• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My impression previously, when he wasnt involved in the first team, was that he was well regarded. Would also probably help AVB or whoever the new guy is to have some continuity

I've heard some pretty bad stories about Allen

i find it funny that people rarely take wages in to account when discussing these things - for me wages and transfer fees go hand in hand and id say including wages Arsenal would have significantly outspent us during Wengers reign

of course they are entitled to spend that money on wages if they keep it within their means

To omit wages is a gross misrepresentation.

Case in point is Sol Campbell: a free transfer, so - in this list, he wouldn't show up as an 'investment'. However, Arsenal made him the first £100,000 a week footballer; that's a commitment of over £5m a year. Similar with Cesc Fabregas; they poached him from Barcelona by paying him £15,000 a week as a 16yo. They did the same with Jermaine Pennant, Aaron Ramsey and the latest: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlaine; offering wages which are disproportionate to what these kids have achieved, purely to blow everyone else out of the water.

Wenger is lauded-up as a genius, and the characterisation is something of a swinging miser. Complete fallacy; as outlined, he throws brickloads of cash at wages, and yet it's never recognised as the significant investment that it is. The irony, of course, is when Arsenal fans moan of teams like Chelsea & Emirates Marketing Project inflating wages, and players like Fabregas & Nasri being 'greedy cúnts' yet - sorry gooners - but your acquisition policy has a significant element of 'blow everyone out of water by offering stupid wages'. So, don't try and have your cake and eat it.

If he's not a starter then he should go on loan.

Brilliant logic

I agree

I can't see anything wrong with that statement at all Rossi22

You are right

You are so, so right

If he doesn't start, he should go on loan

Brilliance

Sheer brilliance

Brilliant logic

I agree

I can't see anything wrong with that statement at all Rossi22

You are right

You are so, so right

If he doesn't start, he should go on loan

Brilliance

Sheer brilliance

Because he is our future, you don't risk harming the future of the club. After an entire season of Premier League football you don't stick him on the bench and risk stalling his progression, he's at an age where he must be playing week in, week out. But whatevs, keep being a condescending pr!ck.

Because he is our future, you don't risk harming the future of the club. After an entire season of Premier League football you don't stick him on the bench and risk stalling his progression, he's at an age where he must be playing week in, week out. But whatevs, keep being a condescending pr!ck.

If he's our third choice i reckon he'll learn more than he would going on loan to another club.

Being a CB is all about knowing what your partner is going to do in different situations. The only way to learn is to play next to them. He won't learn anything about how kaboul and 'Vert' play being at a different club.

JAN VERTONGHEN'S move to Tottenham is back ON — according to Ajax boss Frank De Boer.

Belgium defender Vertonghen claimed yesterday that his £14million switch to White Hart Lane had stalled.

But De Boer insists his side are close to reaching an agreement with Spurs for the transfer of the 25-year-old.

He said: "We're very close but if the deal isn't done, Jan must start his training next week with us.

"Eventually, I expect the deal will be done. I expect everything will be alright."

Think I saw those quotes a couple of days ago ! Just like the Vertoghen quotes about staying at Ajax for another year are a week old as well.

Press are just recycling quotes to make a story.

All the tabloids will be rerunning the same AVB, Vertonghen and Modric stories every day now until there's a conclusion.

Premier League wages from 2007-2010 can be found here: http://www.myfootballfacts.com/PremierLeagueFinances.html

And the figures for 2011 here: http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine...age-totals-revealed-where-does-your-club-rank

In 2007-08:

1. Chelsea - £149million
  2. ManU - £121m
  3. Arsenal - £101m
  4. Liverpool - £80m
  5. Saudi Sportswashing Machine - £75m
  6. Portsmouth - £55m
  7. Emirates Marketing Project - £54m
  8. Tottenham - £53m
In 2010-11:

1. Chelsea - £174million
  2. Emirates Marketing Project - £133m
  3. Man Utd £132m
  4. Liverpool - £121m
  5. Arsenal £111m
  6. Aston villa £80m
  7. Tottenham £67m
  8. Everton - £54m

I think that he will continue to play with pace at the back, but I am hoping he has learned his lesson with the high line. Premiership teams get the ball forward early, and a lot of the mid-table sides play direct. A high line effectively plays straight into their hands.

i made this observation as well. this AVB's main undoing at chelsea - the high line that the chelsea defence didn't know how to cope with. the high line that forced the midfield players to compress play when they weren't comfortable. the high line that gave torres no space to run in to. you could say he didn't have the right players to play to his style. but he was really stubborn in trying to force that system down the throats of the chelsea players.

WILLIAM GALLAS could be on his way to West Ham.

Hammers chiefs are trying to sign Tottenham’s experienced French centre-half.

And Spurs would be only too happy to offload Gallas, 34, on a free transfer despite their intense local rivalry with West Ham.

Hammers boss Sam Allardyce needs more defenders with proven track records following the club’s promotion to the Premier League via the Championship play-offs.

He has also released former Stoke centre-back Abdoulaye Faye, 34, while 31-year-old Danny Collins has gone back to the Potters after a loan spell at Upton Park.

Managerless Spurs are still hoping to sign Belgium defender Jan Vertonghen from Dutch champions Ajax to play alongside Michael Dawson or Younes Kaboul, so Gallas is surplus to requirements.

Dutch legend Clarence Seedorf is also wanted by Hammers chief Allardyce, who is a long-term admirer of the veteran midfielder.

Former Real Madrid, Inter Milan and AC Milan star Seedorf, 36, has made it clear he would like to play in the Premier League.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4400439/William-Gallas-transfer-West-Ham-want-Tottenham-defender.html

Grrrrrrr!

Premier League wages from 2007-2010 can be found here: http://www.myfootballfacts.com/PremierLeagueFinances.html

And the figures for 2011 here: http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine...age-totals-revealed-where-does-your-club-rank

In 2007-08:

1. Chelsea - £149million
  2. ManU - £121m
  3. Arsenal - £101m
  4. Liverpool - £80m
  5. Saudi Sportswashing Machine - £75m
  6. Portsmouth - £55m
  7. Emirates Marketing Project - £54m
  8. Tottenham - £53m
In 2010-11:

1. Chelsea - £174million
  2. Emirates Marketing Project - £133m
  3. Man Utd £132m
  4. Liverpool - £121m
  5. Arsenal £111m
  6. Aston villa £80m
  7. Tottenham £67m
  8. Everton - £54m

Portsmouth in 2007-08???

:eek:

No wonder....

so our wages did creep up over the years. that's the cost of maintaining world class talents i suppose.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine seems to be running a tight ship now with their excursion down and up the leagues, but villa on the other hand - how do they keep their finances going?

Back