• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

CbBcj2AXEAAmggr.jpg

I see they've mixed up goals for us and Arsenal.

I do get the feeling they didn't want to show us positively. Notice that they didn't include the goals conceded category which would have shown us more positively. But surprising to note that we have scored more goals from set pieces than any of our rivals.

Jeez, hard to believe that's a top four side just one point off second. They sound like absolute dross. Must be a crap league. And Spurs must be horrid to be only a point above that lot.

They haven't won back to back games in the league in 5 months

They haven't beaten anyone in the top 6

Even Saudi Sportswashing Machine have managed that

I do get the feeling they didn't want to show us positively. Notice that they didn't include the goals conceded category which would have shown us more positively. But surprising to note that we have scored more goals from set pieces than any of our rivals.

What I find surprising is that we've had more shots than Arsenal, score less goals than Arsenal, and yet still have a better shot conversion record. Not entirely sure how that works.

Re: race for Top 4. Think we only have 2 teams to worry us in that respect now. The two Uniteds. If we blow 11pt and 13pt leads on Southamton and the both Scouse teams (with our Superior GD), I will be gobsmacked.

Sunderland v Man United
Norwich v West Ham.

Although both are on the road to teams desperate for survival I see no favours today. Norwich look pants and I think the phrase ' We'll never play you again' may well come true for a while.
Sunderland have shown some fighting spirit recently, good display v City last home match, definitely helped by the walkout last week to snatch a point, but annoyingly United look like they are starting to find the form their squad says they should. They played great at Chelsea and should have won, the draw was a bonus for us, but play like that again today and they will blow the Black Cats away.

Tomorrow's game for us is big I appreciate that, but for me the bigger matches in my eyes are West Ham away and United at home. Getting through those two unbeaten is key to us having CL football at WHL next season

Which game was it last season which effectively killed our top four aspirations?

Seem to remember it was a Man Utd six pointer. Around this time of the season too?

Big result that in Top 4 terms, takes a bit of pressure off tomorrow. Also gives us a big oppurtunity to put real distance between us and them. United look so pooor, dont know why they dont make the change now, the bounce of Mourhino might just get them top 4?

Has to be a decent chance that LVG will get the push in the next few days / hours surely...? They look completely brick, and Mourinho wants the job - it doesn't take much thought does it?!?

Really amazes me how Utd are 5th though given how crap they always look

Rooney looked like he was going to cry, said that top 4 looked very difficult now, and I don't think he was just talking about the points gap, he was talking about how bad they are playing and the feeling in the dressing room IMO. Surely Utd will make the swap to Mourinho now?!

Do we now throw Southampton's name into the mix??

They are now in sixth place on 40 points having kept 6 clean sheets in a row, they are probably top of the form table.

If we are worrying about a stuttering UTD and Payet Ham, then we should be thinking about Southampton too.

Big result that in Top 4 terms, takes a bit of pressure off tomorrow. Also gives us a big oppurtunity to put real distance between us and them. United look so pooor, dont know why they dont make the change now, the bounce of Mourhino might just get them top 4?

It really does. In relation to a Top 4 finish we bascially have a 'free game' tomorrow. 7pts clear plus a better GD at the minimum with 12 to go. Then next week its United v Arsenal.
With regard to LVG, hopefully the fact they are still in 2 cups and they have decent draws means he keeps his job. Today's result could even see them concentrate on trying to win both Cups and lose more focus on the league. Any extra help we get in our quest for CL football it fine by me

They are now in sixth place on 40 points having kept 6 clean sheets in a row, they are probably top of the form table.

If we are worrying about a stuttering UTD and Payet Ham, then we should be thinking about Southampton too.

Possibly. 6 home 6 away for them
H Chelsea,Sunderland,Liverpool,Saudi Sportswashing Machine,City and Palace
A Bournemouth,Stoke,Leicester,Everton,Villa,Tottenham

No, honestly after today's games I think its more a case of which order the top 4 finish in, rather than who the top 4 will be.

The gap between 4th and the rest is now, I believe, too big given there's only 12 games to go. One of the teams in 5th - 7th needs to show Champions level form over last 12 games (ie take 2 points per game on average) alongside one of the top 4 really falling away. Based on how teams are playing, I cant see that happening. Maybe you could say Arsenal's form is awful but even in poor form I still can see them taking at least 20 points from the last 13

No. They're not nearly good enough.

I'm also not sure who (other than those with severe learning difficulties) think Payet Ham have a hope either.

Back