• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I can't see Arsenal losing to Emirates Marketing Project on yesterday's Real match; we absolutely MUST beat Soton imo!
Is there any chance Dembele can play? Will the FA really make a decision on his charge before then?
They took their time with Vardy IIRC..

For all the fun it'd be to see Arsenal NOT make the top 4, my worry is that it would actually do us more harm to see them not have the distraction next season.

Like it or not, they'll still be seen as a massive team that can attract top names, missing out on CL footy for one season won't make a difference. The same reasoning could be used for Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project.
In fact, I actually think having Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project out of the CL for one year will allow their new managers more time with the squad on training pitch and see them both romp ahead in the league next year.

For all the fun it'd be to see Arsenal NOT make the top 4, my worry is that it would actually do us more harm to see them not have the distraction next season.

Like it or not, they'll still be seen as a massive team that can attract top names, missing out on CL footy for one season won't make a difference. The same reasoning could be used for Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project.
In fact, I actually think having Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project out of the CL for one year will allow their new managers more time with the squad on training pitch and see them both romp ahead in the league next year.

5th and 6th will get Europa League, 7th too unless Palace perform miracles.

But neither Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project will put any emphasis on it. If anything it'll be a chance to give the youngsters a run out…and we all know how well that worked out for us.

If Emirates Marketing Project don't beat Arsenal, there's a very real chance of them being caught by a UTD side that could quite easily go on to win their remaining three games and finish on 69 points. If Emirates Marketing Project lose to Arsenal, then they not only lose their shot at automatic qualification, but perhaps UCL altogether.

This weekend is one example of where the Monday night football would've worked in our favour I guess.

But neither Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project will put any emphasis on it. If anything it'll be a chance to give the youngsters a run out…and we all know how well that worked out for us.

Chelsea are 9 points off 7th place with 3 games to play. They can emphasise the Europa League all they want but they aren't playing in it.

If Emirates Marketing Project don't beat Arsenal, there's a very real chance of them being caught by a UTD side that could quite easily go on to win their remaining three games and finish on 69 points. If Emirates Marketing Project lose to Arsenal, then they not only lose their shot at automatic qualification, but perhaps UCL altogether.

This weekend is one example of where the Monday night football would've worked in our favour I guess.

Just even the kick-off times being on Sunday being the other way round could have helped.

As it is, at least we know it is in our hands, a win and that's that. A draw or a defeat and that we need a favour, but even if Arsenal win at City, it will STILL be in our hands come the last day, unlike the previous times at Burnley (to finish 3rd) and those two final home games v Fulham and then 2 years ago v Sunderland.

Fingers crossed we dont need favours or second chances. I really want to us wrap up 2nd spot at the Lane with a win in front of 36,000 and really give the players the
lap of appreciation they deserve

"There have been other figures within the game who said that they would prefer Leicester to finish as the champions, including the Swansea City manager, Francesco Guidolin. He said so on the eve of his club’s game at Leicester on 24 April, in which Swansea slumped to a 4-0 defeat. Pochettino believes that all of them have been unprofessional and he wants the issue to be raised and discussed at the next Premier League meeting.

“In football, our responsibility is to be professional,” Pochettino said. “When you are professional, it’s not to give your personal opinion. It’s always dangerous when something happens like that. Maybe in the last few weeks or months, we know the football people who maybe don’t behave like professionals. Maybe, in the next few meetings of the Premier League, the managers and also the staff, we need to say that, in future, we must be careful with all these comments in public.”

Pochettino made the point that he did not want to single out Fabregas and Hazard. “I don’t blame them,” he said. “It’s a general opinion. Sometimes my press conferences are boring because I’m very polite or political. No, I am professional. That’s a big difference. I don’t want to popular. I want to be professional. It’s easy to say big things against our enemy. ‘Oh, the people love me, I’m very strong, so I’ll say things like this.’ Come on! We are professional.

“The managers, the league, the players’ association – they need to say that we must behave professionally. We need to play, be honest and show integrity and be professional always. I like that when our opponent fights and tries to win but, for me, if we want to keep healthy football in the future, and not to be cynical and dishonest, we need to behave in a different way.”
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/06/tottenham-mousa-dembele-six-game-ban-diego-costa
So a gouge in the eyes is a 6 game ban. Fair enough. What should the ban be for saying that you want a certain team to win the league when you are playing them and their nearest challengers?

So a gouge in the eyes is a 6 game ban. Fair enough. What should the ban be for saying that you want a certain team to win the league when you are playing them and their nearest challengers?

It seems it is encouraged as banter.

Bit by bit, season by season, the game of football I used to love so so much, is dying inside of me with some of the sh#t that goes on nowadays

An attempted gouge is 6 matches - sends the wrong message to the kids apparently.
An attempted kick at a player is fine - all part of game I believe
An attempted bite is no probelem - he was hungry
An attempt at refereeing the game is ok - they are human after all and can't be expected to see stuff

That's a bit rawk'ish now that I read it again.
Leave me alone Scara.

One other minor point, that has been mentioned but not really highlighted. When did it become acceptable for players to openly celebrate in front of oppostion fans.

Hazard made a beeline for the Spurs corner. Years ago that used to be classed as possibly inciting riot, okay it wasnt on the scale of Adebayor running 90 yards to do it, or Henry in the NLD.
But once more, the goal celebration seemed to be acceptable in the officals eyes

One other minor point, that has been mentioned but not really highlighted. When did it become acceptable for players to openly celebrate in front of oppostion fans.

Hazard made a beeline for the Spurs corner. Years ago that used to be classed as possibly inciting riot, okay it wasnt on the scale of Adebayor running 90 yards to do it, or Henry in the NLD.
But once more, the goal celebration seemed to be acceptable in the officals eyes

Maybe they "didn't see it"

A Sunderland win on Wednesday would do just fine! That would relegate Saudi Sportswashing Machine and should leave them deflated next weekend.

Seeing Everton perform in the last few weeks, I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans better start remembering how they get to Leeds,Rotherham and Huddersfield

that's something I actively encourage

fans are going to spend 90 minutes giving the oppositions abuse, if you can't take it don't give it

resorting to violence because an event in sportsball didn't go your way is the very definition of macaronic

Seeing Everton perform in the last few weeks, I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans better start remembering how they get to Leeds,Rotherham and Huddersfield

they won't have to think that far back

I've heard a rumour that Greggs are going to rename their yum-yum's to yo-yo's in the clubs honour

A Sunderland win on Wednesday would do just fine! That would relegate Saudi Sportswashing Machine and should leave them deflated next weekend.

Well, at least it stops us losing to an Ayoze f*cking Perez goal or some other strike of lightning every year. :p

Still feeling bitter about us losing the league title race. So far have avoided watching or reading any reference about Leicester celebrating their league title win. After coming so close to win our first league title since 1961, it was really disappointing the way we lost out. If this Spurs team don't win the league title in the next 10 years, we will look back at this season with lot of regrets and disappointments. It was a great opportunity that we badly missed, just like the Spurs team of 1987 who promised much but delivered nothing !

Back