• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Still feeling bitter about us losing the league title race. So far have avoided watching or reading any reference about Leicester celebrating their league title win. After coming so close to win our first league title since 1961, it was really disappointing the way we lost out. If this Spurs team don't win the league title in the next 10 years, we will look back at this season with lot of regrets and disappointments. It was a great opportunity that we badly missed, just like the Spurs team of 1987 who promised much but delivered nothing !

Absolute bollox we had no right this year to even be close.

Still feeling bitter about us losing the league title race. So far have avoided watching or reading any reference about Leicester celebrating their league title win. After coming so close to win our first league title since 1961, it was really disappointing the way we lost out. If this Spurs team don't win the league title in the next 10 years, we will look back at this season with lot of regrets and disappointments. It was a great opportunity that we badly missed, just like the Spurs team of 1987 who promised much but delivered nothing !
Except this team didn't promise anything, and we as fans certainly didn't expect a fight for the title. So just stop being a crybaby. We'll finish 2nd in a season most of us didn't even think we could get top 4! This team has delivered way above expectation.

So let me get this right - you are bitter, regretful and disappointed in this season?

Good job you don't support Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

We.Did.Not.Lose.The.Title.Race.

Exactly

We have been bloody outstanding but we did bit lose it

To lose something you have to have it first. We actually have spent a day bottom at one point this season but we have NEVER been top

Agreed, only teams that were top at one point have lost the title race, we should be proud of our performance not rueing the day. We didn't throw away a 2 point lead and turn it in to what is currently a 13 pt deficit, those are the teams that should be hanging their heads in shame.

We are going to do it aren't we. The players look done. Lots of possession but no energy. Filth are going to get above us. DDL from the last three games. Amazing.

We run out of steam towards the end of every season, problem of having europa league and a high pressing game which only our first 11 are good enough to pull off.

I love Poch but I hope he learns to rotate a bit more.

Sadly we do not have a hope in hell of getting a result at Saudi Sportswashing Machine unless sunderland can secure their safety before the last game of the season.

Arsenal fans might give us brick for finishing below them again, but they will come second to Leicester.

My big concern now is if we finish 4th and have to play a qualifier for the euro cup. Wanted to be secure and qualified early so we could sign some players.

E
We run out of steam towards the end of every season, problem of having europa league and a high pressing game which only our first 11 are good enough to pull off.

Sadly we do not have a hope in hell of getting a result at Saudi Sportswashing Machine unless sunderland can secure their safety before the last game of the season.

Arsenal fans might give us brick for finishing below them again, but they will come second to Leicester.

My big concern now is if we finish 4th and have to play a qualifier for the euro cup. Wanted to be secure and qualified early so we could sign some players.
Explain to me how we can finish 4th

We had plenty of steam Monday night.
We didn't just physically run out of steam. We took a hit psychologically. We were playing well until the goal and then it hit the team.
Also the heat didn't help as the game went on.

The upside to finishing behind them is that the players will hopefully come back in August with something to prove, it won't do us any good if they fudge off on their summer holidays with smoke up their arse

The upside to finishing behind them is that the players will hopefully come back in August with something to prove, it won't do us any good if they fudge off on their summer holidays with smoke up their arse

The alternative argument is that it would be a monstrous psychological blow. If we can't finish ahead of Arsenal after the season we've had, we *never* will. The 'S.p.u.r.s.y.' effect will never, ever die if that is the case, and this team and manager would be painted as being as mentally fragile and prone to bottling and utterly collapsing as any of the others we've had.

No, there are no positives to finishing behind Arsenal this season. Believe me, I've tried to find them.

We have to finish ahead of them.

Back