• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The impression I got from people who went to Spurs reserve games (when he was in charge) - was that he was pretty clueless and would just shout and swear from the touchline.

Begs the question - what did Liverpool offer him?

[...]

Perhaps the new management set up is trying to be really strict now?

I know Liverpool still have a bigger matchday income than us, but at some stage the money-men at Anfield will have to readjust the club's budget based on no longer regularly qualifying for the Champion's League. Could be they decided to do that this season... which means Rodgers could be under orders to reduce the wage budget.

So until they cut back on some of their own deadwood, Liverpool may not be in a position to offer big contracts.

I know Liverpool still have a bigger matchday income than us, but at some stage the money-men at Anfield will have to readjust the club's budget based on no longer regularly qualifying for the Champion's League. Could be they decided to do that this season... which means Rodgers could be under orders to reduce the wage budget.

So until they cut back on some of their own deadwood, Liverpool may not be in a position to offer big contracts.

Do they have bigger match-day income than us? Their stadium is a tad bigger but I would have thought that our ticket prices would be quite a bit higher; most scousers are unemployed car thiefs after all. We probably get more corporate revenues as well dont we?

Believe it's their sponsorship deals and worldwide commercial interests that keep them ahead of us financially - eventhough it's very close these days.
Our matchday income is greater, Liverpool need almost twice as big stadium and fill it to compare with the London clubs.
There's no money in the city of Liverpool and they struggle with it, Everton even more so.

JAN VERTONGHEN'S move to Tottenham is back ON — according to Ajax boss Frank De Boer.

Belgium defender Vertonghen claimed yesterday that his £14million switch to White Hart Lane had stalled.

But De Boer insists his side are close to reaching an agreement with Spurs for the transfer of the 25-year-old.

He said: "We're very close but if the deal isn't done, Jan must start his training next week with us.

"Eventually, I expect the deal will be done. I expect everything will be alright."

JAN VERTONGHEN'S move to Tottenham is back ON — according to Ajax boss Frank De Boer.

Belgium defender Vertonghen claimed yesterday that his £14million switch to White Hart Lane had stalled.

But De Boer insists his side are close to reaching an agreement with Spurs for the transfer of the 25-year-old.

He said: "We're very close but if the deal isn't done, Jan must start his training next week with us.

"Eventually, I expect the deal will be done. I expect everything will be alright."

Crikey this is becoming an on/off saga of Peter Andre - Katie Price proportions!

If Clive Allen's gone, then he at least deserves thanks for spotting Almunia's tendency to frequently advance too far off his line. Mentioned it to the players before Harry's second game, bringing an immediate dividend - David Bentley's deliberate and accurate volley from 44 yards for the opening goal of the famous 4-4 away draw.

Croatia international striker Mladen Petric signs for Fulham. "It has always been one of my wishes to come here."

Croatia international striker Mladen Petric signs for Fulham. "It has always been one of my wishes to come here."

From his Wiki: Upon joining fulham he was quoted as saying "I'm pleased that I'be joined the biggest and most ambitious team in west london. Those hooped tossers are a load of six fingered inbred pricks"

:ross:

Back