• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saudi Sportswashing Machine

I was all ready to complain about it being overblown but it doesn't seem too far out of line compared to the others. Obviously City's is ridiculous:
https://www.statista.com/statistics...ships-in-the-barclays-premier-league-by-club/

There is a very good argument for seperating sponsorship deals from owners. But most european teams wouldn't go for it. Juve with jeep, byern alianz, wrexham aviation gin etc...

Who knows what fair value is in sponsorship these days?

Which is a bit sickening.

There is a very good argument for seperating sponsorship deals from owners. But most european teams wouldn't go for it. Juve with jeep, byern alianz, wrexham aviation gin etc...

Especially when more start to do it, what was once fair will start to look undervalue. That's the risk

True, but I don't think theirs is silly compared to us or the goons

It's gone from 5m to 25m, that's a big jump even allowing for them being in CL.

It's not about this season though. Everybody expects them to be up there from now on. At least challenging for cl places or maybe higher in the future. So you could argue £25m for sponsoring Saudi Sportswashing Machine would turn out to be cheap in 3 to 5 years time.

Agreed, i can't see the prem blocking it. Expect a million other saudi companies to give them sporsorship deals though. Hell they don't even have to be saudi companies.

The thing is with the middle east, they have or used to run at a 51/49 rules making everything locally owned or have a finger in it from thr locals, mostly royals or offshoots. Constructing, water, car dealerships, hotels, franchises, oil, electrics, all owned or partly owned by someone powerful. That's before you look at government like tourist boards and offshoots from that. As you say, plenty of sponsors out there

It's not about this season though. Everybody expects them to be up there from now on. At least challenging for cl places or maybe higher in the future. So you could argue £25m for sponsoring Saudi Sportswashing Machine would turn out to be cheap in 3 to 5 years time.
And they are high profile now and will expand as a brand.
It does seem like a justifiable value.
I'm sure they've had lawyers scrutinize whether it would stand up to challenge.

Did they have anyone else that was willing to pay that other than Sela? If not then it is an inflated sum to help them get around FFP.

Every sponsor is the best bid whatever the football club. It's why they won.
Obviously, any other incredible insights? The point is was anyone else willing to pay close to that. If their last deal was for £5m and they've nobody else bidding near £25m it's an inflated price.

Obviously, any other incredible insights? The point is was anyone else willing to pay close to that. If their last deal was for £5m and they've nobody else bidding near £25m it's an inflated price.
You're assuming quite a bit. Do we know the delta between what AIA are willing to spend on Spurs versus the next best offer? You're assuming the best offers are close, in this kind of game closed bid that is not always the case.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Done a few sponsorship deals and its all differs per deal. Generally you sit down and get presented with the facts and figures and the exposure value based on print, TV and online. For example we sponsored a golfer who was constantly in the top 10 of the Masters, ironically bad everywhere else, but they would calculate how much the TV fees would be for X amount of coverage on a Sunday in the US and the World etc. We were told "3m of advertising value" now sponsorship is so wishy washy you take those literal figures as such, wishy washy and it cost us 50k to sponsor his shirt for a year.

So I assume they would be using the increased interactions on Sky as they will get more games per season (I imagine) and also the CL interactions as a way to inflate the figures. As its a new year and a new comp, they can in relative terms, inflate those figures to whatever they like, such is the nature of how figures are calculated.

Oh it definitely is that.

But legally hard to prove.
I'm not sure when legally defending the amount you can use comparative figures from other clubs. The problem then for the league is Emirates Marketing Project. You show their growth curve in sponsorship amounts, and ask 'well you have given the green light to this?..So..'

You're assuming quite a bit. Do we know the delta between what AIA are willing to spend on Spurs versus the next best offer? You're assuming the best offers are close, in this kind of game closed bid that is not always the case.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
I’m assuming nothing. There’s an if in there…
A company that hadn’t even a website a few weeks ago is suddenly paying 25m in sponsorship sounds dodgy to me. If it doesn’t to you I’ve no prob with that

I'm not sure when legally defending the amount you can use comparative figures from other clubs. The problem then for the league is Emirates Marketing Project. You show their growth curve in sponsorship amounts, and ask 'well you have given the green light to this?..So..'

Emirates Marketing Project went to the extreme didn't they? One of the cousins paid something like 100m for a hospitality suite of something. I am being extreme but literally every bit of money going in was bent. They had the emails from the CFO and how the money was being moved about. Hilarious strokes being taken

Back