• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

That has finally got back the 3 points we dropped at home to Leicester.

And before anyone says its, we know we would have been 4pts clear had we beaten Leicester at home, or even a 1pt clear had we drawn, but we didnt.

And even if we had, you set off a different chain of events, we may not have won the next 5 matches.

The slight downside from today is that now we are finally being talked about as title challengers and I would rather have stayed under the radar, but when you win at City, how do you stay under the radar.

I will say it again.. What a weekend. Cant remember the last time we were 2pts off the top at the end of Febraury

IF Leicester should fail to beat Norwich at home on Sat 27 Feb then we will play Swansea at home the following day knowing that a win would put us TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

What page was the top 6 teams remaining fixtures posted guys?

Nevermind, found it

roon.png

That has finally got back the 3 points we dropped at home to Leicester.

And before anyone says its, we know we would have been 4pts clear had we beaten Leicester at home, or even a 1pt clear had we drawn, but we didnt.

And even if we had, you set off a different chain of events, we may not have won the next 5 matches.

The slight downside from today is that now we are finally being talked about as title challengers and I would rather have stayed under the radar, but when you win at City, how do you stay under the radar.

I will say it again.. What a weekend. Cant remember the last time we were 2pts off the top at the end of Febraury

Two comments,

- that's why its not a bad thing the Scum won (would have preferred a draw), the media will continue to share the spotlight with Scum, Leicester still on top, us and City because of the Pep circus.
- You can't remember because it hasn't happen in the PL, and for some time before that.

gooner_exodus.jpg

When your mates just can't take how good Tottenham are (3 Gooners, 1 Chelsea, 1 Liverpool).

Let's keep this up boys.

Two comments,

- that's why its not a bad thing the Scum won (would have preferred a draw), the media will continue to share the spotlight with Scum, Leicester still on top, us and City because of the Pep circus.
- You can't remember because it hasn't happen in the PL, and for some time before that.

Yes I am thinking either 1987 maybe, definitely 1982

I love how the goons insist we will still bottle it. The red mancs even wanted City to win today because there's always more chance of catching us.

They always fall apart, people love hyping them up every year and act surprised when they collapse like a cheap folding chair.

Spu*s will bottle it, we know it as much as they do.

Great result for us. No way we're losing a title to Leicester or spurs. Huge day. City have given up.

Not worried about Spurs in the slightest. Even if they don't lose they'll draw quite a number of games.

i don't think todays game gives us much information about Spurs' form. Yeah sure they won, but in all honestly, i think it was more down to City playing bad than Tottenham playing well.
Lets see how they hold up the next couple of games, i have a gut feeling they're going to bottle it.

We've only won 5 in a row in the league and 8 of our last 10. :rolleyes:

We're gonna win it Im quite confident.

City are an aged side that have issues when it comes to graft and grit, Leicester try hard but it wont work and Tottenham are Tottenham lol, we all know about them; only a matter of time till another collapse. Its in the bag guys but only because Chelsea are having a poor campaign.

IF Leicester should fail to beat Norwich at home on Sat 27 Feb then we will play Swansea at home the following day knowing that a win would put us TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

Not sure thats a good thing.

Can you imagine if it was like this going into the last day
Leicester at Chelsea
Us at Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Arsenal home to Villa.

Knowing if Leicester didnt win at Chelsea we could win the title with a win at SJP. You just know either Chelsea would rollover (unless they needed a win for EL football) or failing that Villa would lose 11-0.

As it is Leicester could probably only have two easier games at home than Norwich, so I doubt it will matter. My worry is that we play on the Thursday beforehand, which is why in another thread I suggested that no one of players due to start v Swansea should even be on the pitch on Thursday night. If the 2nd X1 dont win, then they dont win

I love how the goons insist we will still bottle it. The red mancs even wanted City to win today because there's always more chance of catching us.

We've only won 5 in a row in the league and 8 of our last 10. :rolleyes:

After years of it happening, bar a couple of times, you can hardly blame them. And the pessimist in me is always waiting for it to happen. The good thing is, it cant keep happening, surely, there has to be another 2010 when we dont.
I would love to see us win the title in my lifetime, if only once, doesnt have to be a United/Liverpool type domination for years. Just once will do me and I would die a happy man, just to feel that emotion that some of our elders experienced in 1961

After years of it happening, bar a couple of times, you can hardly blame them. And the pessimist in me is always waiting for it to happen. The good thing is, it cant keep happening, surely, there has to be another 2010 when we dont.
I would love to see us win the title in my lifetime, if only once, doesnt have to be a United/Liverpool type domination for years. Just once will do me and I would die a happy man, just to feel that emotion that some of our elders experienced in 1961
I must say, today had echoes of the 2-1 victories against Chelsea and Arsenal in the run in of 2010 (and City away for that matter).

Obviously we are still a long way out and anything could happen, but these are the sort of games we need to be winning.

Heard we are now 2nd favourites, but didnt catch who are favourites.

After today I just dont know.
Leicester have less games and easier run-in but have never been there before.
I dont see Arsenal dropping another point at home, its how they do away (United,Tottenham,Everton,WHU,Sunderland,Emirates Marketing Project) that will be the diffence get 6 or more pts from those 6 matches and they will be hard to finish above

Heard we are now 2nd favourites, but didnt catch who are favourites.

After today I just dont know.
Leicester have less games and easier run-in but have never been there before.
I dont see Arsenal dropping another point at home, its how they do away (United,Tottenham,Everton,WHU,Sunderland,Emirates Marketing Project) that will be the diffence get 6 or more pts from those 6 matches and they will be hard to finish above

Sky said us and Liecester bookies favs

Does anyone feel the same way that I do in that the Europa League is now a hinderance. As much as a trophy would be nice surely securing the title should be more important.

That West Ham away game worries me
It does me too. Only because they will be so up for it. They hate us, and it's our last meeting at the Boleyn so it will boost their egos to take points off us. I hope to GHod we don't lose to them (where I live and drink it would be unbearable) but even if we do, the most they get is bragging rights for beating us. They aren't going to get top 4. Whether or not we get the title (am I really writing that) is not dependent on our game against them. In fact winning today has given us a bit of a bye to lose elsewhere.

I am so confident usually that we will never win the league that I've promised to get our badge as a tattoo. I don't even like tattoos, but my family are holding me to it. I'll hopefully be booking an appointment with Lal Hardy's at the end of the season!

Back