• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pablo on COYS:

re VDV

good news. He stay!
from the horse's mouth..

and Big Willy G is moving across the city

JAN VERTONGHEN'S move to Tottenham is back ON — according to Ajax boss Frank De Boer.

Belgium defender Vertonghen claimed yesterday that his £14million switch to White Hart Lane had stalled.

But De Boer insists his side are close to reaching an agreement with Spurs for the transfer of the 25-year-old.

He said: "We're very close but if the deal isn't done, Jan must start his training next week with us.

"Eventually, I expect the deal will be done. I expect everything will be alright."

14 million?

Big Willy to QPR???? that would be my guess, and AVB breathes a huge sigh of relief as Willy was at Chelsea when AVB was making the tea and preparing the dvds for The Special One

Big Willy to QPR???? that would be my guess, and AVB breathes a huge sigh of relief as Willy was at Chelsea when AVB was making the tea and preparing the dvds for The Special One

Yes. Makes sense on a few levels, especially if Vertonghen is coming too. I assume Ledley is staying for another season so a pool of Kaboul,Vertonghen,Dawson,King and Caulker is pretty decent

As was Cudicini and he's staying. :~

i was kidding

anyway, Cudicini was quite supportive of AVB in the press recently....Not sure if he will be staying though, still think Spurs will look for a younger keeper and then either Brad or Cudicini might be released

Yes. Makes sense on a few levels, especially if Vertonghen is coming too. I assume Ledley is staying for another season so a pool of Kaboul,Vertonghen,Dawson,King and Caulker is pretty decent

I don't like the look of that at all.

Ledley should retire. Or, at least, only play cup games.

And assuming that AVB is our new manager, Dawson will encounter exactly the same problems adjusting to the new tactics as John Terry did last season. So that writes him off as a first choice. That would leave us with only Vertonghen (who is, as yet, untested in English football) and Kaboul. Caulker is a very promising player but I still see too much rawness and too many rookie mistakes in him. He needs time. I wouldn't want to rely on him should either of our first choice centre backs be injured for a long period.

So, all in all, unless we have other centre back signings lined up, I'd rather Willie G stayed.

I don't like the look of that at all.

Ledley should retire. Or, at least, only play cup games.

And assuming that AVB is our new manager, Dawson will encounter exactly the same problems adjusting to the new tactics as John Terry did last season. So that writes him off as a first choice. That would leave us with only Vertonghen (who is, as yet, untested in English football) and Kaboul. Caulker is a very promising player but I still see too much rawness and too many rookie mistakes in him. He needs time. I wouldn't want to rely on him should either of our first choice centre backs be injured for a long period.

So, all in all, unless we have other centre back signings lined up, I'd rather Willie G stayed.

If the manager, I sadly feel Daws will be the odd one out...a feeling I have...we were talking about this just the other night...

Caulker has pace on his side if AVB comes in, he likes to play that high line. Caulker and Kaboul could work very well together.

Caulker has pace on his side if AVB comes in, he likes to play that high line. Caulker and Kaboul could work very well together.

I think that he will continue to play with pace at the back, but I am hoping he has learned his lesson with the high line. Premiership teams get the ball forward early, and a lot of the mid-table sides play direct. A high line effectively plays straight into their hands.

Can we get the exact same table but for total wages over the years? Would be interesting see how far we drop and how high le arse are?

i find it funny that people rarely take wages in to account when discussing these things - for me wages and transfer fees go hand in hand and id say including wages Arsenal would have significantly outspent us during Wengers reign

of course they are entitled to spend that money on wages if they keep it within their means

I would like to see AVB go with a back 3 every so often. Something like this possibly:

---------- Adebayor ---------
Bale ----- VdV ---- Lennon
----- Gylfi --- Modric ------
---------- Sandro -----------
Verts - Kaboom - Caulker
-- Mr. Sweeper-Keeper --

When all 3 are fit. If he's anything like Pep. And if Modric stays. And if Ade signs. And if Gylfi signs. And if Verts signs. And if we can find the all elusive Sweeper-keeper. And if AVB is our new manager... of course

I would like to see AVB go with a back 3 every so often

I would like to see some evidence that AVB is our manager

And evidence that Vertonghen and Sigurdsson are Spurs players

And all the other 'meltdown' flimflam

That's what I get for looking at another site (SC) whilst Glory-Glory was down

High expectations and a lowered IQ

So does everyone still think Caulker will be happy sitting on the bench?

He's played 1 season in the PL for swanswa FFS. He's not Paulo Maldini. I think Caulker has potential but I do think that a lot of people on here are getting a bit carried away with him. THere's no reason why he should be a starter for us next season - should be one of a 5 CBs in the squad

Classic case of taking half a stat and trying to make a story out of it

Table is only relevant when you consider +cost to buy play +cost of wages

When you do that, I'd be very surprised if the top 5 is not in fact Manure/City/Cheat$ki/Scum/Pool, and Barcodes/Villa may surprise as well

Back