• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Possibly. 6 home 6 away for them
H Chelsea,Sunderland,Liverpool,Saudi Sportswashing Machine,City and Palace
A Bournemouth,Stoke,Leicester,Everton,Villa,Tottenham
So, of their remaining 12, they have to play 4 roughly equal or better teams (Victimpool, Palace, Stoke, Everton) and 3 significantly better teams (Chelsea, City and Us). Of the 5 matches against "easier" teams, 3 of them are in a relegation scrap (I've assumed Villa are already down).

By the time SCBC fans have taken their dingdongs out of their sisters and looked at the league table, they'll realise they should only be confident about Leicester and Villa.

They'll do well to finish in the top half.

Last edited:
No, honestly after today's games I think its more a case of which order the top 4 finish in, rather than who the top 4 will be.

The gap between 4th and the rest is now, I believe, too big given there's only 12 games to go. One of the teams in 5th - 7th needs to show Champions level form over last 12 games (ie take 2 points per game on average) alongside one of the top 4 really falling away. Based on how teams are playing, I cant see that happening. Maybe you could say Arsenal's form is awful but even in poor form I still can see them taking at least 20 points from the last 13

I agree, it's all very average outside the top 4

we may well collapse, but that would be on us, not on those who profit from it

So, of their remaining 12, they have to play 4 roughly equal or better teams (Victimpool, Palace, Stoke, Everton) and 3 significantly better teams (Chelsea, City and Us).

They'll do well to finish in the top half.

Right now they are playing better than all 4 of those though. Whether they keep this run of form going is another matter. They seem to be a team that goes on runs of winning then slumps then starts winning again and so on, very inconsistent. Chelsea at home next, so that could well stunt their latest resurgence

Right now they are playing better than all 4 of those though. Whether they keep this run of form going is another matter. They seem to be a team that goes on runs of winning then slumps then starts winning again and so on, very inconsistent. Chelsea at home next, so that could well stunt their latest resurgence
Never predict anything based on a run of form.

The underlying odds are that they'll struggle against most of those teams. They'll have to finish the season on a "much better than their actual ability" run to stay in the European spots.

I agree, it's all very average outside the top 4

we may well collapse, but that would be on us, not on those who profit from it

I cant take anything for granted as a Spurs fan. A 7pt gap can disappear in 8 days, even 4. Two short periods are key to our Top 4 aspirations
Mar 2 West Ham (a) Mar 5 Arsenal (h) Play below par and that 7pts gap could easily disappear to 1 or 2pts. Win at Upton Park and that could be one of our rivals for a Top 4 spot all but done
And obviously the much-talked about April fixtures
Liv(a) United (h) Stoke (a) WBA (h) Chel (a)
Bearing in mind the WBA match may get postponed it could be an horrendous quartet of fixtures, just as bodies begin to feel the toil of a long season. Without sounding like a broken record, I really think we need an 8pts cushion before we visit Anfield.
My ideal scenario would be to still be 6pts clear going into the last 2 matches or 3pts going to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Not saying we arent capable of winning there, but wouldnt it be nice (like 2010) going into the final day with no pressure

I think we have the hardest run-ins of all the top 4 teams. Apart from ManCity(away), we still need to play WestHam(a), Arsenal(a), Liverpool(a), ManU(h), Stoke(a) and Chelsea(a) all of which have been traditional tough matches for us. Boom shaka laka strengthen the squad with quality signings in the transfer window. We are going to be really tested in the remaining matches, especially with EL matches coming as well.

We can only go on what has actually happened.

We have a 7 point gap and a plus 17 goal diff over the team in 5th.

We've been consistent and have not been outplayed by anyone. The teams chasing cannot say this.

So as it stands i cannot see how any of them are going to reel us in with 12 games to go.

Of course you could say 'yes, but we are spurs'. But to deny we are a different beast this year is disingenuous at best.

I think we have the hardest run-ins of all the top 4 teams. Apart from ManCity(away), we still need to play WestHam(a), Arsenal(a), Liverpool(a), ManU(h), Stoke(a) and Chelsea(a) all of which have been traditional tough matches for us. Boom shaka laka strengthen the squad with quality signings in the transfer window. We are going to be really tested in the remaining matches, especially with EL matches coming as well.

We play Arse at home

We have a great record vs wet spam
We have a good one now at Stoke too

Koscielny came off injured for Arsenal, don't know how long he'll be out.

Simpson was sent off for Leicester, one match ban? don't know how important he is.

CbMbT5RXIAAwhOh.png

Points_Distribution_Table.png

What another brilliant weekend.

Honestly expected us to be sat here on Sunday night, in 4th, 4 points clear of United and 5 ahead of West Ham starting to look at the run-in.

Valentines night. Sat in 2nd for at least another 2 weeks, 2pts off the top. A dozen games to go
10pts clear of 5th
11pts clear of 6th
13pts clear of Liverpool (love it...)
18pts clear of Chelsea

What another brilliant weekend.

Honestly expected us to be sat here on Sunday night, in 4th, 4 points clear of United and 5 ahead of West Ham starting to look at the run-in.

Valentines night. Sat in 2nd for at least another 2 weeks, 2pts off the top. A dozen games to go
10pts clear of 5th
11pts clear of 6th
13pts clear of Liverpool (love it...)
18pts clear of Chelsea
What could possibly go wrong! ;)

Back