• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Stolen from reddit ... (12) Son Heung-min post-match interview with Korean journalist : coys (reddit.com)

Translation of the questions related to Spurs

• You had your second start in pre-season and played for 77 minutes. Is everything going as planned?
I think everything is going great. It's a fresh start compared to last year. I was a bit worried because the circumstances changed a lot after the end of the season. But I think the start of the season is going great. My condition recovered a lot, and I hope to show great performances once the season starts.

• How are you doing post-surgery for sports hernia?
I think I've almost fully recovered now. For the first time in a while. My form while running actually changed because of the pain from the hernia, as I thought about how to minimize pain while running. But that often led to pain in other parts of the body. These issues have become better as I strike the balance, with minor pain issues going away. I'm happy because I didn't feel any pain while playing in today's game, which hasn't happened for a while. There's only a week left until the start of the season, and I hope to further improve my conditioning so I can play a great game on Sunday.

• James Maddison has joined the team. Tottenham has needed a play-maker. Do you think he's meshing well with the team?
He's a player I've liked since he played at Leicester City. We really needed a creative player like Eriksen, and I think we found the perfect fit. I think Maddison joined the team feeling a lot of responsibility. I've talked with him a lot and he has a great personality. He's meshing well with the team. We definitely need to improve how we work together but Maddison is performing well. You could see the positive impact he can have on the team in today's match and he has a lot of strengths. It's the ability of other players that can help create the conditions in which Maddison can thrive, so I'm doing my best to help him.

• A message to fans before the start of the season?
I am working really hard to prepare well. I ended last season with a feeling of disappointment because it was definitely a lacking season. I had a lot of thoughts before the start of this season. I learned a lot last season and I know a lot of fans are anticipating this season because last season wasn't good and I had injuries. As those problems go away, I cannot promise fans that I will always make them smile. However, I feel tons of responsibility while training and will try my best on the pitch. Please continue to cheer us on like you have done all this time. I am always playing with Korea in my heart as a Korean citizen. I will become a player that can make Koreans proud.

Play him as a striker. He fits the mold of Postecoglou's previous strikers - runs off the shoulder, lethal in the box. Would make the best of his remaining athleticism as well, compared to slugging it out on the wing as if he were 25.

Do that and we don't need to buy a Kane replacement this season - spend the money on getting another genuine LW in, a backup RW, and then reassess next season if Son, Richy and Veliz (and perhaps Scarlett) are sufficient.

Play him as a striker. He fits the mold of Postecoglou's previous strikers - runs off the shoulder, lethal in the box. Would make the best of his remaining athleticism as well, compared to slugging it out on the wing as if he were 25.

Do that and we don't need to buy a Kane replacement this season - spend the money on getting another genuine LW in, a backup RW, and then reassess next season if Son, Richy and Veliz (and perhaps Scarlett) are sufficient.
I would also play him as striker. He's not got much of a hold up or link play game but when he has played striker previously he's not needed it. He's now by far the best finisher at the club and I do think his game has been evolving in recent years to play as the striker rather than the winger style Ange seems to have earmarked for the left sided forward. All imo of course.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Congratulations Sonny, well deserved. Now go get 40 goals please. No pressure.

Ange Postecoglou on playing Sonny as the central striker:

"Yeah, I wouldn't rule it out. I've known Sonny for a long time, and I've seen his career develop, there's no doubt he can play centrally in my mind, especially with how we play.

"I think that's where the nuances lie, different managers have different ways of setting up their teams, and in some teams yeah I can see how Sonny couldn't play as a central striker.

"But the way we're going to play, yes I definitely see him as an option to play in the central area."

@OwenBarnard_02

He deserves to be captain. Postecoglou hibted it might be someone younger, but being a gent and ambassador, leading by example Son is a terrific choice. He doesn’t have to be a leader. There are a number of players in the squad who need to lead and cajole and drag this club forward.

Another underrated attribute of Sons is how he steps up under adversity. For all Kanes big game criticism, Son actually is a big game player. When behind or when the stakes are high he tends to up his game.

We couldn’t have asked for a more dignified and respected club captain.

I’m happy for Sonny. Obviously the captain of the national team so he will have some experience with shaking hands with the other captain and the refs.

In all seriousness, I didn’t know who would be appointed captain and of all the choices, this seems pretty sensible.

As for where he plays, I don’t see why he and Richarlison can’t alternate between LW and CF throughout a match. Would make marking them a nightmare for defenses IMO, but I think Son as main striker is what we will see tomorrow.

This is a happy surprise, I hadn't expected Son to get the captaincy. Not really a fan of forwards having it but I'll take the subtle hint of Dier not getting it.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back