I base my opinion on what I see on the pitch, but I wasn't surprised to see that they confirm what I thought.

You cannot compare wide forwards and wingers - any statistical analysis from here onwards would be flawed and very far from anything objective. It's a simple point which is often ignored because both play out wide and use pace to beat their man. Not sure how else to explain this - but seeing that public opinion bears considerable significance to you - others agreed with me on that. So it must be semi-right. Right? o_O

hah.

why such strong aversion toward others opinions? and whats your opinion based on then? whats wrong with having your opinion and stating it? theres no need to get offended by something someone says on a message board. people have different opinions. its simple. no need to let it get to you

as for transfer rumours, any news on Lloris today? I'm not so sure its really a huge need at this point

You seem to have quoted the wrong post, fella - it is Rossi-fan who suggested my opinion is 'wrong' because the majority disagreed on a particular point so they must be 'right'. I simply pointed out the significance of that in my every-day life. I enjoy all input but I'm also prepared to argue a point

You seem to have quoted the wrong post, fella - it is Rossi-fan who suggested my opinion is 'wrong' because the majority disagreed on a particular point so they must be 'right'. I simply pointed out the significance of that in my every-day life. I enjoy all input but I'm also prepared to argue a point

No, no. I never said your opinion was wrong. I said it's wrong of you to dismiss and accuse posters of almost baiting you into an argument just because you don't agree, which I find to be a peculiar stance considering you were very much on your own with regards to Dembele. The same as the other day where I gave my opinion on the list of strikers you provided and all I get back is a ":ross:", yet the following posters were in agreement with me so I guess my opinion wasn't all that laughable, it may well have been to you but you could at least offer more than a smiley in return.

Going back to that post - you suggested Sturridge was a 'left footed Defoe' and Llorente is worth 'around 30m' and Adrian 'is not a striker'

I had a long day (Sunday) and found this light-hearedly amusing. Subsequently I debated the point with someone else. We can go over it again, if you wish?

Going back to that post - you suggested Sturridge was a 'left footed Defoe' and Llorente is worth 'around 30m' and Adrian 'is not a striker'

Sturridge is a striker(something you've been telling everyone in this thread) but a very greedy one, he has one thing in his mind, which is SHOOT. Very much like Defoe, but left footed. I think he's technically skilled(more than Defoe), athletically there isn't much between them albeit Sturridge is taller(he's hardly know for his aerial qualities though). I said Llorente would cost "25m+", why wouldn't he? Bilbao fancy giving him away? Do you know something that I don't? As for Adrian, he isn't a striker, where does he play for Atletico? You think he'd be suited to playing up top on his own in our team? He's a similar player to Pedro.

Suggesting someone is a 'left-footed Defoe' implies they share an identical skill set - something which is largely untrue, imv. Sturridge is considerably more versatile and potentially a great attacking player

The Lion is valued at around 17-19m and on around 1/3 of our maximum wages.

Adrian is a wide-forward / centre forward. Not sure where this whole debate came from regarding playing upfront on his own. He can play upfront and does so rather well

My post was a response to someone who asked for similar targets to Ade on similar fees - all 3 of the above would improve our team considerably and add another dimension to our attacking play. Adrian and Sturridge hold massive potential and could well double in price over the next few years - a sound investment with little chance of depreciation. As for Llorente - we all know the ability he possesses - our optimum target on just about every level.

Dembele had a change of position in the second half of last season, a deeper midfield role, and it worked very well for him and for Fulham.

yes, up to that change, he has always played further forward. But so what, arent players allowed to change roles at any time in their careers?

But so what, arent players allowed to change roles at any time in their careers?

Of course they are - no one is disputing that. It's the suggestion he has transformed into some magical playmaker maestro who could replace Modric in an instant which I cannot understand. Modric is a poor-man's Pirlo in number of ways. Now imagine Dembele as that player - simply not the same mould, mate

He's valued at 17-19m, do you have a source for this or am I to take that as gospel? The whole debate regarding playing upfront on his own was surely implied when you gave a list of alternatives to Ade? We all know we're not going to be playing two centre forwards so that's the only logical conclusion. I'd be in favour of signing Adrian, but as a right forward who can occasionally play off Ade(or whoever we sign as our main CF), but not as the central striker himself. As for Sturridge, he has some good qualities and some bad qualities, there are better players out there. Call me gay but I also like seeing us sign players I like, Sturridge comes across as an arrogant dingdonghead, perfectly suited to his current club I would say.

Saw Adrian lead the line against Morroco in the Olympics, he wasn't earth shatteringly good but I think he could do a really good job as the front man in a 4-3-3, not your standard target man but think he'd be a good option. Can't believe he went for free last year....

Adrian a similar player to Pedro... I've heard it all now.

Ahhh, not quite as concise as Arcs' smiley reply but of the same ilk. Do you have anything to counter my point or any comparitive suggestions of your own or are you happy to leave it at that? If so then 7 in 35 is making your case for him being a great central striker a tad weaker.

Back