• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It does not suggest that at all - look at SAF's management of his strike force over the years - quite possibly the most successful example of optimum squad roation

Are you honestly suggesting having only one good striker, playing the exact same formation, week in and out as the optimum solution? Besides the fact we'd be easily found out - what if 'he' is injured or suspended. Or the opponent requires a 'special' touch. Sorry, not buying that logic. Isn't that one of the main reasons Arry was rebelled against in the end?

I honestly believe talk of "options" is talk of plan B, second choice etc.

I honestly believe continuity is king.

I honestly believe "we'd be easily found out" is wishful thinking on your part to support your fondness of Hernandez.

I honestly believe he could do a decent job for us, but would be far from optimal

I am not suggesting only one striker at all. Never have.

Harry was rebelled against in part because of his mouth and behaviour, and in part because he was lacking the ability to step up sufficiently when it came to it IMO. Not sure what that has to do with not wanting Hernandez

He was rebelled against (in some instances) for lack of Plan B

Plan B is not second choice - plan B is an alternative solution to a problem - in this case defeating our opponent. Different strategy in chess if your will, not secon best.

I honestly feel we are arguing past each other (different things even) here so I'll call it in

Honestly Im just not a fan. He has no sense and no team ethic.

Lots of skill, no doubt, and will get goals (the odd spectacular) but he just doesnt contribute IMo and spends to much time running up blind alleys

Johnson has real talent but I agree with you about the team ethic. Cannot see him working hard enough to get into an AVB team.

I don't think it is fair to suggest options equals plan B. Beside I am not really sure what plan A means. In either case AVB needs the opportunity to build his team, and time is running out to do that in relation to a few key areas.

Johnson is the new Joe Cole. Incredibly high opinion of himself and always trying to do it himself when a simple pass would suffice.

Johnson is the new Joe Cole. Incredibly high opinion of himself and always trying to do it himself when a simple pass would suffice.

If he played on the left he'd just be able to cross the ball, as he insists on playing on the right he comes inside all the time and thus has to do something special which usually doesn't come off

He was rebelled against (in some instances) for lack of Plan B

Plan B is not second choice - plan B is an alternative solution to a problem - in this case defeating our opponent. Different strategy in chess if your will, not secon best.

I honestly feel we are arguing past each other (different things even) here so I'll call it in

What is "second choice" if not "not a first 11 option"? The suggestion is you have a way to play, and when it doesnt work you wheel out "plan B"

Not at all - Plan B is a different strategy against certain opponets, games, etc. Minor variations to the team could equate to a completely different result with another striker in the team. Again - look at SAF's ways

Perhaps your view of Plan B is one of 'oh brick, this doesn't work - roll out Plan B' whereas for me is - 'Hmmm, this could be a tricky game - let's go with Option 2 and try and hit them on the flanks, etc.' 2 is better than 1 when it comes to attacking options, imv. In fact - 2 is often too little.

Paul Thorning ‏@pthfcning
A striker is scheduled for a medical tomorrow. It's not Ade, he's already signed.

In answer to questions says: not spanish, not Damiao and not Edin Dzeko

Not at all - Plan B is a different strategy against certain opponets, games, etc. Minor variations to the team could equate to a completely different result with another striker in the team. Again - look at SAF's ways

Perhaps your view of Plan B is one of 'oh brick, this doesn't work - roll out Plan B' whereas for me is - 'Hmmm, this could be a tricky game - let's go with Option 2 and try and hit them on the flanks, etc.' 2 is better than 1 when it comes to attacking options, imv. In fact - 2 is often too little.

How often is your plan B employed? How does it impact the ideas of continuity in the team and its playing style?

Absolutely no idea mate, but says he is a GP. Doesn't appear he does this kind of thing often but I cannot be sure on that so just me passing on info. He just said he is from Bundesliga? (Sorry Arc this was meant to be in response to you, quote lost somewhere).

Absolutely no idea mate, but says he is a GP. Doesn't appear he does this kind of thing often but I cannot be sure on that so just me passing on info. He just said he is from Bundesliga? (Sorry Arc this was meant to be in response to you, quote lost somewhere).

Leawandowski?

KJH??? Go on Daniel, do it do it

Back