• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not heard this from anywhere else today. Has anybody else tweeted/reported/confirmed it?

No but the good thing about this ITK is that is pretty clear - no 'will be signing' or other stuff which can be backtracked from - papers submitted to the FA and PL. A done deal

No but the good thing about this ITK is that is pretty clear - no 'will be signing' or other stuff which can be backtracked from - papers submitted to the FA and PL. A done deal

Totally agree. A lot of the stuff is pretty much, yeah whatever, pinch of salt. But that tweet had a very positive vibe to it

And as I tried (and probably failed) to impress upon you was that while he indeed could work and is a quality player (never any argument) who could well work ok in the system (again never any argument) would he be *as good* as an ideal lone front man?

IMO, and explicit NO. So it seems foolhardy to go for a compromise while there is still time to get the 10/10 made for the system man.

Also, as an aside, Im not sure there is a significant difference in style to Defoe. Accepted he has a bit more about him, more quality, but essentially you have in each a slightly built finisher, and not a terrific amount else.

Defoe is widely accepted as not a fit for the style of play being implemented. Even after Saturday, after scoring there was plenty of comment to the effect "Adebayor and Modric instead of Defoe and Livermore and we would have swept them away"

So why would Hernandez represent progression for the side? Even as 100% improvement on Defoe (not convinced) would he actually be worth it?

all this Hernadez talk seems rather pointless - can't see Sir Al selling him anytime soon - Berbatov will be moved on though and a player id take in a heartbeat for the money

What do you guys think about Adam Johnson? I wasn't a huge fan of where he fit until I thought about it today. This lineup looks pretty tasty for games against lesser sides. And when we go up against the big guns, we can easily slot Parker in for Johnson/Lennon and move Siggurdson forward. GS would rotate w/ VDV in this system.

-------------Friedel----------------
Walker---Kab---Vert---------BAE
--------Sandro-----Siggy---------
Lennon---Bale------------Johnson
----------Ade-------------------

And as I tried (and probably failed) to impress upon you was that while he indeed could work and is a quality player (never any argument) who could well work ok in the system (again never any argument) would he be *as good* as an ideal lone front man?

IMO, and explicit NO. So it seems foolhardy to go for a compromise while there is still time to get the 10/10 made for the system man.

Also, as an aside, Im not sure there is a significant difference in style to Defoe. Accepted he has a bit more about him, more quality, but essentially you have in each a slightly built finisher, and not a terrific amount else.

Defoe is widely accepted as not a fit for the style of play being implemented. Even after Saturday, after scoring there was plenty of comment to the effect "Adebayor and Modric instead of Defoe and Livermore and we would have swept them away"

So why would Hernandez represent progression for the side? Even as 100% improvement on Defoe (not convinced) would he actually be worth it?

I already explained (previously) why in my view he is nothing like Defoe - besides the apparent superiority

You see it as a compromise - I see it as options, overall squad quality imvprovement and tactical versatility (upfront)

Not going down this loop again, nope

all this Hernadez talk seems rather pointless - can't see Sir Al selling him anytime soon - Berbatov will be moved on though and a player id take in a heartbeat for the money

Even if he did fancy a move, he wont once he has spoke to Gio.... Forget about it..

What do you guys think about Adam Johnson? I wasn't a huge fan of where he fit until I thought about it today. This lineup looks pretty tasty for games against lesser sides. And when we go up against the big guns, we can easily slot Parker in for Johnson/Lennon and move Siggurdson forward. GS would rotate w/ VDV in this system.

If we signed Johnson, I think that he would be in as cover/replacement for Lennon

Hernandez is now 3rd choice target man for ManU. RVP and Wellbeck are 1 and 2. Rooney sometimes play there as well.

He plays on the left, he plays on the left, Gareth Bale he plays on the left!

If we signed Johnson, I think that he would be in as cover/replacement for Lennon

rotate Bale, Lennon and JOhnson. Mid-case no of games per season: 38 PL games + 10 EL + 4 FAC + 4 CC = 56 games =112 winger starts. Thats 37 each for 3 wingers plus sub appearance plus internationals....thats enough

I already explained (previously) why in my view he is nothing like Defoe - besides the apparent superiority

You see it as a compromise - I see it as options, overall squad quality imvprovement and tactical versatility (upfront)

Not going down this loop again, nope

"Options" suggest squad unit, not first 11 starter. Cant see him going for that, nor can I see us thinking it worth getting him in in that capacity

Have we re-signed Nourredine Naybet or is that just Kyle Walker looking old?

2i7pnyq.jpg

Honestly Im just not a fan. He has no sense and no team ethic.

Lots of skill, no doubt, and will get goals (the odd spectacular) but he just doesnt contribute IMo and spends to much time running up blind alleys

Aquayid

Love love the way that you give people news/bits/snippets for them to take it as they will. We all know Ade was at training this morning,

His papers registered this morning with FA and PL, even a fudging couple of photos taken.. And no announcement, now don't get me wrong .

But I'm not the board, I'm not Daniel Levy and I don't run the OS. So no Need for the abuse

He's a barbie girl, in a barbie wooooorrrld.

"Options" suggest squad unit, not first 11 starter. Cant see him going for that, nor can I see us thinking it worth getting him in in that capacity

It does not suggest that at all - look at SAF's management of his strike force over the years - quite possibly the most successful example of optimum squad roation

Are you honestly suggesting having only one good striker, playing the exact same formation, week in and out as the optimum solution? Besides the fact we'd be easily found out - what if 'he' is injured or suspended. Or the opponent requires a 'special' touch. Sorry, not buying that logic. Isn't that one of the main reasons Arry was rebelled against in the end?

Back