• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saudi Sportswashing Machine

You're assuming quite a bit. Do we know the delta between what AIA are willing to spend on Spurs versus the next best offer? You're assuming the best offers are close, in this kind of game closed bid that is not always the case.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

The bids would be confidential. I doubt any company that made a losing bid would want it public knowledge.

I’m assuming nothing. There’s an if in there…
A company that hadn’t even a website a few weeks ago is suddenly paying 25m in sponsorship sounds dodgy to me. If it doesn’t to you I’ve no prob with that

We all agree it's dodgy. Just saying it is probably within the rules.

The bids would be confidential. I doubt any company that made a losing bid would want it public knowledge.
Aye and that's what I was trying to point out. He's assuming that bids are usually close in value but that wouldn't necessarily be the case. Sometimes they might be, often they're not.

Now in the case of Saudi Sportswashing Machine it's very easy to argue they are a project on the rise with increasing media presentation due to their finish in the league.

Regarding the company sponsoring them not having much of a presence previously, that would actually help their argument that sponsoring Saudi Sportswashing Machine is a massive pr opportunity and a chance to increase market awareness of their brand.

It is fudged. The qataris will buy utd or another club. Then everyone else is left behind. City have shown that.

Where does it leave us if things don't change? No hope.

It is fudged. The qataris will buy utd or another club. Then everyone else is left behind. City have shown that.

Where does it leave us if things don't change? No hope.
We have no hope as it is. Just accept it. Our owners are unwilling to provide funds to bridge the gap so it is what it is.

We have no hope as it is. Just accept it. Our owners are unwilling to provide funds to bridge the gap so it is what it is.

Our owners don't have the funds to. Most don't.

For me football needs to change and fans, instead of protesting about the owners should be protesting about the state of the game. It shouldn't be about who has the richest country that owns your team.

Aye and that's what I was trying to point out. He's assuming that bids are usually close in value but that wouldn't necessarily be the case. Sometimes they might be, often they're not.

Now in the case of Saudi Sportswashing Machine it's very easy to argue they are a project on the rise with increasing media presentation due to their finish in the league.

Regarding the company sponsoring them not having much of a presence previously, that would actually help their argument that sponsoring Saudi Sportswashing Machine is a massive pr opportunity and a chance to increase market awareness of their brand.

I'm not assuming anything. I don't believe it's normal for a shirt sponsor to go from 5m to 25m, Leicester won the league and they didn't get a jump like that.
So a company that has no presence a few weeks ago, can't afford a website and all of a sudden can spunk 25m a year on sponsoring a football team, that has next to no following outside their home city, and has ties to the owners of the football team. No nothing dodgy about that, go stick your head in the sand if you want.

'Sela' eh?
Read it backwards.
Newcy Brown.
They're taking the tinkle.

Also sounds a bit like Sellout.

For me football needs to change and fans, instead of protesting about the owners should be protesting about the state of the game. It shouldn't be about who has the richest country that owns your team.
Ummm but it's always been about money, it's just gotten bigger in scale because of greed, apart from the odd anomaly. I'm really wondering if new wage cap rules will be effective, there's always a work around

Ummm but it's always been about money, it's just gotten bigger in scale because of greed, apart from the odd anomaly. I'm really wondering if new wage cap rules will be effective, there's always a work around

There has always been a lot of things that are wrong. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try to change them.

Simple but post of the decade for me and says it in as many less words than I have tried to in recent times. This whole "If you can't beat them join them" and if you cant your owner is somehow a cnut is just a race to the bottom of football and society for me. Not caring where the money comes from and who gets paid what because of a few social comments aimed to shame people like "its not your money why do you care" or "ohhh Spurs Accountants out again". Even the idea that I keep reading that somehow the current Chelsea model is one to be admired or converted I just don't buy, I don't see the buying what will be over 500m in players on 40 players in a year as something to admire or aspire to IMO, it does nothing to suggest the game has a long term future, Romans tenure was boom and bust regardless how you frame it and if thats what you need this long conveyor belt of owners with unlimited funds then the games not really a good state. I don't see making players that won't even be sitting on the bench multi millionaires in such large numbers as a strategy IMO. People will pour scorn on those comments absolutely and say we have lacked a strategy and they would have course be right, but its alot harder to do things within your means than out of it, if thats seen as a bad thing then it really is reflective of where we are in the game.

So Toon want Neves, can't afford him because of FFP so get PIF to buy him for Saudi and loan him to them
Blatant cheating and abuse of the system just like Chelsea

The Magpies also want to sign Ruben Neves, 26, on loan after the Portugal midfielder agreed to join Al Hilal from Wolverhampton Wanderers for £47m this week. (Football Insider)

Back