• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Play him as a striker. He fits the mold of Postecoglou's previous strikers - runs off the shoulder, lethal in the box. Would make the best of his remaining athleticism as well, compared to slugging it out on the wing as if he were 25.

Do that and we don't need to buy a Kane replacement this season - spend the money on getting another genuine LW in, a backup RW, and then reassess next season if Son, Richy and Veliz (and perhaps Scarlett) are sufficient.

Alternatively, we could give our £60m Brazilian no.9 a run as our centre forward, particularly when you consider he did not start a single league match in that position last season.

Play him as a striker. He fits the mold of Postecoglou's previous strikers - runs off the shoulder, lethal in the box. Would make the best of his remaining athleticism as well, compared to slugging it out on the wing as if he were 25.

Do that and we don't need to buy a Kane replacement this season - spend the money on getting another genuine LW in, a backup RW, and then reassess next season if Son, Richy and Veliz (and perhaps Scarlett) are sufficient.
Not much we agree on, but I'm with you on this.
I also think that's what will happen, with Perisic wide left and Richi to come on either up front or wide, depending on what's needed in the game.

Doesn't have to be a contest. Plenty of starts for both. Sonny when we need goals, Richy when we need physicality.

The point is if you play Richarlison in the middle you are playing him in his best position and you can also play Son in his best position, well the one he normally plays for club and country.

The point is if you play Richarlison in the middle you are playing him in his best position and you can also play Son in his best position, well the one he normally plays for club and country.
Another take is Son's 2nd position is better than Richarlison 1sr position....

I predict quite a bit of interchange as they can both play Left and Centre.

Tbh whatever fudging works and gets us goals I don't really care.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Another take is Son's 2nd position is better than Richarlison 1sr position....

I predict quite a bit of interchange as they can both play Left and Centre.

Tbh whatever fudging works and gets us goals I don't really care.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Yep. Ange seems to not give a fudge (after the vice captains picks). He'll pick what he thinks will work best. Be interesting to see tomorrow. Could be perisic on the left son up front and soloman on the right for all we know.

Sons a fantastic guy and he’s been extremely loyal to us. Loves the club and knows it inside out.

Wouldn’t have pegged him as captain material still but I don’t know what he’s like behind closed doors and there’s no other real candidates.

Has still earned the position nonetheless.

I’m good with him getting the armband. Think he’s the sort of lad who it’d genuinely mean a lot to and I don’t see another outstanding candidate.

But I don’t get this announcement with Romero and Maddison being vice captains. It’s a fairly new phenomenon that sort of thing.

I’m good with him getting the armband. Think he’s the sort of lad who it’d genuinely mean a lot to and I don’t see another outstanding candidate.

But I don’t get this announcement with Romero and Maddison being vice captains. It’s a fairly new phenomenon that sort of thing.
Basically who Sonny passes the armband to if he’s subbed off or if he’s unavailable for selection.

Maybe Son isn’t at full fitness but I don’t think he presses enough. He isn’t losing the ball as much as last season so I think his attacking play has been fine. I do think he will find his scoring boots soon, and on top of that, Destiny isn’t getting into his space except maybe once or twice. When we overload the box, things can get overcrowded but I think we have lots of players who excel with short passes and movement in tight spaces (Bissouma and Maddison).

Again, I know it’s early but pressing is a matter of work rate and coordinating with teammates who are also pressing. As captain, Son should be leading in this front IMO.

I think that this new possession play will need adapting by our wingers(Son, Deki). I am not worried that much about Kulusevski, he doesn't need the ball to be moving to get past his man. Son is a different animal, his speed and athleticism have been his best attributes. He is deadly on the counter but would need to adapt to a slower paced tactic. Considering he is 31yo, with him advancing în age, those attributes are going to get weaker, so maybe this change of pace în our game might be the best thing for him if he can adapt.

Back