• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Arsenal are the bookies favourites, us second favs. I think that's about right

Regarding the EL, agree with the comment above about being a distraction. I'd like to see us rest more players, particularly in away legs - and by 'rest', I mean stay at home, rather than travel and sit on the bench

I'm a great believer in that you can learn a lot from history, but a lot of our fans seem to think because something happen in a certain way before it will again. This is a very different Spurs team we are seeing from whats gone in the past, this is a team, we don't have to look for Bale to win us a game. We have the best defence in the league, not the best defenders but the best defence, something I've never thought since I've followed Spurs. I don't think we should be going gung ho and shouting we are going to win it, but I would like to see us show the same confidence in the team that they have in themselves. Let stop being pessimist and show some faith.

We play Palace in the FA cup and both legs against Fiorentina before our next league match. We then have three league games in the space of seven days (Swansea, West Ham, Arsenal). There's no rush to decide on anything yet.

Chelsea will win the Euro cup if we get 4th which we have a 10 point cushion over, so we have to get 3rd. Chelsea are starting to purr again. I am worried what happens if man u win the europa league will it then just be the top 2 teams to go into the euro cup. But to be honest I think we have more chance of winning the europa league man u with LVG are cack.

Leicester won't win it. They've had a great season, but now that the gap is only two points, and they've lost their momentum with a defeat, I can't see them finishing in the top 2. It's us, or Arsenal. In one of the biggest seasons of rivalry in years. If we can just beat them in three weeks time, having collected the three points against Swansea, we will be in a great position.

Chelsea will win the Euro cup if we get 4th which we have a 10 point cushion over, so we have to get 3rd. Chelsea are starting to purr again. I am worried what happens if man u win the europa league will it then just be the top 2 teams to go into the euro cup. But to be honest I think we have more chance of winning the europa league man u with LVG are cack.
Take the custard out of your ears. This makes no sense. Do not fret. The rules changed. Put your tights on and go to bed.

We play Palace in the FA cup and both legs against Fiorentina before our next league match. We then have three league games in the space of seven days (Swansea, West Ham, Arsenal). There's no rush to decide on anything yet.

Massive three games that once again will tell us a lot. The old Spurs could quite easily lose all 3. Hopefully this new Spurs can will all 3

Three key things from today.
I know its been 33 years since we last won 7 on the bounce, but come on Stattos, when was the last time we won 5 away matches on the bounce
Secondly, the ghost of Etihad 2012 has been exorcised
and Thirdly, that tag of 'Spurs will allows bottle it' seems to be disappearing faster than Marty McFlys photo in Back to the Future

Take the custard out of your ears. This makes no sense. Do not fret. The rules changed. Put your tights on and go to bed.
I am in bed and the custard is in a different hole not my ears.

What happens if Chelsea and Man U win the european cup and europa league they both get entry to the european cup?

We can rotate because we have a good squad of players. It'd be pretty easy to think of lineups right up to Arsenal at home, injuries permitting, a know-nothing like me can do it. Mostly it'd be 3 or 4 changes, bar the cup game against Palace where we could risk a few more:

Sun - PL - City (a):

-------------lloris
walker----toby----wimmer----rose
----------dier-----dembele
--son---------alli--------eriksen
-------------kane

Thur- EL - Fiorentina (a): 4 changes

-------------lloris
trippier----toby----wimmer----davies
--lamela---------eriksen--------chadli
-------------kane

Sun - FAC- Palace (h): 7 changes

-------------vorm
walker
----dier----wimmer----rose
--------bentaleb-----mason
--lamela---------carroll--------chadli
-------------son

Thur- EL - Fiorentina (h): 8 changes

-------------lloris
trippier
----toby----wimmer----davies
-------------kane

Sun - PL - Swansea (h): 4 changes

-------------lloris
----------dier-----mason
--lamela---------eriksen--------son
-------------kane

Weds- PL - West Ham (a): 4 changes

-------------lloris
tripper----toby----wimmer----davies
-------------kane

Sat - PL - Arsenal (h): 3 changes

-------------lloris
--lamela---------alli--------eriksen
-------------kane

Something like that, I'm sure Poch has lineups in mind for each game and he'll tweak them for injuries and form as necessary.

Right then, Poch picked the team I thought for the City game. Now let' see how we lineup for Fiorentina!

We then have three league games in the space of seven days (Swansea, West Ham, Arsenal). There's no rush to decide on anything yet.

Exactly....I am confident that we will beat the arse at home but Swansea might just be a lot tougher than we think. 6 points from those 3 would do nicely.

Massive three games that once again will tell us a lot. The old Spurs could quite easily lose all 3. Hopefully this new Spurs can will all 3

I know its been 33 years since we last won 7 on the bounce, but come on Stattos, when was the last time we won 5 away matches on the bounce
and Thirdly, that tag of 'Spurs will allows bottle it' seems to be disappearing faster than Marty McFlys photo in Back to the Future

Our current run includes cup games. We won 5 league games away in a row in 2013/14 (two under AVB, three under Sherwood).

Compare all Arse's remaining fixtures against ours, and exactly half of them are against the same opposition (or each other). Considering the other 6, you can match them up roughly in terms of difficulty on paper (going according to a combination of current league position and other things like playing style, etc.) I paired them as follows, the merits of which you can argue about amongst yourselves (Arse fixture followed by ours in parens):

Everton A (Liverpool A)
Watford H (Stoke A)
Palace H (Chelsea A)*
Sunderland A (Saudi Sportswashing Machine A)
Norwich H (Bournemouth H)
City A (Southampton H)

Looks pretty close, all things considered, no? They arguably have it somewhat easier, but Christ, it's going to be tight.

* Clearly, their league position is no longer really relevant. This game and the NLD will decide things IMO.

Edit: Interestingly enough, Leicester will face the same opposition as us in 7 of their remaining games, and the other 5 are all v sides that are also on Arse's list above (only City not shared). City share 11/12 with us and the other (Norwich) with Arse.

Last edited:

You wont believe this but the last time we won 5 away matches on the bounces in 2014. They were AVBs last 3 away and Sherwood first 2 away!

If we beat Fiorentina it will the first time we have won 8 in a row since the double winning season.

Is this a wind up???

Everyone knows that winners of champions league and Europa get a place in next season but also they changed the rules so that the league position is protected - unless both competitions are win by sides from the same country

Back