• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs players trried to avoid England call-up - says Harry

Can't believe people still post comments like this looking for cheap laughs, seriously how old are you?

Do you also laugh at other disabled people? ....... pathetic

Redknapp. Ex professional footballer. Disabled? News to, well everyone.

You are overwrought, wrong and passively endorsing drug crime as entertainment with your userid.

I am pretty sure he was not "twitchy faced" before the accident, either, but I could be wrong.

Is that a disability though? I mean it might be disadvantageous in auctions and playing poker but it wouldnt qualify anyone for an orange sticker. I am sure there was no specific twitching category at the paralympics.

Is that a disability though? I mean it might be disadvantageous in auctions and playing poker but it wouldnt qualify anyone for an orange sticker. I am sure there was no specific twitching category at the paralympics.

Good point and I have no idea if there is something more serious that causes it.

It was not a voluntary development on Redknapp's part and some might argue that it is therefore harsh to abuse him for it, but I am sure he has heard - and dished out - worse.

Now, abusing Sherwood for his choice of body-warmer ... that's proper football analysis. :)

Good point and I have no idea if there is something more serious that causes it.

It was not a voluntary development on Redknapp's part and some might argue that it is therefore harsh to abuse him for it, but I am sure he has heard - and dished out - worse.

Now, abusing Sherwood for his choice of body-warmer ... that's proper football analysis. :)

Careful buddy. He probably suffers from a syndrome as yet unrecognised by the chattering classes.

I think the huge divide of opinion on Harry is reflective of the club's (including us as fans) search to find the true identity of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

My first Tottenham Hotspur was the team of the late 80s managed by Terry Venables, a charismatic and charming ****ney who was a true football man and someone who understood people. What he did and said away from the training ground was ultimately his undoing. When Venables left White Hart Lane a little bit of our soul (no pun!) left too as we became a business, and later under Levy into the current day we have become a corporate brand.

The only time, since 1993 (when Venables) left that I have felt the club represented the same kind of working class (for the record I am very middle class) ethos was when Harry was in charge. Not only were Harry and Venables alike in character but the team played in a similar style.

To me now, the club is a corporate brand - our season ticket/membership books refer to us as 'clients' and I feel that Levy etc always looked down on Harry and would instead prefer some slick looking (AVB, Poch) corporate man to create the sense of brand identity.

I'm not old enough to remember Keith Burkinshaw and certainly not Bill Nick but I do feel that Harry was more in line with some of the romantic images and notions of Spurs of the glory years.

Was/Is Harry in it for himself? Yes, of course.

Did he say things to the media purely to further his own agenda? Undeniably.

but until someone else gives us two 4th place finishes, 2 FA Cup Semi-finals and a League Cup final in 3 years, whilst playing the most entertaining football he'll be the best we've had in a generation.

I certainly will be applauding him and showing my gratitude when he comes back as QPR boss on 24th August; those who boo will embarrass the club.

Spurs "became a business" in 83.

That was the famous Burkinshaw quote wasn't it? That related to when we changed ownership and subsequently became a PLC. The ironic thing about that was that Burkinshaw implied that the club ceased to become a friendly organisation merely concerned with winning football games, yet anecdotaly it appears that there was a great atmosphere within the club (and some GHod awful business decisions!) that Burkinshaw may have continued to thrive under?

Anyway, back to the point Harry is 'old school' and one who is only concerned with the playing personnel and not too worried about fitting in with the corporate image which ultimately was his downfall. The two schools of thought that seem to have been created are either that Harry was a cheeky chappy wheeler dealer (dont tell him I said this!) who got results and in style or that he was a selfish crook who only further his own cause.

That was the famous Burkinshaw quote wasn't it? That related to when we changed ownership and subsequently became a PLC. The ironic thing about that was that Burkinshaw implied that the club ceased to become a friendly organisation merely concerned with winning football games, yet anecdotaly it appears that there was a great atmosphere within the club (and some GHod awful business decisions!) that Burkinshaw may have continued to thrive under?

Anyway, back to the point Harry is 'old school' and one who is only concerned with the playing personnel and not too worried about fitting in with the corporate image which ultimately was his downfall. The two schools of thought that seem to have been created are either that Harry was a cheeky chappy wheeler dealer (dont tell him I said this!) who got results and in style or that he was a selfish crook who only further his own cause.

It doesn't have to be one or the other. I'll always like him because of what we achieved under him. But I don't understand people pointing at his selfishness like he's the only selfish man in football. All the players are selfish, the owners are selfish, the managers are selfish and indeed the fans are selfish. Football is now very much a selfish game.

Shut the f*ck up. Thank you for your services, and that CL run , and the magical 2009-2010 season that preceded it. Thank you for bringing a semblance of prestige back to a club in sore need of it.

Now shut the f*ck up, stop whoring yourself out to your bastard media friends, and stop talking about the club like you still have a connection with it, not after that England debacle and the end to the 2012 season. Kindly f*ck off back to managing QPR. Danke. You c*nt.

Shut the f*ck up. Thank you for your services, and that CL run , and the magical 2009-2010 season that preceded it. Thank you for bringing a semblance of prestige back to a club in sore need of it.

Now shut the f*ck up, stop whoring yourself out to your bastard media friends, and stop talking about the club like you still have a connection with it, not after that England debacle and the end to the 2012 season. Kindly f*ck off back to managing QPR. Danke. You c*nt.

=D>

I must be in a minority that doesn't much care what Harry says, in that it doesn't bother me too much. In fact, in a way, its good to hear some stuff. Other managers just walk away from us (having 'furthered their own cause' at the club) and you hear very little and wonder how much they cared about the club (if at all).

So, if Poch does well here, and then openly lobbies for the Argentina job (to, among other things, 'further his own cause'), will anyone have a problem with it?

I must be in a minority that doesn't much care what Harry says, in that it doesn't bother me too much. In fact, in a way, its good to hear some stuff. Other managers just walk away from us (having 'furthered their own cause' at the club) and you hear very little and wonder how much they cared about the club (if at all).

So, if Poch does well here, and then openly lobbies for the Argentina job (to, among other things, 'further his own cause'), will anyone have a problem with it?

If Poch manages to get the team playing as less than the sum of its parts, has one par season and two below and then finally starts publicly offering himself up for the Argentina job, I'll have a huge problem with it. If he acts like a flappy-gobbed cvnt during that time even more so.

I'll also get very upset if he tries to buy every Willie Mckay player, Stuart Downing and Joe Cole.

I think that's incredibly unlikely though.

Back