• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
my guess is that the Yanks dont rate him as high as Rodgers. I think also that Liverpool have been burned with silly wages, Joe Cole and that bold headed striker they had :~

this is a bit of silly money to spend on wages, we are currently offloading and can spend that money, especially if the new manager beleives in this signing

my guess is that the Yanks dont rate him as high as Rodgers. I think also that Liverpool have been burned with silly wages, Joe Cole and that bold headed striker they had :~

this is a bit of silly money to spend on wages, we are currently offloading and can spend that money, especially if the new manager beleives in this signing

True, with Kranjcar and Corluka gone we should have some space...

The only thing that makes sense to me is the Americans trying to wrangle control of the finances etc.

Could start a Levyesque policy of wage caps, (normally) sell before you buy, young appreciating players, management/buying by commitee...

Beyond that - how can we be signing actual players without a manager - i.e. who chooses/makes the call on what we need/need to have?

Christ knows. All I know is that AVB, Sig and Vertonghen are signing in the next 36 mins, but might be 58 mins.

The one we don't even have at the moment while the name everyone has assumed is signing branded everything as 'lies' in the only interview to date which featured actual quotes from the human being himself?

How does he tell Levy which players to buy? Via sms? :lol:

d-boy - Sgrsn - 2cool2handle mst av. plz, avb xxo

Hugs and kisses to Levy.
Ha. Very good.

The only thing that makes sense to me is the Americans trying to wrangle control of the finances etc.

Could start a Levyesque policy of wage caps, (normally) sell before you buy, young appreciating players, management/buying by commitee...

This is not so much "Levyesque" as it is "FSGesque" - it is what FSG has been doing with the Red Sox for almost a decade. (During which, coincidentally, they won their first championship in 86 years and another three years later)

It is interesting that they won't outbid us on Siggy, they could clearly offer us more money overall but it depends on that players status in the squad. If they are going to sign a player they deem to be key and undroppable, they probably wouldn't hesitate to give him the big money. But with Gerrard and Aquilani there, where does Siggy fit into them? He probably won't be more than a rotation option, and if we are offering him regular starts, he'd rather come here.

Brendan Rodgers.....I want to buy Siggy

Werner/Henry.....what position does he play

BR.....midfield

W/H......so what about Lucas, Adam, Spearing, Gerrard, Henderson, Aquilani, Shelvey, Sterling, Downing, Cole, Rodriguez

BR....so i guess thats a no then

This is not so much "Levyesque" as it is "FSGesque" - it is what FSG has been doing with the Red Sox for almost a decade. (During which, coincidentally, they won their first championship in 86 years and another three years later)

I appreciate that, it was the first comparisont that sprang to mind. American owners do tend to try and operate on sound business principles from what Ive seen.

Because they don't conisder him the second coming of Andreas Moller - as a guess?

And we do? I dont think so. He is a 22 year old player that looks quality and likely to appreciate, its Levy 101.

However, Rodgers is obviously a big fan. A new manager at a club (ordinarily) with financial clout who immediately identified this player - and yet they back off from getting him. I think its odd.

And talk of Aquilani? Really? He hasnt settled here at all, they will offload him first opportunity IMO. Hasnt even set Italy alight despite it being his native league, and never looked at all comfortable here

Brendan Rodgers.....I want to buy Siggy

Werner/Henry.....what position does he play

BR.....midfield

W/H......so what about Lucas, Adam, Spearing, Gerrard, Henderson, Aquilani, Shelvey, Sterling, Downing, Cole, Rodriguez

BR....so i guess thats a no then

Thats what Im thinking, management by commitee, business principles...

Back