• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

While I think Dembele will get banned (and rightly so) I'm not even completely sure that you can make a cast iron case that he intentionally gouged Costa.

It is entirely possible that Dembele was just trying to push him away. The fact that Costa reacted by holding the wrong eye showed that clearly Dembele can't have actually made any contact with Costa's eye.

I'm sure Dembele's defence will be that he wasn't trying to gauge his eyes. The FA will have to ban him irrespective simply because there has been so much in the press about the incident. I expect to see a ban of between 3 to 5 games.

Surely its just 3 games for violent conduct? What are the rules around this anyone? Any precedents?

EPL%202015%20to%202016%20Cub%20Positions.png

Created that this morning. Data based on Premier League data.

3 points ahead of Arsenal with much better gd with 2 games to play.

We need a single point against either Southampton at home or Saudi Sportswashing Machine away.

Why?
Because there isn't a chance that Arsenal side with beat City away.
Look at their away record in the League since November.

6JvPShi.png

Arsenal are capable of beating Emirates Marketing Project. Both Leicester and Spurs have dealt with them.

City haven't beaten anyone in the top 6 or 7.
Really? That's not good , is it? In saying that they are finding a bit of form recently. A draw between them wouldn't be too bad a result either and if we turn Southampton over it will all be academic.

There might be a scenario where there is a concrete advantage of finishing 2nd rather than 3rd. If City win the CL but fall to fifth, does the 3rd place PL teams go into the playoff round? I think it would if Liverpool also won the EL.

That said, finishing ahead of Arsenal has to be the priority. It has been too long, as has been the Stamford Bridge record. I think my main disappointment about Monday was not getting rid of that final hex, especially after being in such a strong position. About five years ago we had a terrible record against the Sky Four, with decades long stretches without beating them on their patch. We've got rid of all of them except Stamford Bridge.

I also want to reach 76 pts and making it 2pts per game, as that is something we have never done before and would crown a good season. Our best is 1.833 in 1984-85 (77pts from 42 games), although the two title winning season would have made the standard if it had been 3pts per win. We need the two wins to achieve that.

Last edited:
Sunday is a must win. If we drop points or GHod forbid get beat, I wouldn't fancy us going to Newacastle and getting a result. Finishing below Arsenal now would be a disaster.

yeah maybe with leicester celebrations out of the way, we can all focus on the (real) battle for #2

no alli no dembele - its going to be tough now!

How times have changed, do you guys remember when the Sky Four were Chelscum, Mancs, Goons and Scousers? Ha, now it looks like only one of those four are making Champions League next season :D:D:D

Now we are part of the BT Four :D:D:D

City haven't beaten anyone in the top 6 or 7.

Tonight could have a bearing on it too, and how they react to the outcome, whichever way it goes

If City lose tonight they are in big danger of not finishing in the Top 4. I can see them winning at Swansea giving them 67pts, but can see both West Ham and United their two planned weekend fixtures and as they play each other in their game in hand, a win for either would leave United on 69 or West Ham on 68.

Not knowing the outcome before they play Arsenal, they are going to have to beat them so they know a win at Swansea guarantees them CL football.
I know they have havet so far this season, but when it comes down to what could be a cup final for them I think they will rise to the occasion like they did at Chelsea. On their day they are superior to Arsenal

But, as has been said, hopefully its all irrelevant if we do our job first. I really want to enjoy the lap of honour on Sunday and the drive home, not be worrying how the City game is going and relying on somebody else

As at least one other has said, it's amazing that after this turbulent season, Arsenal are three points behind us. We see the future as Lilywhite after our best season in half a century, while they want to fire their manager. Perspective.

Really? That's not good , is it? In saying that they are finding a bit of form recently. A draw between them wouldn't be too bad a result either and if we turn Southampton over it will all be academic.

They have 2 wins, 3 draws and 10 losses against the top 9.

If West Ham and/or United have picked up 3 points City really need to win as they will be 2 and 1 points behind respectively and both teams have a game in hand.

They have 2 wins, 3 draws and 10 losses against the top 9.

If West Ham and/or United have picked up 3 points City really need to win as they will be 2 and 1 points behind respectively and both teams have a game in hand.

Exactly and as they wont know the result of the game in hand until next Weds, they simply have to win this weekend. A draw v City and a win at Swansea would be enough to hold off West Ham, but would not stop United getting 4th (Norwich and Bournemouth their other two games).

Depends if they win tonight. Would they try and put all their eggs in one CL final basket?

73 points would suit me fine. One win from our last two, and we've set a record points total in the PL era. 74 points would be unbelievably good, and would set a fantastic landmark for where our progression has taken us; it'll also take some beating.

A win and a draw would get us to 74. Just one win will get us to seventy-three. This weekend, we win, and win well, so we can go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine with the luxury of 2nd place and a record points tally secure.

We'll do it. I believe we will.

As at least one other has said, it's amazing that after this turbulent season, Arsenal are three points behind us. We see the future as Lilywhite after our best season in half a century, while they want to fire their manager. Perspective.

Yes. One team looks to be on the rise; the other is looking like it's about to roll down the hill..

So basically, we need to cheer on Real tonight so that fourth is guaranteed CL next year and also make Emirates Marketing Project want to beat Arsenal?

Back