• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
link or it didn't happen.

Sahin wants Real stay

Turkish ace does not want to leave Spain

By Graeme Bailey - Tweet me: @skygraemebailey. Last Updated: June 28, 2012 1:00pm

The Turkish midfielder joined Real last summer in a €10million deal from Borussia Dortmund, but he failed to make any sort of impact on Jose Mourinho's title-winning side.

The 23-year-old started just two league games, and he has been linked with a move away from the club.

Most recently it was suggested he could be offered to Tottenham as part of their move for Modric.

However, Sahin insists he wants to stay at the Santiago Bernabeu.

"Since I arrived here, it has been like living a dream," he is quoted as saying by Fichajes.

"It is one of the best clubs in the world and for this reason I do not see why I should go. I have no intention of leaving."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7846905/Sahin-wants-Real-stay

ok i've read it...doesn't say much but him not wanting to leave which is understnadable. Real will simply push him so who cares if he does or doesn't wanna go.

How exactly would they 'push' him?

He has a contract and has to agree to any deals even loans

Easy..

Real Madrid : You have to leave

Sahin: No i don't want too

Real Madrid : Look you imbecile if you stop us from getting Modric we'll make sure no big club touches you with a bargepole

Sahin : but please i have a 4 year contract

Real Madrid : Mourinho doesn't like you, we won't name you in our 25 man squad for the season, now fudge off you money hungry jerk

Sahin : "The vision and dedication Tottenham showed in aquiring me plus the 13290372178 kebab shops on the High road is why i'm here today" (press conference).

Easy..

Real Madrid : You have to leave

Sahin: No i don't want too

Real Madrid : Look you imbecile if you stop us from getting Modric we'll make sure no big club touches you with a bargepole

Sahin : but please i have a 4 year contract

Real Madrid : Mourinho doesn't like you, we won't name you in our 25 man squad for the season, now fudge off you money hungry jerk

Sahin : "The vision and dedication Tottenham showed in aquiring me plus the 13290372178 kebab shops on the High road is why i'm here today" (press conference).

I like you, but you're crazy

I appreciate that, it was the first comparisont that sprang to mind. American owners do tend to try and operate on sound business principles from what Ive seen.

They do indeed, though it is difficult to make comparisons to American sports. In all major American sports leagues, there is a closed universe of teams and owners who own the league itself, so they make the rules. There is no FIFA or UEFA. There is no relegation or promotion.

It is based on a system that protects and rewards the team owners, because they also happen to be the league owners. There are also collective bargaining agreements in place with players unions. So there are salary caps, luxury taxes paid to other teams if you exceed those caps, the last-place teams each year typically get first pick in the university drafts the following season (and so in effect are rewarded for finishing last by being able to choose the best players coming out of university), any transfer of a team's ownership must be approved by the league and by the other owners, all teams have "minor league" clubs where they can train and bring players up through the ranks, all of which is intended to increase competitiveness among all teams, avoid longstanding dynasties, etc.

All that allows baseball teams to stay within budget (although the Red Sox are still among the top five big-spending teams I believe), to value statistics and constantly bring up rookies, limits big-name players from moving around team-to-team, etc. It remains to be seen whether that strategy can be applied to the Premier League where those financial and competitive restraints are not in place.

Can we get the exact same table but for total wages over the years? Would be interesting see how far we drop and how high le arse are?

eh? Mourinho rates Granero faaaaaaaar more than he does Sahin.

really???

considering he never signed Granero, has given him the odd appearance here and there over the last 2 years, and this in comparison with Sahin who Mourinho signed last summer for 10 mill, gave the lad a 6 year contract, and would have played more but suffered with injuries last season, i really dont know how you can come to the conclusion that Mourinho rates Granero faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more than he does Sahin

Looks like everything shaping up for the new manager to be announced, and I would imagine Levy being smart would not annouce players before manager, so im going AVB in next 72 hours, Gylfi mon-wed and Vertonghen before end of next week

Back